Login

russian armor

December Balance Preview

• This thread is locked
PAGES (85)down
11 Dec 2017, 12:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2017, 10:02 AMEsxile

There is a misunderstanding, Swap RM RifleSmoke with RE flamethrower. So the doctrine is again Riflemen centered with the smoke nade and USF has a stock option to clean building.

Which implies rifle + flamethrower nondoc + mortar wouldn't be op.
But it's not true..

The only anti mg/smoke should be pack howie/mortar and as exception m8 motor.
Normalizing something as stupid as 80% of usf units having smoke doesn't require any compensating buff.
11 Dec 2017, 12:49 PM

Invissed three posts for excessive trolling, and two more for quoting these posts.
11 Dec 2017, 13:00 PM
Donator 11

i've heard miragefla said the small arm fire will make sure surpressed squad remain surpressed right ?

what does ostheer player usaully do when they encounter smoke ? did they move in pioneer or did they reposition the MG or they use nearby squad to provide supressing fire to make sure the victim remain surpressed ?

i haven't play ostheer that much so i have no idea but perhaps there must be a way to prevent " get out of jail card" right ?

Moving in a unit rarely works because the smoke prevents them getting sight until it’s too late and the rifle squad pops up and murders the attacking pios or grens.

I normally reposition and give ground, and give ground, and give ground. Typically good players have a flanking squad as well so you have to pull everything back as rifles are stronger than everything OST has (except maybe pgrens in cover) without suppression support
11 Dec 2017, 13:52 PM

I'll say this once and not again, please remove USF rifle smoke from all sources. They have a mortar for smoke and do not need any more. Currently rifle nade smokes is just a get out of jail free card. You get suppressed, "oh I just rifle nade smoke." People just need to learn to flank. Period.

The SAME exact thing could be said for the "Get out of jail free card" instant LOS blocking smoke from German tanks with certain commanders (OH LOOK AT GUN "SMOKE" AND REVERSE AWAY, HOW ABOUT A SPEED REDUCTION IN THE SMOKE?). Except its has been happening for much longer, but people somehow turn a blind eye to that but center on Rifleman smoke of all things. Really?
11 Dec 2017, 14:04 PM

Which implies rifle + flamethrower nondoc + mortar wouldn't be op.
But it's not true..

The only anti mg/smoke should be pack howie/mortar and as exception m8 motor.
Normalizing something as stupid as 80% of usf units having smoke doesn't require any compensating buff.

Will see, imo I predict HMG42 spam again vs USF at least in low/average skill players matchs on urban maps. Mortar isn't going to be enough if you don't have tools to force your opponent off building. RM smoke had at least the advantage to let you move individually your squads around the map.
I wouldn't even be surprise if it doesn't force USF players to blob more, if you can only smoke one spot at time, you better move all your army here.

11 Dec 2017, 14:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2017, 13:00 PMArray

Moving in a unit rarely works because the smoke prevents them getting sight until it’s too late and the rifle squad pops up and murders the attacking pios or grens.

I normally reposition and give ground, and give ground, and give ground. Typically good players have a flanking squad as well so you have to pull everything back as rifles are stronger than everything OST has (except maybe pgrens in cover) without suppression support

oh right i haven't thought about that
11 Dec 2017, 14:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2017, 14:04 PMEsxile

Will see, imo I predict HMG42 spam again vs USF at least in low/average skill players matchs on urban maps. Mortar isn't going to be enough if you don't have tools to force your opponent off building. RM smoke had at least the advantage to let you move individually your squads around the map.
I wouldn't even be surprise if it doesn't force USF players to blob more, if you can only smoke one spot at time, you better move all your army here.

Well, luckily this game isn't balanced for low skill players...
And the implication that hmg walls would be a thing is just...too much.
What stops ukf from doing it against okw, which ultimately have even less starting anti garrison tools ?
Maybe is the burden of having relatively bulky units that will hardly survive an early flank from a barely decent player ? That kills your early capping power and can as well make you gift an hmg to the enemy ?

Is honestly hilarious that you had to include that "low skill players" yourself because you actually knew how laughable is to claim some balance change basing the argument on low skill play.
11 Dec 2017, 15:16 PM

Oh please, were those up to date with DBP changes ? cons being available and sov having a proper snare ? Ptrs being better ? Luchs having worse at capabilities ? Kubel nerf ?
Luchs doesn't come any faster than t70 and other light vehicles..

