38%
34%
10%
3%
14%
Total votes: 29
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
24 Sep 2017, 13:46 PM

I find Sturmoffizier + multiple Panzerfuseliers a very real issue to deal with in teamgames.

- Their G43 upgrade might be reasonably expensive, but provides absurdely high firepower when the fussies are vetted, that can rival Obersoldaten.

- It doesn't exactly help that the Sturmoffizier aura provides powerfull boosts to further amplify that power.

- The insane, absolutely ridiculously low reinforcement cost for fussies makes losses and wipes way less punishing compared to obers or falls.

In short, you can't effectivelly engage fuseliers with infantry and you are dependant on heavier armor to properly give them a beating. This often comes too little, too late to make a difference.

Does anyone share my concerns? How should we handle this?

(My primary points/concerns are underlined.)

Nutshell Quote from LoopDloop:

''It's kind of hard to not blob them in their current state seeing as how cheap they are and how much punishment they can take and give comparatively (for cost).''
24 Sep 2017, 13:48 PM

yet just look at their popcap LUL
24 Sep 2017, 13:49 PM

yet just look at their popcap LUL

That too. I actually forget their popcap of 6. That certainly needs to go to 8 IMO.
24 Sep 2017, 13:52 PM

the main issue is the current volks
24 Sep 2017, 14:07 PM

For 6 popcap they are OpieOP

24 Sep 2017, 14:38 PM

the main issue is the current volks

Lol what ?
Really saying panzerfus is ok and volks are OP :loco: ???
24 Sep 2017, 14:40 PM

FBP was changing it, so we can consider it an already known issue at the top kf modders priority list...not sure what's the point of the thread...
24 Sep 2017, 16:06 PM

Lol what ?

volks are a problem aswel but fuzies really stand out
24 Sep 2017, 16:20 PM

FBP was changing it, so we can consider it an already known issue at the top kf modders priority list...not sure what's the point of the thread...

I don't think it was adressed unless i missed something.
24 Sep 2017, 16:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2017, 16:20 PMA table

I don't think it was adressed unless i missed something.

Plus FBP is put on an indefinite hold so...
24 Sep 2017, 16:26 PM

PFs are hilarious when used in a blob, hard to wipe and will erase anything that isn't a heavy tank that it's in their way, I remember when I thought OKW was about specialized units due to representing late war Germany that was short on Manpower.
24 Sep 2017, 16:44 PM

Lol what ?

I havent seem Fuzzies being used alot at all so i cant really relate from my pov.

However i havent denied anything.
Vaz
24 Sep 2017, 16:46 PM

Trying to retreat from them hardly ever happens. They will kill retreaters with up to 75% squad health, unlike most other infantry axis or allied. A pop cap increase needs to happen, as well as reinforcement increase, and possibly experience value.
24 Sep 2017, 16:51 PM

Panzerfus are too cheap and hell give those 9 popcap already.
Volks are ok.
Sturm offizer should go to another doctrine, maybe overwatch or something so panzerfus don't get bonus.
24 Sep 2017, 17:14 PM

PFs are hilarious when used in a blob, hard to wipe and will erase anything that isn't a heavy tank that it's in their way, I remember when I thought OKW was about specialized units due to representing late war Germany that was short on Manpower.

1944 Germany didn't lack manpower, lacked aluminium for planes and fuel and tungsten for tanks.
24 Sep 2017, 17:15 PM

Aren't five levels of vet awesome?
24 Sep 2017, 18:13 PM

I'm not even sure what pfusies are supposed to be anymore. They have great damage, a 6 man squad, an absurd reinforce cost, and for 6 pop. They also have a (awful) grenade and riflemen-level snares and flares(?) IIRC. I don't get why people who play okw don't use this doctrine literally every teamgame, as it offers other variously powerful things for teamgames too.

Lol what ?

I would agree that volks are a bigger problem actually because they are nondoctrinally mainline infantry, which makes them overperforming hurt a lot more. Doesn't mean pfusies are even close to ok though.

1944 Germany didn't lack manpower, lacked aluminium for planes and fuel and tungsten for tanks.

They put non-Germans in the waffen SS and little boys and old men were conscripted and girls were taught how to use rifles and grenades (I think this last one might have been a little later though). So I would say they were a little low on manpower towards the end of the war.
24 Sep 2017, 18:27 PM

I'm not even sure what pfusies are supposed to be anymore. They have great damage, a 6 man squad, an absurd reinforce cost, and for 6 pop. They also have a (awful) grenade and riflemen-level snares and flares(?) IIRC. I don't get why people who play okw don't use this doctrine literally every teamgame, as it offers other variously powerful things for teamgames too.

I would agree that volks are a bigger problem actually because they are nondoctrinally mainline infantry, which makes them overperforming hurt a lot more. Doesn't mean pfusies are even close to ok though.

They put non-Germans in the waffen SS and little boys and old men were conscripted and girls were taught how to use rifles and grenades (I think this last one might have been a little later though). So I would say they were a little low on manpower towards the end of the war.

Hell at the end of the war Germans were fighting Germans.
24 Sep 2017, 18:31 PM

Hell at the end of the war Germans were fighting Germans.

I've heard about that battle. Crazy stuff.
24 Sep 2017, 18:47 PM

They aren't overperforming at all, they lose to rifleman unless those get outplayed and drop lile flies at vet 5 with 0.81 RA.
The dps difference and RA difference for only 3 mp per model is balanced.

Except that waffen SS started to accept non german to replenish market garden and battle of the bulge losses.
Old man troops, calles volkssturm, didn't paretecipate into ardennes offensive or battle of the bulge, which instead relied on reformed grenadiers regiments.
This explains why without us air support the early phases of ardennes offensives were successful.

You guys are confusing 1945 germany i guess.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★