Login

russian armor

Axis Lethality in relation to call-in tanks in team games

Vaz
28 Sep 2017, 23:56 PM

I've noticed that Axis players get their commander abilities quite rapidly in team games. It really struck hard when my first scott was met pretty quickly with a Jagdtiger in a particulary difficult game for me, lol. I think we can all agree that axis units as a result of accuracy are about to put out a more stable dps at the model level. In team games (not 1v1) this starts to magnify a lot and the axis troops will get their vet faster typically. This also means their command points are going up faster too. I haven't looked at how the experience values compare, but I'm hoping allied troops aren't worth the same value as axis troops. I don't think this is much of an issue at all in 1v1, but in bigger and bigger team games, it makes a pretty big impact with heavy tanks coming faster and faster the bigger the game is. It's also stronger with OKW than it is Ost.
29 Sep 2017, 00:07 AM

OKW is silly anywhere but in 1vs1, specially double OKW, nothing new here... Teamgames are the Axis playground, Brits came to fix it but now, I don't know if that holds up if you have one OKW for each Brit.
29 Sep 2017, 02:52 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

So to sum up the OP. Axis has higher accuracy models therefore vet faster and deal more stable DPS? If you want to compare grens and volks to conscripts sure that's true. I don't think there is any major gap between axis units accuracy and allied that isn't offset by model count or RoF. Higher RoF is more valuable at closer ranges than accuracy, since accuracy generally goes up the close you move to a target.

Also if you're getting a scott the same time your opponet has a JT something went wrong.
29 Sep 2017, 10:20 AM

Every time you build a building you earn 1/4 command point. Since USF doesn't build anything and don't get command points for researching T1 or T2, you'll always be late on command point race as USF.
29 Sep 2017, 11:11 AM

Things are not how OP describe them.

Since Ostheer infantry have less models they have more value per model so causing the same damage to grenadier model give more XP/CP then damaging a Conscript model.

For instance in the faction showdown Soviet where ahead in CP in most of the time in all 3 games.

In the USF vs OKW the OKW where ahead the difference was about 1 CP in the end of the game.

29 Sep 2017, 11:18 AM

So to sum up the OP. Axis has higher accuracy models therefore vet faster and deal more stable DPS? If you want to compare grens and volks to conscripts sure that's true. I don't think there is any major gap between axis units accuracy and allied that isn't offset by model count or RoF. Higher RoF is more valuable at closer ranges than accuracy, since accuracy generally goes up the close you move to a target.

Also if you're getting a scott the same time your opponet has a JT something went wrong.

This.

You know if OP did more than barely touch axis people would take this thread more seriously.
29 Sep 2017, 11:21 AM

Wait what, the OKW player got a Jagdtiger out while you just got a Scott out?

That's either impossible or you fed him and let him take his sweet time and fuel killing your units.
29 Sep 2017, 18:45 PM

You guys have it wrong.
Okw does get extra cps, but you only get them when you construct a tech building.
29 Sep 2017, 19:04 PM

You guys have it wrong.
Okw does get extra cps, but you only get them when you construct a tech building.

Every faction gets cps for constructing buildings lol.
29 Sep 2017, 19:27 PM

Every faction gets cps for constructing buildings lol.

Try usf and ukf.
29 Sep 2017, 19:43 PM

OP says Scott was fielded at the same time as a JT. And no one demands a replay... my god.
29 Sep 2017, 20:19 PM

I've noticed this game isn't going to be re-balanced any soon so why bother :huh: ?
29 Sep 2017, 21:25 PM

Try usf and ukf.

Usf SURELY get CP points, ot it is a coincidebce that i always hear cp sound when i tech with them ?
Vaz
30 Sep 2017, 05:09 AM

Scott was not my first unit and I figured some might demand the replay of that frustrating game, so I did actually save it if someone wants to watch me get pounded, but I don't think it's all that important. It's not that I rushed a scott and got met with a JT. I built a Jackson, then a scott. Did things go wrong? Yea, clearly.

I want you all to keep in mind this about team games, you cannot get through a team game without feeding OKW. Ignore them on important parts and when you return with a good force, you'll be met by the gun truck nullifying entire infantry force (which is all you'll have without contesting the important sector). Get the 1 volks squad vs 1 Rifle squad out your head.

This simple scenario doesn't happen very often and is not the subject of this thread. Think more like 4 volks vs 4 rifles. Close range is not an option to win most of the time, you can lose an entire squad closing in and then there will be a huge area denial with cheap flame grenades. It doesn't work well. The volks or whatever mix of infantry are going to win with even squad numbers. There is always mixed vet. This has been a feature of OKW since it's inception, to have superior troops, but unlike ost they have higher numbers. Even a cover advantage doesn't give much here, since the allied troops are missing vast quantities of shots, the axis troops can advance and allied infantry in cover and throw grenades on the cover, of course flame grenades throw the cover advantage out the window for the rest of the fight and it becomes a light cover or open ground battle pretty fast. In the USF vs OKW matchup, there is no allied numbers advantage, it comes down to who has better stats man for man and who gets lucky enough on the draws (this where accuracy helps and ROF is not a concern due to numbers, this should be very provable with a math formula that will show the USF troops losing 100% on equal cover).

I'm pointing out what I think is a problem, but I am not proposing a solution, as I have not done the proper research into the stats for experience. However, I do think that some of the sky high values for OKW infantry in particular are too high and extremely bad for team games. It's way too forgiving how it is right now for OKW in large matches.
1 Oct 2017, 09:06 AM

Try usf and ukf.

USF gets cps for unlocking a tier after researching the tier required unit. Brits get it through researching the tier, which gets build whilst doing the researching.

Play the game.
1 Oct 2017, 16:34 PM

maybe his teammates were ostheer and dropped him fuel , and you and your teammates fed him enough XP to get the JT fast , still a JT in the same time as scott seems unreasonable for me .
Vaz
2 Oct 2017, 04:51 AM

Oh he got fed very well. It was on stalingrad, they parked the truck near the fuel and 2 of them constantly attacked the fuel sector. 1 of my ally was decent, the other not so much. There was some delay in my tech, but man I was surprised to see that JT so fast. I'm not surprised he had enough fuel, I'm just surprised he had killed enough riflemen to get all way there. That's just 1 game though. I felt this discussion was relevant to the goals presented in the dormant fbp that was supposed to look at the heavy tank destroyers impact on team games. I actually destroyed the JT, he didn't use it well, but even then I really couldn't gain ground because of powerful okw is in team games and the skill level of my team as a whole that game. If they were weakened I don't think it would be such a big deal that they could arrive kind of fast in ideal conditions.
2 Oct 2017, 15:37 PM

USF gets cps for unlocking a tier after researching the tier required unit. Brits get it through researching the tier, which gets build whilst doing the researching.

Play the game.

The only EXP you get for teching is for constructing buildings, this is the same for every faction.

USF and UKF don't build anything for their tech, so they don't get any EXP.

Play the game.
2 Oct 2017, 15:54 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2017, 15:37 PMCruzz

The only EXP you get for teching is for constructing buildings, this is the same for every faction.

Play the game.

5 Oct 2017, 08:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2017, 15:37 PMCruzz

Play the game.

Oh wow sorry for making a mistake mr know it all! Pfew!!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 26
Germany 1
Germany 708
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %