Login

russian armor

P-47 Rocket Strike vs Stuka Close Air Support [VIDEO Proof]

22 Sep 2017, 16:55 PM

https://youtu.be/L89QA15eJzo

Do I really need to comment something?

Stuka close air support has more damage, more area of effect, critical engine and stuns for 200 ammo
P47 have, well, democracy? And for 240 ammo.

BTW sorry for poor video.

Edit: Lets forget the fact that OKW kills p47 in 4 seconds.

Edit 2: Same test but now both abilities against the same medium tanks. https://youtu.be/4bZC2qTjRis
22 Sep 2017, 18:13 PM

This has been brought up like a million times. It'll never be fixed, just don't bother using the ability. We all know it sucks.
22 Sep 2017, 18:44 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

That's best case scenario when used against heavies. Compare performance against static medium tanks.

If you want to further make the test easier and clearer, make the enemy tank get immobilise crit and get full map vision so you don't need extra units for the test.
22 Sep 2017, 19:29 PM

That's best case scenario when used against heavies. Compare performance against static medium tanks.

If you want to further make the test easier and clearer, make the enemy tank get immobilise crit and get full map vision so you don't need extra units for the test.

If the stuka's 37mm is better against heavy tanks than p-47 rockets, then it will be better in every other possible scenario when Stuka can damage engine and stun, so it's better against any other unit faster or lighter than a heavy tank.

BUUUUUUT I tested, 4 pz4 against p47 vs 4 sherman easy 8 against stuka. 1 pz4 died, all shermans died in the circle.

You can test yourself too. I am tired of proofing that p47 is garbage as Hell. Like very deep hell.
22 Sep 2017, 20:01 PM

You should consider the following before making conclusions.

Do both require sight?

Which commanders come with Stuka close air support and how is the rest of their kit compared to paratroopers and etc
22 Sep 2017, 20:50 PM

You should consider the following before making conclusions.

Do both require sight?

Which commanders come with Stuka close air support and how is the rest of their kit compared to paratroopers and etc

Yes, both need sight.

Do I really need to discuss this? Didn't you just see for yourself that stuka is way better and cheaper than p47???
And the fact that any ally doenst start with AA while OKW have AA everywhere.
But if you want to discuss, btw I am not bias to something, I just see a huge imbalance between these abilities.
Airborne company is very good in theory, you should had the solution of the USF problems, that is the late game.
Paratroopers are very good and scale very but comes at 3 CP which is very bad , pathfinder can be good, but are very situational. Support weapons is OK. All abilities are vs infantry, and AT droop for a emergency, than it ends with the heavy tank killers, the P47 rockets Kappa.

OK now ostheer lightning war. G43 at 1 CP, stuka and tiger. Dont need to say more.

Edit: I forgot to mention that USf is ammo hungry and still p47 is more expensive that stuka.
22 Sep 2017, 21:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2017, 20:50 PMBizrock

Edit: I forgot to mention that USf is ammo hungry and still p47 is more expensive that stuka.

Ostheer are more munition hungry than USF. Grenadier without weapon upgrades is one of the worse mainline infantry while PZIV and Panther without pintals are bad vs infantry...
22 Sep 2017, 22:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2017, 21:16 PMVipper

Ostheer are more munition hungry than USF. Grenadier without weapon upgrades is one of the worse mainline infantry while PZIV and Panther without pintals are bad vs infantry...

So that makes P47 rockets balanced now?
22 Sep 2017, 22:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2017, 22:08 PMBizrock

So that makes P47 rockets balanced now?

I made no such claim, I simply pointed out Ostheer is one of the most munition hungry faction, imo much more than USF.

Imo loitering planes generally need an overhaul. Planes should have HP and not die from critical and they should also be worth calling but not without counters.

An idea for that would be to harder to shoot down, have a small sight radius so that fire but suffer "suppression style" affect when fired upon.
22 Sep 2017, 22:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2017, 22:21 PMVipper

I made no such claim, I simply pointed out Ostheer is one of the most munition hungry faction, imo much more than USF.

