Login

russian armor

Some easy solvable design issues for December patch

4 Nov 2017, 13:00 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Hello! :D

I have decided to collect from general list of QoL suggestion those ones, which easiliy to solve without adding something new to the game (except KV-8 icon, because official one looks very close to KV-1 icon and can be improved).

sovietssoviets

USSR

sovietssoviets

ostheerostheer

Ostheer

ostheerostheer

usfusf

USF

usfusf

okwokw

OKW

okwokw

About changing armored assault portrait
Also, why not to change Armored assault doctrine portrait? This unused portraits fits much better, that original one

Portrait of the Armored Assault commander:

Unused Red Army commander portrait:

About suppresive and AP abilities for HMG:
Separated supressive and AP abillities for HMG

For supressing abillities (Maxim, Vickers K on UC)

For AP abillities (DShK, MG 34/42, M2HB)

Updated first post according to the last version of DBP! Glad to see, how many fixies going to be applied in total TO the UI! :)

Have you already decided what to do with UI stuff for new units?

Here is some issues:
1. Assault package for volks doesn't has proper icon (should have MP 40 on icon).
2. OKW Opel Blitz using portraits from Ostheer Opel Blitz (Different Background). Should be like here (i have done it for 1 minute only for example need to be edited by professional artist :lol: )

3. Jager command squad still doesn't has unique shieldsymbol and call-in icon. Here could help Kasarov, his shieldsymbols are awesome and on solid level!

4. WC 51 using wrong icon for M2HB upgrade.
Right one called: Icons_upgrades_icon_upgrade_aef_50_cal_machine_gun

5. leIG 18 incendiary barrage doesn't have proper icon. I have made is by myself:

Due to standartisation leIG should use:
For standart barrage: Icons_abilities_ability_aef_m8a1_artillery_barrage
For Smoke barrage (already using): Icons_abilities_ability_aef_m8a1_smoke_barrage
For incendiary barrage: new one
And it will looks like this:

6. KV-8 still not has proper icon. Even more, it's call-in icon stay untouched. :(
7. OKW Opel Blitz can use better icon for his aura : Icons_abilities_ability_west_german_suppression

Some suggestions for already exist units:
1. Penals can use better icon for their AT satchel: Icons_bob_abilities_at_satchel_charge

2. ISU-152 can use better quality icon for G-530 to better match with HE/AT switching abillity: Icons_abilities_ability_british_piercing_shot

And, if Relic will finally decided to implementing new UI stuff, don't forget about those ones:
4 Nov 2017, 14:43 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Also, why not to change Armored assault doctrine portrait? This unused portraits fits much better, that original one

4 Nov 2017, 19:04 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Do you mind if I propose another quality of life idea?

Garrisonable vehicles gains the ability to capture when loaded with infantry.

This will allow of shift clicking to queue capturing when the vehicle is loaded in order allow for mass capturing or to enable a reverse move command after making a deep capture.
4 Nov 2017, 19:24 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Do you mind if I propose another quality of life idea?

Garrisonable vehicles gains the ability to capture when loaded with infantry.

This will allow of shift clicking to queue capturing when the vehicle is loaded in order allow for mass capturing or to enable a reverse move command after making a deep capture.

Here collected only fast and quick fixible suggestions from the major QoL thread. IMO ( i can be wrong) your suggestion better put in the general thread https://www.coh2.org/topic/57860/some-qol-suggestions

P.S. I will put it to the list later today :)
4 Nov 2017, 20:56 PM

+1

( he looks like Sean Connery )
4 Nov 2017, 21:00 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

( he looks like Sean Connery )

SpecSavers will be your friend. :)

Back to topic.
4 Nov 2017, 21:08 PM

SpecSavers will be your friend. :)

Back to topic.

Maybe, I did not visit my Ophthalmologist for some time, but still there are some lines of similarities between those 2 guys :)

No worries, ending here and going back to topic ;)
4 Nov 2017, 22:07 PM

+1 to these changes
5 Nov 2017, 20:01 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Separated supressive and AP abillities for HMG

For supressing abillities (Maxim, Vickers K on UC)

For AP abillities (DShK, MG 34/42, M2HB)
5 Nov 2017, 20:20 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Let's PLEASE fix the Volks/Brandenburger StG44 with this correct icon, so that it is consistent with Infrared StG44 from Obers:

6 Nov 2017, 08:49 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I have forgotten about mortar barrage icon. It is also from gamefiles and need to be added for M1 mortar.

