Login

russian armor

DBP USF thread

5 Nov 2017, 11:24 AM

Incase you really need anti building stuff go Armor company or Rifle company for the flamethrowers.
5 Nov 2017, 11:40 AM

Incase you really need anti building stuff go Armor company or Rifle company for the flamethrowers.

Would be great to not have to.
5 Nov 2017, 11:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2017, 11:40 AMEsxile

Would be great to not have to.

Out of the 8 USF doctrines 3 have access to flamers and another 2 to LMG, for the remaining 3 they still have access to Bar and bazookas. And they can still carry weapon and a minesweepers. That is far more weapons than EFA get.

Watch Hector's replay.
5 Nov 2017, 12:05 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2017, 10:33 AMVipper
What people tent to forget is that RE benefit allot from weapon upgrades.

That is mainly because in vet 1 they get a big accuracy bonus of 120% which unlike Ro.E. applies to all weapon not only their own weapons. That means that these weapon are more in the hands of RE then in the hand of riflemen (at least until both unit reach vet 3).

I think you mean the right thing, but the bonus accuracy is 20% or the factor by which accuracy is increased 1.2 for an overall accuracy of 120% if vet 0 vet is seen as 100%. Your formulation might confuse people to think that the bonus is 120%.

Completely agree with everything else :)
5 Nov 2017, 12:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2017, 11:51 AMVipper

Out of the 8 USF doctrines 3 have access to flamers and another 2 to LMG, for the remaining 3 they still have access to Bar and bazookas. And they can still carry weapon and a minesweepers. That is far more weapons than EFA get.

Watch Hector's replay.

I don't see your point. My proposal is to replace smoke nade by flamethrower, not to gives them both stock.
5 Nov 2017, 13:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2017, 12:40 PMEsxile

I don't see your point. My proposal is to replace smoke nade by flamethrower, not to gives them both stock.

Stock flamers doubled equipped with bars, easy access to smoke (from mortar and riflemen) and 5 member at vet 3 what, I wonder what could possibly go wrong?
5 Nov 2017, 13:29 PM

Fix POP CAP for^

ambu

m20 (should come as 222 with upgrade) 340 mp?

AA 340mp?

Scott
5 Nov 2017, 13:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2017, 13:06 PMVipper

Stock flamers doubled equipped with bars, easy access to smoke (from mortar and riflemen) and 5 member at vet 3 what, I wonder what could possibly go wrong?

If something was going wrong in that configuration, we would been already seeing it anytime one of the doctrine having FT was picked, which is not the case.
5 Nov 2017, 13:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2017, 13:53 PMEsxile

If something was going wrong in that configuration, we would been already seeing it anytime one of the doctrine having FT was picked, which is not the case.

Test in DBP where RE can easily pin with bar and burn enemy to cinder with the flamer...
5 Nov 2017, 15:35 PM

Watch one of my replays. The biggest BS I faced was 10 miragefla echelon blob with framers smoke captain on me bars zooks and stuff. Of course supported by Smiths fireflies and Churchill and IS lmg blobs. What can possibly go wrong ;)
5 Nov 2017, 18:35 PM

teamgames have space for all kinds of shenanigans, even on current version you can make RETs work this way. In 1v1 the story is different.

Too bad there is no group for people to set up games, I only played once so I can't really test it.
Vaz
5 Nov 2017, 19:10 PM

Watch one of my replays. The biggest BS I faced was 10 miragefla echelon blob with framers smoke captain on me bars zooks and stuff. Of course supported by Smiths fireflies and Churchill and IS lmg blobs. What can possibly go wrong ;)

Sounds more like they were toying with you and didn't see your team as much of a threat to winning.
5 Nov 2017, 19:26 PM

I'm looking forward to the Commander changes the most, though I do feel the LT tier will still be weaker, it will be playable again when Bazookas are fixed.
I love the Jackson Buff.
5 Nov 2017, 20:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2017, 13:06 PMVipper

To be viable, all these things would need to be changed. Flamers take both slots like lmgs and 5th man upon vet canceled.

Smoke would also need ro be limited to say lt and morter.

Maybe even tie it to tech upgrade eg nades
6 Nov 2017, 08:01 AM

Did they have flamethrowers? if not, what's the point?
6 Nov 2017, 08:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Nov 2017, 08:01 AMEsxile

Did they have flamethrowers? if not, what's the point?

The point would be to demonstrate that they are not the "overexpensive trash" you describe and if one is not careful RE can become the next plague for COH2.
6 Nov 2017, 09:49 AM

you must be very noobi if u have problems to clean houses with USF...whoich have so many tools...smoke it? and its a lie when you tell us USF morta need minutes to clean a house...its very effective vs garrisons and would kill most model in under 1minute...
6 Nov 2017, 11:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Nov 2017, 08:31 AMVipper

The point would be to demonstrate that they are not the "overexpensive trash" you describe and if one is not careful RE can become the next plague for COH2.

They are, if you need to build 10 of them to do something useful, then their is a problem. And if Hector didn't see it coming, he also has a problem but that's not the game fault.

6 Nov 2017, 12:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Nov 2017, 11:39 AMEsxile

They are, if you need to build 10 of them to do something useful, then their is a problem. And if Hector didn't see it coming, he also has a problem but that's not the game fault.

Try building 10 Pioneer, 10 CE or 10 SP and test how well its going to work for you.

Having strategies that allow cheap units to be spammed and actually being effective creates more problems than it actually solves.

Engineer type units imo, should augment core infantry units and provide utility and NOT be able to replace them.
6 Nov 2017, 13:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Nov 2017, 12:08 PMVipper

Try building 10 Pioneer, 10 CE or 10 SP and test how well its going to work for you.

Having strategies that allow cheap units to be spammed and actually being effective creates more problems than it actually solves.

Engineer type units imo, should augment core infantry units and provide utility and NOT be able to replace them.

On a 2vs2 with another player supporting you, and using a new feature (RE smokenade) to see if it works. It works too well doesn't mean that RE without smoke are good.

RE are carrying flamethrowers since more than a year with the Riflemen Doctrine. Have you ever see a spam RE+flamethrower taking place since then? no. Do you think nobody thought about it and try it? Of course people tried it, and of course it doesn't work well so nobody does it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★