This is nonsense :S

luchs come much more early than t70.
11 Dec 2017, 15:30 PM

No it doesn't
11 Dec 2017, 15:31 PM

Well, luckily this game isn't balanced for low skill players...
And the implication that hmg walls would be a thing is just...too much.
What stops ukf from doing it against okw, which ultimately have even less starting anti garrison tools ?
Maybe is the burden of having relatively bulky units that will hardly survive an early flank from a barely decent player ? That kills your early capping power and can as well make you gift an hmg to the enemy ?

Is honestly hilarious that you had to include that "low skill players" yourself because you actually knew how laughable is to claim some balance change basing the argument on low skill play.

Mobility, OKW has the Kubel to pass through the wall and cap where you want, the UKF HMG isn't also known for its suppressing ability.
If you would have mention the old Maxim spam meta vs OKW, I would have agreed with you. This is what I'm expecting on some degrees with the removal of smoke from RMs.

Currently USF is lacking of a fast capping unit that is immune to suppression and Flamethrower. The mortar isn't going to fill this role, it can provide some help but has too many drawnbacks on the damage dealing department, low range and deal close to 0 damage to garrisoned squads.

I guess the new mechanized doctrine is going to be meta for USF as it provides almost everything USF is lacking at all stages of the game.

-1 early fast capping unit
-2 effective mortar
-3 late game tank upgrades
-4 good offmap artillery

11 Dec 2017, 15:33 PM

And much much earlier than stuart if u want some basic things like granades or ambulance
11 Dec 2017, 15:36 PM

Its time for QA and last minute critical bug fix.
No more change, time to go live !!!!

We are ready to return to the game !!!!
11 Dec 2017, 15:38 PM

And much much earlier than stuart if u want some basic things like granades or ambulance
"basic" if you go luch you will not get free healing so -1 point
11 Dec 2017, 15:48 PM

"basic" if you go luch you will not get free healing so -1 point
as usf your only option for healing is ambulance but if u are okw and u want rush to luch u can use altarnatíve healíng from crateś and they costs muni u know that ?
11 Dec 2017, 16:10 PM

as usf your only option for healing is ambulance but if u are okw and u want rush to luch u can use altarnatíve healíng from crateś and they costs muni u know that ?
i said "free"
11 Dec 2017, 16:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2017, 15:31 PMEsxile

Mobility, OKW has the Kubel to pass through the wall and cap where you want, the UKF HMG isn't also known for its suppressing ability.
If you would have mention the old Maxim spam meta vs OKW, I would have agreed with you. This is what I'm expecting on some degrees with the removal of smoke from RMs.

Currently USF is lacking of a fast capping unit that is immune to suppression and Flamethrower. The mortar isn't going to fill this role, it can provide some help but has too many drawnbacks on the damage dealing department, low range and deal close to 0 damage to garrisoned squads.

I guess the new mechanized doctrine is going to be meta for USF as it provides almost everything USF is lacking at all stages of the game.

-1 early fast capping unit
-2 effective mortar
-3 late game tank upgrades
-4 good offmap artillery

Mech gives
Nah, sorry I won't buy it, kubel would lose half dps rotating and die to the starting IS squad in a scenario in which it can't repair as sturm are stuck by the supposed impenetrable for infantry hmg wall.
But the guy is wasting all mp and pop on excessive units hoping that the guy can't micro a mortar and use grenades, and when you force an hmg to move and chase it ? It has 2/3 fallback hmg to cover ? Otherwise is a huge mass retreat.

Mortars range could use a buff, just to be more consistent in supporting from a safer position.
It would help LT too.

I would completely redesign the faction anyway, so I can't think of more improvements that aren't OP or UP.
I used to like the faction, and i'm currently idling my best rank (380) with it, but i'm starting to get sick of forced build orders.
The whole officer thing is trash, it force you to "spam" infantry, the faction has the most powerful early-mid game as long as you cheese with 50cal sprint into bar blobs and m10.
Is the only faction that can provide all ai it needs with a single unit...I love using elites of all kind, but with usf you can't.

Maybe it has been made purposefully "easy" meaning that is made for newcomers that don't have the concept of unit preservation and combined arms, but for me is an awful faction, i'm sticking to brits that is hopefully getting even more fun in this patch.

Summary:
11 Dec 2017, 16:42 PM

No it doesn't

oh yes it does.

you really dont know what u talk about.
PAGES (85)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L