Imo loitering planes generally need an overhaul. Planes should have HP and not die from critical and they should also be worth calling but not without counters.

An idea for that would be to harder to shoot down, have a small sight radius so that fire but suffer "suppression style" affect when fired upon.

Just a price reduction would be great. Like 180. Is that hard to do?
Or even better, have the same chance to crit engine and stun like Stuka.
22 Sep 2017, 23:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2017, 22:37 PMBizrock

Just a price reduction would be great. Like 180. Is that hard to do?
Or even better, have the same chance to crit engine and stun like Stuka.

This logic that the grass is greener on the other side and each faction should have the good stuff the other faction have is actually what is wrong with balance now days.
Factions are designed to have strong points and weak points.

"USF do not have good support weapons (as they where designed to be) so lets give them a mortar, Ap round for MG from vet 0, a 60 munitions off map, lets buff the pakhowi (WBP)"...and without nerfing their strong point their mainline infantry.

"OKW do not have a small arm weapons for their mainline infantry lets give them ST44"...and keep their 5 vet system

"Soviet do not have an stock elite infantry let make Penals Op"...and keep their call in system.

I have played the game when P47 where very strong and trust me it was ugly.

As I explained before loitering planes need an overhaul because their mechanism is simply flawed.
23 Sep 2017, 00:11 AM

But P47 is (was) some of the uniques tools that USF have to stay in the late game.
You are right, USF should be weak with Tanks but at least powerful with air superiority and indirect fire. (Indirect fire is not bad)
Ostheers have a lot of good units in the late game and still have a better and cheaper Air support. This is not balance.
Stuka close air support comes with Tiger, cmon.
23 Sep 2017, 01:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2017, 00:11 AMBizrock
Stuka close air support comes with Tiger, cmon.

That is an error in commander abilities. "Stuka close air support" is available in other commander and they are far less problematic. The combination of g43/tiger/Stuka is simply OP.

But there are other commander with abilities that should not be available to them like stuka dive bomber and Elephant, T34/85/ISU-152 and mark target, Calliope and Recon plane (generally most abilities in the commander).

Think of it another way. What would happen if someone swamped p47 and stukas? The other Ostheer commander would become obsolete and Airborne would become OP.

Once more loitering planes need an overhaul...and some commander need to be redesigned.
Vaz
23 Sep 2017, 01:41 AM

Even without comparing the p47 to the stuka, it's insanely strong and cheap. Even moving it does a massive damage on medium tanks, which for most USF is what they will have. Without moving, it completely destroys in no more than 2 passes and doesn't miss like the p47 rockets do. Even for 240 it's too strong! When USF had potent p47, people complained until it's now at this stage where it is more of an annoyance than a real threat. Stuka is a real threat.
23 Sep 2017, 03:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2017, 21:16 PMVipper

How is it that ostheer uses more munitions than usf?

Unless usf goes a doctrine without mines, usf uses the most munitions.
23 Sep 2017, 05:31 AM

How is it that ostheer uses more munitions than usf?

Unless usf goes a doctrine without mines, usf uses the most munitions.

I agree about USF flush a lot of munitions is a bad play.
But how Osteer fend off against allies Light Vehicle rush without spend most munitions for Teller mines (and optional for shreck and save for some faust).

Pak is not mobile, cannot response after light vehicles whole maps.
222 is fine agains light vehicles but meh against light tanks unless bring more support to take down light tanks.
23 Sep 2017, 05:32 AM

Delete. Double post for no reason. sry
23 Sep 2017, 06:10 AM

This should be in the bug report section tho..
23 Sep 2017, 19:27 PM

Jesus Christ, this site was always full of wheraboos, but this vipper dude sure is trying his best to win the prize...

And yeah, everyone knows that allied air support sucks. Why? Because the nazi fangirls cried 24/7 about it and relic had to nerf it to the ground.

meanwhile you can win games with lighting war against USF by using nothing but tiger + stuka
23 Sep 2017, 19:47 PM

People saying that Stuka is op are forgetting one critical thing, you have to play trash tier OST to access it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★