Let's PLEASE fix the Volks/Brandenburger StG44 with this correct icon, so that it is consistent with Infrared StG44 from Obers:

True, this looks much better, but...it is not from gamefiles.

The only suggestion from this list, which used non-gamefile source - KV-8 icon, due to changing of KV-8 icon is already mentioned in the patchnote. I don't think Relic will one more time changing icon for it. Because of that i am pushing the icon from the community, cause it is the best variant at the moment. It will be more informative and looks like flamehetzer icon.

Can be added also updated icon for Churchill Crocodile, but this vehicle not touched in this patch.
---->
6 Nov 2017, 09:35 AM

Personally I'd also really like to the Katyusha get a full salvo barrage instead of this ganky delay that they never did in real life, even if it's their vet 1 ability to replace creeping barrage nobody uses (which they also weren't known to do in real life).
10 Nov 2017, 10:09 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Due to lat announcement, i mean rebalancing Guard Rifle Combined Arms Tactics and Jaeger infantry Doctrine, i want to suggest refreshed portraits for them, which looks like late EFA, WFA, and UKF portraits:

And Jaeger infantry doctrine

Not actually from gamefiles, but based on gamefiles from CoH2 Alpha from 2013 :)
19 Nov 2017, 01:18 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Updated first post.

- Added names in the gamefiles for the proper icons
- Added suggestions from the thread, which not require adding new stuff
19 Nov 2017, 01:55 AM

Suggestion to the T34 Change, it would be nice if it got extra stuff at vet 1,2 or 3 much like the panzer 4.
19 Nov 2017, 09:34 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Nov 2017, 09:35 AMKothre
Personally I'd also really like to the Katyusha get a full salvo barrage instead of this ganky delay that they never did in real life, even if it's their vet 1 ability to replace creeping barrage nobody uses (which they also weren't known to do in real life).

Suggestion to the T34 Change, it would be nice if it got extra stuff at vet 1,2 or 3 much like the panzer 4.
From Osinyagov: I am sorry, i have misunderstood you! My bad

Guys, i strongly recommend you to read the first post before posting your suggestions.

1. This thread only about UI suggestions.
2. Only suggestions, which can be solved with stuff from gamefiles (except KV-8).
3. No balance suggestions ^_^
4. For other QoL and UI suggestions exist the general thread: https://www.coh2.org/topic/57860/some-qol-suggestions

Thank you :)
25 Nov 2017, 13:03 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Ostheer Artillery Officer
For his new ability used icon for USF mortars, but in the game exist icon for 120-mm barrage.
---->
Name in the gamefiles: icons_abilities_ability_soviet_120mm_mortar_barrage

Ostruppen supply abillity
Should have icon somewhat like British Air Resupply Operation (with small icons of HMG, Pak 40)
25 Nov 2017, 20:21 PM

This might not belong here - feel free to move/edit/remove if needed.

Is there a way to fix the main menu background sound (that quiet mumbling or explosions).

It keeps going on in matches sometimes...it's really annoying.

Please see this thread as reference (i know its old af but still):
https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/168253/search-sound-from-game-lobby-keeps-playing-entire-game
25 Nov 2017, 21:16 PM

Mirage had a pass over most things on the list. I'm not sure how many/which are remaining.
25 Nov 2017, 21:53 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Mirage had a pass over most things on the list. I'm not sure how many/which are remaining.

Updated first post, thank you Smith and Mirage!

Waiting for possibility to adding new staff to the gamefiles to unleash the changes from the main QoL list

This might not belong here - feel free to move/edit/remove if needed.

Is there a way to fix the main menu background sound (that quiet mumbling or explosions).

It keeps going on in matches sometimes...it's really annoying.

Please see this thread as reference (i know its old af but still):
https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/168253/search-sound-from-game-lobby-keeps-playing-entire-game

Maybe, i beleieve it is more technical issue, than UI :(
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3
Korea, Republic Of 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak