Login

russian armor

DBP USF thread

4 Nov 2017, 23:19 PM

I open a thread to sum the points about USF.

Moving smoke grenade to RE is interesting to force USF to diversify its BO but since RE are still expensive trash, the change only weaken USF so far.

USF really need something to clean building fast. I played couple of DBP game this afternoon and in one game I purposely let my opponent take the building alongside my cuttof and Built a Mortar, put it at mid range from the building, after 10 minutes firing at the building, 0 kills and still impossible for me to take back my cuttof. I use grenade with no effect, a 4 men squad get out and in faster than the USF grenade windup. At this stage smoke nades are just a waste of amo.

In fact my mortar reached vet2 with 0 kill and then, miraculously killed two guys. The USF mortar is simply too random when you put it in a situation where you actually need it to do something.

RE are still overexpensive trash, the new volley fire save the day some times but it is not like you have that much of amo as USF to spend on so why not giving them flamethrowers?
I understand giving flamthrower and smoke nade to USF can make the early game OP. So why not simply exchange smoke nade and flamethrower. Smoke grenade as doctrinal and flamethrower stock for RE. So you can let them be overexpensive trash mobs but able to upgrade flamethrower everytime you need it.
The USF mortar is so unreliable so at least it will have a real purpose with the smoke barrage. And since all factions will have smoke barrage with this patch, why not all factions could access a real tool to clean buildings as well?

I haven't go to the T3 with USF, so I can't comment on the Major and Jackson changes.
4 Nov 2017, 23:24 PM

Jackson is still in a problem spot simply due to its role - countering heavy armor. As it stands, the only at weapon USF possesses with the ability to counter massed mediums is the 57mm ATG. I personally think that the M10 should be stock and the M36 taking its place in Armored Company.
4 Nov 2017, 23:58 PM

Jackson is still in a problem spot simply due to its role - countering heavy armor. As it stands, the only at weapon USF possesses with the ability to counter massed mediums is the 57mm ATG. I personally think that the M10 should be stock and the M36 taking its place in Armored Company.

Tiger and KT will ruin you then, not like the Jackson is super reliable but it's what we have, it got buffed too so I don't think this will work.
5 Nov 2017, 01:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2017, 23:19 PMEsxile

In fact my mortar reached vet2 with 0 kill and then, miraculously killed two guys..

Experience is awarded for damage and not kills so if your opponent was rotating the troops in building it natural that it vet without getting kills.

RE are still overexpensive trash,..

The have the same price as Pioneers and 10 Manpower cheaper the RO.E, so I dont really see how the are "over-expensive".
5 Nov 2017, 01:42 AM
Donator 11

I use grenade with no effect, a 4 men squad get out and in faster than the USF grenade windup. At this stage smoke nades are just a waste of amo.

Could you have jumped in the building when the 4 man squad exited under threat of grenade?
5 Nov 2017, 01:57 AM

I open a thread to sum the points about USF.

Moving smoke grenade to RE is interesting to force USF to diversify its BO but since RE are still expensive trash, the change only weaken USF so far.

USF really need something to clean building fast. I played couple of DBP game this afternoon and in one game I purposely let my opponent take the building alongside my cuttof and Built a Mortar, put it at mid range from the building, after 10 minutes firing at the building, 0 kills and still impossible for me to take back my cuttof. I use grenade with no effect, a 4 men squad get out and in faster than the USF grenade windup. At this stage smoke nades are just a waste of amo.

In fact my mortar reached vet2 with 0 kill and then, miraculously killed two guys. The USF mortar is simply too random when you put it in a situation where you actually need it to do something.

RE are still overexpensive trash, the new volley fire save the day some times but it is not like you have that much of amo as USF to spend on so why not giving them flamethrowers?
I understand giving flamthrower and smoke nade to USF can make the early game OP. So why not simply exchange smoke nade and flamethrower. Smoke grenade as doctrinal and flamethrower stock for RE. So you can let them be overexpensive trash mobs but able to upgrade flamethrower everytime you need it.
The USF mortar is so unreliable so at least it will have a real purpose with the smoke barrage. And since all factions will have smoke barrage with this patch, why not all factions could access a real tool to clean buildings as well?

I haven't go to the T3 with USF, so I can't comment on the Major and Jackson changes.

Use the smoke from the morter then surround the house with rifles. Anything thats stays in the house will die or die on retreat due to low health. Although sturmpioneers or mg42 going straight to cutoff house on some maps is broken as shit.

Spamming smoke with rifles though was really obnoxious gameplay. Personally I would prefer the removal of smoke with the exception of morter and Lt and give RE's flamers (remove extra man). The presence of usf morter in every game is really annoying and repetitive.
5 Nov 2017, 04:41 AM

I see all sorts of problems right now.

Sherman too weak, jackson too expensive, major too expensive, retarded healing mechanics, over reliance on munitions, useless commanders abilities and so on.
5 Nov 2017, 05:22 AM

R.I.P. America
5 Nov 2017, 05:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2017, 05:22 AMKothre

R.I.P. America

Yeah cause being able to spam cheap tank destroyers is somehow worse than having 1 for 140 fuel that fires once every 8 seconds.
5 Nov 2017, 07:51 AM

Use the smoke from the morter then surround the house with rifles. Anything thats stays in the house will die or die on retreat due to low health. Although sturmpioneers or mg42 going straight to cutoff house on some maps is broken as shit.

Spamming smoke with rifles though was really obnoxious gameplay. Personally I would prefer the removal of smoke with the exception of morter and Lt and give RE's flamers (remove extra man). The presence of usf morter in every game is really annoying and repetitive.

Not if the building is in concret and you forget to explain where does sit the rest of your opponent army while you use half of yours to force a HMG off while suffering heavy casuality.
5 Nov 2017, 08:08 AM

I just don't understand why RE's cost 200 MP. Especially since they can't get a non doctrinal flame thrower and their repair speed is being nerfed.

The M36 is just situational as fuck, great vs solo Tigers or P4's but pretty much trash in every other situation, especially if there is any sort of support for axis tanks.

Smokes don't need to be removed from Riflemen, if Relic wants to add more utility to Echelon, then RE's need to have a side tech option in the HQ to enable flamethrowers.
5 Nov 2017, 08:24 AM

They are nerfing the entry and exit time of garrisons, may help somewhat with using grenades against them.

I wonder if echelons having smoke will open any interesting tactics for flanking with zooks..
Vaz
5 Nov 2017, 09:12 AM

They are nerfing the entry and exit time of garrisons, may help somewhat with using grenades against them.

I wonder if echelons having smoke will open any interesting tactics for flanking with zooks..

Something rifles can't already do? I doubt it.
5 Nov 2017, 10:16 AM

True, but REs are more readily equiped with zooks.

It'l certainly be a pain for some people who use rifle smoke a lot, but I guess you just have to plan harder to have the squad really needing smoke be the Lt.
5 Nov 2017, 10:28 AM
Donator 11

True, but REs are more readily equiped with zooks.

It'l certainly be a pain for some people who use rifle smoke a lot, but I guess you just have to plan harder to have the squad really needing smoke be the Lt.

Or just use the mortar with it’s new extended smoke range
5 Nov 2017, 10:33 AM

What people tent to forget is that RE benefit allot from weapon upgrades.

That is mainly because in vet 1 they get a big accuracy bonus of x120% which unlike Ro.E. applies to all weapon not only their own weapons. That means that these weapon are more in the hands of RE then in the hand of riflemen (at least until both unit reach vet 3).

In addition they can equip multiple weapon and even a flamer(dotrinal) and Bar or an LMG (dotrinal) and a bar.

With changes in Volley fire they become extremely good in countering flanking units especially when in garrison.

Finally the combination of low pop (compared to Sturm), availability of long range weapon, low XP value allows them to vest faster, with less risk the other engineering type unit and repair faster.

Compared to other engineer units they far from UP.

Actually in a team-game with DBP my teammate was spamming RE and it worked pretty well. And there is replay with Hector going RE only:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/65064/replay-feedback-for-december-balance-patch/page/1#post_id636772
(Edit:changed to x120% at sherlock request)
5 Nov 2017, 10:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2017, 07:51 AMEsxile

Not if the building is in concret and you forget to explain where does sit the rest of your opponent army while you use half of yours to force a HMG off while suffering heavy casuality.

First of all, keep in mind I agreed with your point of giving Re's flamers.

As to your reply, try providing more details next time your describing a scenario. If your oppoment has an mg in a house and has his entire army supporting then flamers or any morter from any faction will not clear the building quickly. In fact I wpuld argue that in this scenario smoke would be the best approach as only a moron would sit still when seeing smoke.

Usf imo has plenty of options to clear houses but in situations where it is early in the game or the house is critical then i would have thought the simplest solution is to not lose the house. Take the key house on angoville for example. If ost is careless and loses that house early then there is no easy solution except to push the other side. And yes i do realise ost has the best morter and flamers.
5 Nov 2017, 10:53 AM

The nerf really apply for large squad, 4 men squads aren't really impacted.
5 Nov 2017, 10:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2017, 07:51 AMEsxile

The building being concrete has no effect other than its orlverall health.

Also if you let a building which oversees your cutoff into the opponent's hands you've made a tactical error and should be punished for it. Just be happy they can't turn it into a forward HQ.
5 Nov 2017, 11:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2017, 10:53 AMEsxile

The nerf really apply for large squad, 4 men squads aren't really impacted.

Pls check patch notes according to them, there are no differences between a 4 and 6 man squad when entering (might be 1 sec when exiting).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★