Login

russian armor

Has someone ever efficiently used spec ops radio silence ?

13 Oct 2017, 08:46 AM

Question.
I don't get any kind of feedback from using it and people never ever use it.
What is ut supposed to do exactly ?
13 Oct 2017, 08:58 AM

use it during fight to flank your opponent with troops he will not see in the mini map.
13 Oct 2017, 09:55 AM

To achieve what ? What is supposed to happen. The enemy won't micro troops ?
13 Oct 2017, 09:57 AM

Enemy won't be able to see your troops in tacmap and in minimap. May confuse many top tier players like Luvnest who use tacmap as their tool to success.

Against another top tier players it's useless. For example DevM never uses tacmap
13 Oct 2017, 10:00 AM

13 Oct 2017, 10:05 AM

So 35 muni wasted ?

No, you get nice placebo effect and a genuine voiceline - something that isnt present in latest commanders (ability is ready, ability is ready, unit is deployed, ability is ready ...)
13 Oct 2017, 10:12 AM
13 Oct 2017, 10:32 AM

When multiple engagements are happening, removing the minimap info may mean the difference between dodging a grenade and losing a squad. I think the problem with the ability is not its usefulness, but rather that you don't get immediate feedback about how useful/useless it was in any given case, meaning that it's hard to learn to use it well and most players completely forget about it.

It is, however, widely used in the alternative universe where CoH is a serious competitive game with hundreds of really good players.
13 Oct 2017, 10:38 AM

When multiple engagements are happening, removing the minimap info may mean the difference between dodging a grenade and losing a squad. I think the problem with the ability is not its usefulness, but rather that you don't get immediate feedback about how useful/useless it was in any given case, meaning that it's hard to learn to use it well and most players completely forget about it.

It is, however, widely used in the alternative universe where CoH is a serious competitive game with hundreds of really good players.

So should be actually used during an engagement BEFORE starting a secondary engagement where i am supposed to use infiltration nade or bundled without the enemy being aware of it ?

Any possible application other than this ?
13 Oct 2017, 11:09 AM

Steal USF vehicles that are being repaired.
13 Oct 2017, 11:42 AM

Ahahah true that i need to try it
13 Oct 2017, 12:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2017, 11:09 AMVipper
Steal USF vehicles that are being repaired.

Shame that this doctrine doesn´t have JLI. Would made a really nice combo :D
13 Oct 2017, 12:52 PM

If I'm not mistaken I think it also disables the other player's unit's voice lines as well right? For example, "Grenade!" Warning prompts and what not. As someone who relies on those a lot more than Tac Map I can say it'd be somewhat worthwhile if that's the case.
13 Oct 2017, 13:09 PM

If I'm not mistaken I think it also disables the other player's unit's voice lines as well right? For example, "Grenade!" Warning prompts and what not. As someone who relies on those a lot more than Tac Map I can say it'd be somewhat worthwhile if that's the case.

Can anyone confirm this ? it can pretty much change everything
13 Oct 2017, 14:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I recall watching a replay cast (pretty sure it was Dane's Propagandacast, although I can't find the cast anymore) on La Glieze Breakout where the OKW player constantly spammed Radio Silence and it confused the heck out of his opponent.
The guy even thought that he was on the receiving end of a bug because his minimap wasn't working half the match.

I've also seen Talisman pop Radio Silence (conservatively) is when he is pulling back a heavily damaged vehicle. Without the minimap, it is much harder to look for and dive the vehicle.
14 Oct 2017, 11:04 AM

It also can shut down SU spy radio if I remember correctly .
14 Oct 2017, 19:38 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

In that alternate universe where coh has hundreds of really good players, there would be hundreds of really good players who could micro their units and tell where the enemy units are without them showing up on the minimap :P
Also, as far as im aware (not a tac map user), people who use the tac map retreat their units when they see that a squad is getting low. Radio silence doesnt really remove that information anyway, so I'm not sure that it would help too much with wipes.
15 Oct 2017, 10:55 AM

It can be more useful than you think, most players have an eye on the mini map in bottom left, when you see a large red block (representing your panther) moving into your side of map, you instantly move to intercept it or move things to safety.

Using this ability you can use a panther to dive after Katushkas, Preists, Ambulances, whatever... place the tank on hold fire and activate ability, he wont know whats hit him until his vulnerable units are destoryed. Just approach where he wont be looking and dont let the tank fire (will alert him units under fire..)
15 Oct 2017, 18:49 PM

It can be more useful than you think, most players have an eye on the mini map in bottom left, when you see a large red block (representing your panther) moving into your side of map, you instantly move to intercept it or move things to safety.

Using this ability you can use a panther to dive after Katushkas, Preists, Ambulances, whatever... place the tank on hold fire and activate ability, he wont know whats hit him until his vulnerable units are destoryed. Just approach where he wont be looking and dont let the tank fire (will alert him units under fire..)

Panther will miss :foreveralone:
22 Oct 2017, 20:34 PM
Patrion 27

Here is Radio Silence being used efficiently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6YIdpSLgOY
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 42
unknown 36
Germany 10
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L