Login

russian armor

Some easy solvable design issues for December patch

12 Dec 2017, 14:45 PM

I know it is too late, but maybe it still produces a reverberation and a wonder. I spoke already with Mr_Smith about my matter of concern. ^^

- Give Tiger-Ace decorative 5 Veterane-Stars.
- Change his skin, because of ugliness to "german_0010_summer" and "german_0010_winter"

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Auba63jVJDDGnKxDR3_IS86Mzlgrvw
12 Dec 2017, 16:24 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I know it is too late, but maybe it still produces a reverberation and a wonder. I spoke already with Mr_Smith about my matter of concern. ^^

- Give Tiger-Ace decorative 5 Veterane-Stars.
- Change his skin, because of ugliness to "german_0010_summer" and "german_0010_winter"

Tiger_Ace

I am for change it on Königstiger, but you suggestion sounds interesting!

P.S. The file on onedrive don‘t exist, or set to private access. What is it inside this link?
13 Dec 2017, 00:26 AM

What is it inside this link?

It was only a pic of my prototype of Tiger-Ace. Now the link is working.
https://1drv.ms/i/s!Auba63jVJDDGnKxDR3_IS86Mzlgrvw

We could put into the description of Vet4 and Vet5 some informations why it is so much better than a normal Vet3 Tiger. It is only cosmetic for the logic, I am a fetishist. ^^

Vet1 text: "Unlocks the 'Blitzkrieg' veteran ability."
Vet2 text: "Elite crews fire with greater accuracy and range."
Vet3 text: "Tiger Ace navigates the battle field with ease and fires with greater frequency."
Vet4 text: "Sophisticated optimizations reduce the risk of injurys by shelling."
Vet5 text: "Battlefield becomes a playground for bearers of the Knight's Cross."

1, 2, and 3 are same as for the regular Tiger. 4 would explain why the tanks has more health. 5 would explain why it has more sight.
13 Dec 2017, 01:28 AM

I thought about some cosmetic and game mechanic things that really should have been fixed a long time ago that, I guess, fall into this design thread.

First, models stances. Coh2's squads just feel lifeless, models stay on their feet while being shot at and just dont show any sence of being in danger or concerned about the enemy being nearby and look for him. Making models crouch behind cover and go prone and crouch when fighting would improve CoH in this department.

Instead of this:
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/527262038870658708/812246A743F1D64A38F2F8CF8A7FA942AFADBAFE/

More of this:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/companyofheroes/images/c/c1/Unit_Infantry_Section.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110724212121&path-prefix=en

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/companyofheroes/images/d/d1/Stormtrooper_%26_Sniper_02.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20080902233047&path-prefix=en

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/companyofheroes/images/d/d2/Unit_Luftwaffe_Ground_Force_Bright.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110727172433&path-prefix=en

Secound thing that would improve CoH is if units like the sturpanther and flame based weapons would target the center of the squad, this way using their weapons to the fullest without forcing the player to attack ground.

Another topic I wanted to talk about are mortars. Mortars right now don't require as much skill as, let's say, using a hmg. Why not make the player have more input in what a mortar actually does for him? To achieve this I suggest removing autofire from mortars, remove the cooldown from the barrage and give suppresion (if a mortar round exploded next to anyone that person would suffer some kind of supression effect I would way) this way making the game a bit more realistic, rewarding a player for using a mortar well and giving a more stratigic role to mortars (instead of "hammers").
Edit: Also apply the same "killing models limitation" that mines have to prevent mortars from wiping squads that are too clumped up.

Finally lets talk about blobs. I believe blobs are a valid tactic but the only way to counter a blob is by blobing yourself because hmg's (the logic counter to a blob) just die before doing something. My suggestion would be to use a mechanic simillar to the shared veterancy but instead it would share suppression. Lets say that a hmg does suppression to a squad at a rate 1x. Now imagine a blob of 5 units, with the shared suppression the hmg would do 5x the suppression to each squad in the blob because each squad would share suppression with the others and thus hmg's would finally do what they are supposed to do, counter infantry.
13 Dec 2017, 02:42 AM

Now Luftwaffe skill planez is work as intend.

Is it possible to change the name of this ability ? Like "Luftwaffe Assault" ?
13 Dec 2017, 11:07 AM

1. To modify all animations there is no possibility to manage that. We have to wait for real tools, an addon or CoH3.

2. There is no center.

3. The mortar lives by his passivity. In my opinion the only weapon systems that could be managed like that are direct artilleries like leIG18, Haubitze or Zis -> we still have.

4. To much suppression will destroy the game. It isn't Man-of-War where you can flank like a crazy horse. Maybe with abilities -> we still have.

ALL OVER ALL, this thread is for easy fixing and small ideas.
13 Dec 2017, 11:45 AM

1. To modify all animations there is no possibility to manage that. We have to wait for real tools, an addon or CoH3.

2. There is no center.

3. The mortar lives by his passivity. In my opinion the only weapon systems that could be managed like that are direct artilleries like leIG18, Haubitze or Zis -> we still have.

4. To much suppression will destroy the game. It isn't Man-of-War where you can flank like a crazy horse. Maybe with abilities -> we still have.

ALL OVER ALL, this thread is for easy fixing and small ideas.

1 - I'm not familiarized with how the tools work so I was just suggesting. Although abit of model stances were improved in the dbp.

2 - Each squad member has a number assigned to him like we see in the cheat mod II, I would assume and also assuming that each entity in the edges of the squads would always have the starting number or the last number we could use the middle number lets way number 3 of 5 to target the center of the squad. Hope I made myself clear, language barriers and stuff.

3 - I don't believe that, mortars should be smaller and more mobile versions of heavy artillery. Right now mortars don't require much input from the player and thus when spammed can win games without any real efford.

4 - It depends on the map and of the player army diversity. You always have mortars to drop smoke. If double the suppression proved to be too much maybe make it half to test things out.
13 Dec 2017, 12:02 PM

1. That was partially my owe. ^^
2. It will stay the same, not the center of the squad will be attacked. This 3rd member of the troup can stay anywhere. The attacking unit would try to find that memeber, that would destroy the hole commandibility.
3. You can still make attack-ground with the mortar without benefit from Vet-range-buff. But killing the hole auto-fire is to much for my taste. Edit: It is a possibility, but not for this patch.
4. -
13 Dec 2017, 12:17 PM
Donator 11

Finally lets talk about blobs. I believe blobs are a valid tactic but the only way to counter a blob is by blobing yourself because hmg's (the logic counter to a blob) just die before doing something. My suggestion would be to use a mechanic simillar to the shared veterancy but instead it would share suppression. Lets say that a hmg does suppression to a squad at a rate 1x. Now imagine a blob of 5 units, with the shared suppression the hmg would do 5x the suppression to each squad in the blob because each squad would share suppression with the others and thus hmg's would finally do what they are supposed to do, counter infantry.

As far as I know this has already been implemented. The supression kicks in faster if there are more models close to each other. This is why it is so easy to supress con squad. The problem with this is that the range of this effect is rather small. This can't be improved though as for example squads in defencive cover positions are usually just as close to each other as squads in a blob. By punishing blobs with increasing range of that effect you would also punish good play.
13 Dec 2017, 16:10 PM

As far as I know this has already been implemented. The supression kicks in faster if there are more models close to each other. This is why it is so easy to supress con squad. The problem with this is that the range of this effect is rather small. This can't be improved though as for example squads in defencive cover positions are usually just as close to each other as squads in a blob. By punishing blobs with increasing range of that effect you would also punish good play.

I had no knowledge of this but I as refering to the number of squads not models. Also, if you get cought up in hmg fire is that good play? o_O
13 Dec 2017, 18:25 PM
Donator 11

I had no knowledge of this but I as refering to the number of squads not models. Also, if you get cought up in hmg fire is that good play? o_O

I think its not possible to define for squads becouse squads have no postition, only models do.

What I mean by good play is defencive placement in green cover. If opponents attacks position using hmg, he should not be able to supress squad in green cover quickly, just becouse there are other squads in other green cover nearby.
13 Dec 2017, 18:52 PM

I think its not possible to define for squads becouse squads have no postition, only models do.

What I mean by good play is defencive placement in green cover. If opponents attacks position using hmg, he should not be able to supress squad in green cover quickly, just becouse there are other squads in other green cover nearby.

I'm sure there is a way to reduce the effects of said "shared supression" to squads that are in heavy cover, same mechanic that make brit infantry sections have different stats when in cover. And this wouldn't really affect squads in cover anyway because it would only apply to squads that are close together as if in a command group kinda distance from each other, you dont really see that with squads in cover.
15 Dec 2017, 13:31 PM

Please add this to the list, lest it gets forgotten:

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2017, 12:23 PMHarold
Removing the Calliope reload frequency causes rockets to visually fire from the same launch tube after a period of time.

GIF

To solve this issue: Set the reload value to 0.01 (or lower, didn't test though) and change the reload frequency to after how many rockets this issue appears. The amount seems to depend on the cooldown between each rocket.

15 Dec 2017, 16:58 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Please add this to the list, lest it gets forgotten:

I believe, tommorow will be time for updating general QoL thread, thus all non-implemented changes will be save :)

Also, Harold idea can be used for Land Matress and Panzerwerfer (iirc they using the same tube for all rockets)
15 Dec 2017, 20:57 PM

Add moving OKW Opel truck to the 3rd line of squadshields with howitzers/etc to keep the interface clean.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★