Login

russian armor

How to efficiently aim stuka zu fuss ?

21 Oct 2017, 12:14 PM

I need help to efficiently use walking stuka.
Everytime I use it I mostly kill only a few models even upon blobs and I can never decrew in one barrage immobile team weapons.

Guides and visuals are appreciated.
Thx.
21 Oct 2017, 15:50 PM

Hey mate!

The way I found that worked best for me is to practice predicting retreat or dodge paths. With blobs this is harder, but usually people will move the entire blob, instead of spreading it out, which gives you a good chance or wiping everything if you correctly judge their dodge or retreat path.

With team weapons, it is ususally a full on retreat once they hear it. The team weapons (mg, mortar) will pack up and run back instantly once they packed up. This means that a horizontal spread isn't the best way to aim. Of course if there is a line of team weapons, this is what you want to do by instict, but it isn't the best option. If you aim horizontally, all the opponent has to do is move all his team weapons back a bit and he will dodge your salvo! Or he retreats and the team weapons pack up and sprint straight back to base, meaning your salvo will miss too. So always prioritize one or two team weapons and anticipate the inevitable backpaddle or retreat.

having said that, always calculate that at least 20% of the barrage falls in front of the units, just in case some smart ass moves his units forward instead of backwards.

When I started doing this, I got more results!
21 Oct 2017, 19:15 PM

Hey mate!

The way I found that worked best for me is to practice predicting retreat or dodge paths. With blobs this is harder, but usually people will move the entire blob, instead of spreading it out, which gives you a good chance or wiping everything if you correctly judge their dodge or retreat path.

With team weapons, it is ususally a full on retreat once they hear it. The team weapons (mg, mortar) will pack up and run back instantly once they packed up. This means that a horizontal spread isn't the best way to aim. Of course if there is a line of team weapons, this is what you want to do by instict, but it isn't the best option. If you aim horizontally, all the opponent has to do is move all his team weapons back a bit and he will dodge your salvo! Or he retreats and the team weapons pack up and sprint straight back to base, meaning your salvo will miss too. So always prioritize one or two team weapons and anticipate the inevitable backpaddle or retreat.

having said that, always calculate that at least 20% of the barrage falls in front of the units, just in case some smart ass moves his units forward instead of backwards.

When I started doing this, I got more results!

Got it, thanks.
Tho i must say, the problem is not necessarily get team weapons, but that even if i get those there is always one/two scattered models that survive and come back to fight before cooldown finish, so i really have issues protecting my schewer or countering indirect fire.

Have you managed to 1 hit wipe a mortar with it or i must backtech to tier 1.
21 Oct 2017, 23:39 PM

This goes for most things in coh, but try overloading his micro, so cause a distraction elsewhere, maybe with a panther, exactly at the time of firing the salvo, and hope he fails to retreat.

Or just when there is a really obvious juicey target, actually fire at something less obvious as he may not reposition that. This works quite well with the Ost stuka bomb too.

Another handy tip, use cloaked (and hold fire) rakketens to sneak upto his lines for line of sight for the stuka.
22 Oct 2017, 01:01 AM

This goes for most things in coh, but try overloading his micro, so cause a distraction elsewhere, maybe with a panther, exactly at the time of firing the salvo, and hope he fails to retreat.

Or just when there is a really obvious juicey target, actually fire at something less obvious as he may not reposition that. This works quite well with the Ost stuka bomb too.

Another handy tip, use cloaked (and hold fire) rakketens to sneak upto his lines for line of sight for the stuka.

Nice tips thx.
22 Oct 2017, 01:49 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Because of the rocket projectile numbers being only 6, with practice you'll be able to tell where in the line they'll fall. Usually 2 per 1/3 of the line. Eventually you'll be able to put single rockets directly onto support teams wiping them if they're not heavily scattered. I suggest the more practice the better. It's pretty obvious point but never hurts :D

For another tip try pointing the fall direction away from his base. Due to rocket travel time and launch time if you do this the rockets will all land closer to each other instead of them landing with a 1-2 second gap between pairs. You'll see different situations require both types of rocket dispersion. You can really nail squads if you can predict the correct retreat path and get the rockets to fall ontop of him as his retreats hopefully hitting all 6. Or drop them in the opposite direction to ensure he at least gets hit.
22 Oct 2017, 09:20 AM

Because of the rocket projectile numbers being only 6, with practice you'll be able to tell where in the line they'll fall. Usually 2 per 1/3 of the line. Eventually you'll be able to put single rockets directly onto support teams wiping them if they're not heavily scattered. I suggest the more practice the better. It's pretty obvious point but never hurts :D

For another tip try pointing the fall direction away from his base. Due to rocket travel time and launch time if you do this the rockets will all land closer to each other instead of them landing with a 1-2 second gap between pairs. You'll see different situations require both types of rocket dispersion. You can really nail squads if you can predict the correct retreat path and get the rockets to fall ontop of him as his retreats hopefully hitting all 6. Or drop them in the opposite direction to ensure he at least gets hit.

