Login

russian armor

CoH3 Pacific ?

4 Nov 2017, 23:58 PM

Just saw a topic in steam which had lot's of comments,like 7 pages,people went mad there xD

It was about new sequel for CoH that would not include Germans and it will focus on Pacific theater
What do you guys think about this ?
5 Nov 2017, 00:08 AM

It wouldn't be fun - one side has a super-sim city, the other has to assault through mud or jungle using mostly infantry. Forget any significant tank battles. Off-map 16 inch battleship support might be interesting (in a Sittard summer kind of way).
5 Nov 2017, 00:37 AM

I'm sick to death of those types of threads, almost on par with the "I want Italy/Japan" moans.. Almost.
5 Nov 2017, 01:06 AM
Donator 11

If there is ever going to be coh on pacific, it will most likely look like a combination of coh1 shore/beach maps and blitzkrieg 2, a ww2 rts that actually featured pacific island maps. So in effect there may be some shoreline at one side of the map, or the map is going to be totally in the middle of island. Both sides are definitely going to be fighting from almost symetrical positions thorough terrain with jungle, roads, some small buildings and some bunkers. Nothing more. Naval support probably similar to current railway offmaps.

This is the only way to place rts in pacific, still in case of relic it is hard to imagine such decision becouse it would mean they can't sell any army dlcs. Brits fighting in moskow outskirts is already stupid, but germans fighting on pacific island would be totally out of the scale.
5 Nov 2017, 01:23 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I don't think it's a problem of maps or faction design that would prevent a full pacific theater game, but the problem that Lelic can't easily introduce new dlc factions.

If they go for ww2 again, i expect them to go North Africa. Realy easy to start with Germans/brits, add americans/italians, and they can expand from there even more into europe if they want. If they start with Pacific theater they're really stuck with only one axis power unless they retcon the whole sticking to theaters thing, which is what they should do imo.

5 Nov 2017, 04:12 AM

I really have no interest in a COH 3 set in the Pacific. I'd much rather have a setting other than WW2, like a Cold War gone hot scenario a la Wargame, or even a futuristic game.
5 Nov 2017, 07:35 AM
Vaz
5 Nov 2017, 09:16 AM

I can't see pacific being fun. Relic getting inventive with setting and units, but keeping core gameplay would be better. North Africa with sand storms, yay.
5 Nov 2017, 10:37 AM

I would be surprised if it was Africa, simply because its much earlier in the war than COH2. Unless they made it smaller scale, with more in depth control and abilities, but fewer squads and tanks, and tanks likely to be more early war, so room to explore P3s and other earlier stuff coh not used much.

5 Nov 2017, 22:19 PM

Yea i would also like to see Africa with sandstorms. It would be brand new theater and i think it will be amazing.

Also saw a threat for Cold War,and yay i can't wait for that to happen but the chances are zero xD
5 Nov 2017, 22:51 PM

That's what was awesome with C&C Generals, it was 'tongue in cheek' enough to get away with having terrorist and Chinese factions.

Korea certainly has potential for coh, but it's way too close to current affairs.

5 Nov 2017, 22:58 PM

I think that's a good idea.(so good that I created mod http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=674767868 )
And I think Pacific theater is better than African. African theater requires large open spaces and small villages, this is Wargame/Steel Division style.

But I dream about something like C&C Generals: Russians vs Americans vs crazy muslims with suicide cars.
7 Nov 2017, 06:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2017, 01:23 AMTobis
I don't think it's a problem of maps or faction design that would prevent a full pacific theater game, but the problem that Lelic can't easily introduce new dlc factions.

If they go for ww2 again, i expect them to go North Africa. Realy easy to start with Germans/brits, add americans/italians, and they can expand from there even more into europe if they want. If they start with Pacific theater they're really stuck with only one axis power unless they retcon the whole sticking to theaters thing, which is what they should do imo.

USMC - Japanese Imperial Army
Far Eastern (Trans-Baikal) Military District - Kwantung Army
7 Nov 2017, 07:38 AM

Literally anything but futuristic. Vietnam, 80's Cold War, North Africa, Japanese, etc would be great.

Going futuristic kills games.
7 Nov 2017, 14:09 PM
Donator 11

>implying Coh Engine could make pacific look and run good. I often times dreamt of Coh Vietnam but realized the limitation of the player base's computers as well as the horrible scaling the Essence engine brings to the table is really disheartening.

I think Coh Pacific would be limited by not only the engine but unit roster wise would also be rather lack luster. Most of the island combat was brutal for sure but they would really have to nail the infantry combat and make that the key focus.

Also keep in mind that Coh is a style of game that can fit any era if you really think about it. You could throw it into star wars if you really wanted and still have it work out.
7 Nov 2017, 14:55 PM

-be relic

-make coh3 in pacific because there are 510324 threads about it on .org

-get 95% bad reviews, because everyone misses the famous Tiger, Panther, Calliope, Pershing WW2 tanks

-"shouldnthavedonethat.jpg"
7 Nov 2017, 16:36 PM

-be relic

-make coh3 in pacific because there are 510324 threads about it on .org

-get 95% bad reviews, because everyone misses the famous Tiger, Panther, Calliope, Pershing WW2 tanks

-"shouldnthavedonethat.jpg"

Ironically the Calliope and the Pershing are only famous because of COH. Neither was ever out there in any significant #'s. Same goes for the Sherman Jumbo.

The main reason people want a Pershing or Jumbo is to counter Tigers and Panthers, and the main reason they want a Tiger/Panther counter is because it is a game and the German side will always "have" to have access to all that "cool German kit" that historically was in short supply. Likewise the Calliope is desired (and known) because one thing COH didn't model well was that US troops had access to huge amounts of artillery. There was more of it, available faster, in higher calibers, and more accurately, than anything the Germans had. It was even more prevalent than air support.

Can they make a pacific theater game? Probably. But they would have to break even more of the "historical" molds than they did for COH1 & 2. The Japanese entered WW2 with a 2nd world war navy and air force, but with a WW1 army. And by 1943 they had already lost much of that navy and air force.
8 Nov 2017, 14:11 PM

No one wants to play a game where it’s literally one sided massacres in every battle, where the KD ratio is like 20/1.

Where a single MG destroys whole divisions

Where the most modern tank is comparable to that of a t70

Where it’s all jungle/close combat flighting

Where one side completely gets decimated my navel/Air assaults

8 Nov 2017, 14:21 PM

Cold War.

Red Alert on coh engine.

or Africa - Dune on coh engine...
9 Nov 2017, 04:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Nov 2017, 16:36 PMAvNY

Ironically the Calliope and the Pershing are only famous because of COH. Neither was ever out there in any significant #'s. Same goes for the Sherman Jumbo.

The main reason people want a Pershing or Jumbo is to counter Tigers and Panthers, and the main reason they want a Tiger/Panther counter is because it is a game and the German side will always "have" to have access to all that "cool German kit" that historically was in short supply. Likewise the Calliope is desired (and known) because one thing COH didn't model well was that US troops had access to huge amounts of artillery. There was more of it, available faster, in higher calibers, and more accurately, than anything the Germans had. It was even more prevalent than air support.

Spot on!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 37
unknown 24
Mexico 18
unknown 4
Germany 868

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W