Login

russian armor

Relic attitude to Company of Heroes 2

29 Sep 2017, 22:03 PM

I'm really trying to understand Relic decisions.
Company of heroes have been the larger game community that they have, and even after the release of Dawn of War 3 still have the larger player base.
Why they act like they are not even caring about the game?
30 Sep 2017, 01:45 AM

It's more than that. CoH2 is their bestselling game ever. I'm curious how much they're being paid to ignore it and focus on AoE4.
30 Sep 2017, 02:55 AM

All they care about is reviews.
30 Sep 2017, 12:11 PM

It's more than that. CoH2 is their bestselling game ever. I'm curious how much they're being paid to ignore it and focus on AoE4.

+1
30 Sep 2017, 12:31 PM

This is even worse, because Relic wont have any credibility towards AoE4 If It is known that they just abandones their best game
30 Sep 2017, 17:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2017, 12:31 PMBizrock
This is even worse, because Relic wont have any credibility towards AoE4 If It is known that they just abandones their best game

When you are going to publish a game exclusive for win10 and win store (no steam, no win7) then you don't even need to have a bad renomé to f*ck your game ;)
30 Sep 2017, 17:56 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

When you are going to publish a game exclusive for win10 and win store (no steam, no win7) then you don't even need to have a bad renomé to f*ck your game ;)

As i've been corrected a few days ago, W10 is the only confirmed thing.
30 Sep 2017, 17:58 PM

As i've been corrected a few days ago, W10 is the only confirmed thing.

Maybe they've got wise after aoe definitive edition debacle :D
30 Sep 2017, 18:05 PM
Donator 11

Honestly though microsoft needs things like games to make people into buying their new system so its very unlikely that they will allow other platforms. If the game is good enough, many people will buy w10 just for that game. Even the fact that they create their own gaming platform and say that games are going to be w10 exclusive already increases number of w10 users among gamers as w7 and w8 are already considered outdated becouse of that. That is also why microsoft always adds new DirectX to newest system and leaves old ones without it.
30 Sep 2017, 18:55 PM

The thing which still baffles me the most:
In my opinion CoH2 is the only game of the last few years which i would call remotely next-gen.

The units behave so naturally, the level of detail is astounding. yesterday i crushed a table in front of a house with a t70 and the table fell in an authentic manner. the sounds of a damaged engine tank... just zoom in and enjoy.

i mean. litereally every match is a war movie if you zoom in and tilt the camera. which game in the world does offer that?

i find it sad
- how relic treats their game
- how few people recognize the beauty of this game
- how the press constantly overlooks this game and
-how MOBAs are preventing advances in RTS gameplay and graphics (dow3)
30 Sep 2017, 19:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2017, 02:55 AMvarunax
All they care about is reviews.

If they did they would care more about the game itself, I think it's SEGA and $, Relic just sold it's soul to it after THQ's departure.
30 Sep 2017, 20:19 PM

In my opinion CoH2 is the only game of the last few years which i would call remotely next-gen.

The units behave so naturally, the level of detail is astounding. yesterday i crushed a table in front of a house with a t70 and the table fell in an authentic manner. the sounds of a damaged engine tank... just zoom in and enjoy.

i mean. litereally every match is a war movie if you zoom in and tilt the camera. which game in the world does offer that?

i find it sad

+1

There's really nothing like this game right now, which is funny considering it came out some four years ago.
30 Sep 2017, 21:35 PM

You got new skins. What else do you want, ungrateful maggots?!!
1 Oct 2017, 08:55 AM

i find it sad

You are goddamn right
Few people recognize the greatness of this game and the possible potential.
1 Oct 2017, 09:25 AM
Donator 11

I think relic devs recognize the greatness of their game. The problem is though that when sales decrease to the point where further support is not profitable, manegers tell devs to stop throwing away the money.
1 Oct 2017, 16:40 PM

i find it sad

+1
try and zoom in at a church window and see the amount of detail they put in.
Game is absolutely awesome .

But they milked coh2 to the last drop imo , they can no longer make big money out of it so they kinda dropped support for it .
1 Oct 2017, 18:35 PM

They could, they could drop a afrika korp panzer elite like faction as opposite of ukf, desert/oasis/african villages/city map and make tons of money out of it.

They just decided to milk it in the ez way with commanders.
Cancers like MOBA and low quality wannabe MOBA rts seems to be the future so EVEN IF, this game could pay off with a proper expansion, why bother ?

But relic/SEGA could make BILLIONS if it actually focused on the realistic/competitive aspects of coh franchise, with their proper mechanics.

What i know is that if coh 3 fails they will start producing facebook games in a garage.
Maybe they will nail the balance right in AGE OF WAR 3 then
1 Oct 2017, 19:42 PM

Relic has been a publisher puppet ever since OF development and release. They want money and quite frankly, a new AoE will milk more money for them than CoH2 will from now on. The fact that M$ wants to release it on Windows 10 only and Windows Store only means that Relic will get some risk money as well, since the Microsoft store is flawed and even M$ knows it.

There you go.
1 Oct 2017, 19:52 PM

Relic has been a publisher puppet ever since OF development and release. They want money and quite frankly, a new AoE will milk more money for them than CoH2 will from now on. The fact that M$ wants to release it on Windows 10 only and Windows Store only means that Relic will get some risk money as well, since the Microsoft store is flawed and even M$ knows it.

There you go.

You have just highlighted why a coh 2 expansion is just a safer and better move.
Aoe 4 will, i say IT WILL be a huge flop because:

1) AoE fans knows how flawed is lelic
2) Those that diesn't know what AoE is are the MOBA addicted kids that DOW 3 tries to attract, they won't bother looking at the trailer in youtube.
3) Win store is a huge joke, not even Halo fucking Wars managed to ignore steam.
2 Oct 2017, 06:25 AM

There you go.

Could you show us from where does come from this fact.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★