Oh so team weapons--->the line start far and end closer to the stuka
Retreating blobs--->normal landing

I'd like to ask you something.
Is stuka, once you master it, a reliable mortar counter ?
Right now I pretty much backtech for isg in any game where there's a mortar.
It LOOKS to me like an rng machine, but maybe it's me using it not well and that's the case i'll bother using it.

Also, does it work for 6 men crews too ?
22 Oct 2017, 16:32 PM

you should only target support weapons with it most of the time. u cant miss them
22 Oct 2017, 19:41 PM

Oh so team weapons--->the line start far and end closer to the stuka
Retreating blobs--->normal landing

I'd like to ask you something.
Is stuka, once you master it, a reliable mortar counter ?
Right now I pretty much backtech for isg in any game where there's a mortar.
It LOOKS to me like an rng machine, but maybe it's me using it not well and that's the case i'll bother using it.

Also, does it work for 6 men crews too ?

Do not designate the reverse barrage (as I will now refer to that) to only team weapons and standard barrages to blobs retreating. Use them as you see fit. If a team weapon is retreating and you want to try to hit all 6 rockets as he retreats go for it. The reverse barrage just makes the rockets land in faster succession, meaning you're almost guaranteed to miss some rockets if there's only 1 squad, but probably going to hit that 1 squad at least.

It's a pretty decent mortar counter. It has almost no scatter at all even in fog which is what makes it so good. Plus the predictable points where the rockets will fall.

If you're playing 1v1s I'd avoid using stuka unless you really need it and have some form of defense for it against mediums. 2v2s+ you can rely on your allies mediums/defenses etc to defend your stuka so I'd almost always grab at least 1.

Yes it can work against 6 men crews, just has a lower chance of wiping since it needs to kill more men usually.
24 Oct 2017, 07:37 AM

Do not designate the reverse barrage (as I will now refer to that) to only team weapons and standard barrages to blobs retreating. Use them as you see fit. If a team weapon is retreating and you want to try to hit all 6 rockets as he retreats go for it. The reverse barrage just makes the rockets land in faster succession, meaning you're almost guaranteed to miss some rockets if there's only 1 squad, but probably going to hit that 1 squad at least.

It's a pretty decent mortar counter. It has almost no scatter at all even in fog which is what makes it so good. Plus the predictable points where the rockets will fall.

If you're playing 1v1s I'd avoid using stuka unless you really need it and have some form of defense for it against mediums. 2v2s+ you can rely on your allies mediums/defenses etc to defend your stuka so I'd almost always grab at least 1.

Yes it can work against 6 men crews, just has a lower chance of wiping since it needs to kill more men usually.

Thanks for your suggestions, only one more thing,should I use the first rocket to hit, since it seems tosuffer less scatter, or I should rather try to hit with mid rockets to rely on scatter and try to kill crews with 2 rockets falling near (rng) ?
24 Oct 2017, 15:12 PM

Thanks for your suggestions, only one more thing,should I use the first rocket to hit, since it seems tosuffer less scatter, or I should rather try to hit with mid rockets to rely on scatter and try to kill crews with 2 rockets falling near (rng) ?

I'd say this one depends on your opponet. After a few salvos you should try and gauge your opponet on what types of reactions you get from him. If he always immediatly retreats, I'd use the first rocket and try and place the rest along his retreat path. If he soft dodges in an opposing direction then middle rockets would be best since you have rockets on 2 sides instead of 1.
23 Jan 2018, 19:38 PM

I need help to efficiently use walking stuka.
Everytime I use it I mostly kill only a few models even upon blobs and I can never decrew in one barrage immobile team weapons.

Guides and visuals are appreciated.
Thx.

Hey
As im sure you know how to use it on fixed units , on mobilize units all you need is predict which wont achieve without practice and practice practice ..... ^^
if you are keen on multi games keep in mind to have infrared for scaning . Also you can try some tricky methods for one thing is build 2stukas ,first stuka roar could retreat units , afterwards aim as cheesy as you can with second stuka on their path !
Remember to keep it alive ! vet stuka is a nightmare .
GL
23 Jan 2018, 21:11 PM

Everytime I use it I mostly kill only a few models even upon blobs

Usually it's 3? :guyokay:
I know it's easier to say than to do, but the best thing you can do is first suppress a blob and then fire into it :guyokay: And towards the cover / building / shot blocker: more dmg just like with nades if a rocket falls just near it. Said artillery noob :foreveralone:
23 Jan 2018, 21:32 PM

Checkout Tightropes Tips and Tricks videos on Youtube... I know in one he specifically showed how to aim the Stuka well. If I recall correctly it's something like the third arrow on the aiming strip is where the first rocket always lands or something to that effect.
26 Mar 2018, 02:24 AM

GO spec ops and use the flares to target the enemy's line.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 33
Mexico 20
unknown 10
Germany 728
New Zealand 14
United States 3
Peru 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias