Login

russian armor

Please refuse to buy the skins

21 Sep 2017, 17:35 PM

As the topic suggests, please would everyone boycott the skins until Relic releases the patch. I think it is a slap in the face to us fans when they said the patch is put on hold and then they release a skins patch which, by the way is 508mb so we then can buy this garbage? So the patch was put on hold for them to make more money with the skins? Why should we buy skins for units in a game where it is unbalance and barely playable? Why the hell should we support them when they don't support us? I would hope most of you would do the same to make a point not eat the BS Relic has been feeding to us.
21 Sep 2017, 17:43 PM

I wonder who is going to pay 15€ for a bunch of skins anyway :)
21 Sep 2017, 17:52 PM

I don't think they're profiting off the charity.

I'm also willing to bet this is a PR deal from SEGA or otherwise top Relic brass that is entirely removed from game development.

Executives tend to operate in this world and create these types of events. I don't think this has actually impacted or drew efforts away from coh2's already voided support.
21 Sep 2017, 18:20 PM

I pay enough in taxes, so charity isn't my cup of tea.

More importantly, it is a slap in the face relic releases a patch on skins over a comment on why the balance patch is delayed, or even their intentions. Than again that's relic, terrible PR.

The only respect I have is for Rita, just cuz she used her own time to benefit charity.
21 Sep 2017, 18:56 PM
Donator 22

I guess most WWII fans have "savings whales" really high on their priority list.
I still hope that this is some kind of joke.

I they really wanted to do some charity stuff for this community they should support sth like "we rebuid a Tiger and drive from Vancouver to Mexico" or some other utterly stipid stuff with tanks.
I would support that :P
21 Sep 2017, 19:43 PM
Donator 11

I guess most WWII fans have "savings whales" really high on their priority list.
I still hope that this is some kind of joke.

I they really wanted to do some charity stuff for this community they should support sth like "we rebuid a Tiger and drive from Vancouver to Mexico" or some other utterly stipid stuff with tanks.
I would support that :P

I think some vereran support charity would be a good choice that players would support.

@OP yes, these skins are not interesting and they are being released at a bad time. But advocating for boycott is a bad choice. Here on .org, many members crusaded for 3 years to get relic into making money off skins instead of P2W commanders that were breaking the game all the time. I hope that mixed signals like that won't couse a return of P2W.
21 Sep 2017, 19:49 PM

I bought the Whales skins because I feel bad for RitaRush putting work into them just to get this reaction. True, I would have loved to see the Fall Balance Preview revived and buying these skins won't change anything. Still, I can't fault anyone for trying to do something good in the world.

That and I love the colour blue. lol. Should be interesting.
22 Sep 2017, 09:09 AM

I bought the Whales skins because I feel bad for RitaRush putting work into them just to get this reaction. True, I would have loved to see the Fall Balance Preview revived and buying these skins won't change anything. Still, I can't fault anyone for trying to do something good in the world.

That and I love the colour blue. lol. Should be interesting.

RitaRush's work is brilliant like always, altho not really my type.

And the charity has a just cause.

But Relic and SEGA have made buffoons of us all and if you ask me, have also betrayed us.

I am sorry for the whales and all of the wild life but I'm not about to give those greedy companies anymore of my money, I think I've spent around 200 bucks or more on Company of Heroes 2, the first 100 were for the Collector's Edition alone, most of which was utter useless garbage in the form of bullshit commanders that were no match for the later 5 dollar "premium" commanders that were nerfed a month or so after Relic were done selling them because of the public outcry.

I was such a sap as to buy most of the "premium" commanders as well as all of their later Army DLCs. Looking at it now, I could have saved so much money if I had only waited for the premium commanders, OKW and UKF only instead of getting everything I own right now since I almost basically never play the other 3 Armies, the Soviets being my least favorite and played Army, while I do sometimes play with Ostheer and USF to occasionally try a new strategy I thought up.
22 Sep 2017, 09:22 AM

I just sell all trash PUBG and DOTA2 items for buy Whale skins !!!
#RELISAVEWILDLIFE
#RELICSAVEWHALE

:snfQuinn:<444>3<444>3<444>3

They delay community balance patch for release the "charity".
Awesome !!! :snfPeter:
22 Sep 2017, 10:03 AM

It isn't charity if Steam rip 30% off it =/

Some charity skin to save COH 2 ? :guyokay:
nee
22 Sep 2017, 11:00 AM

It's not charity. If they want charity they'd just tell you to donate money to such and such organization, not hire people to make skins and sell them while taking a cut.

They give the revenue to the associations, but I'm sure that's after covering costs. Just business to them.
22 Sep 2017, 11:13 AM

I would love to see some charity skins that save the Fall Balance Patch instead :snfPeter:
22 Sep 2017, 11:56 AM

Actually Relic and Sega will make no money from this since all Relic/Sega revenue goes to charity.
22 Sep 2017, 13:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2017, 11:00 AMnee
It's not charity. If they want charity they'd just tell you to donate money to such and such organization, not hire people to make skins and sell them while taking a cut.

They give the revenue to the associations, but I'm sure that's after covering costs. Just business to them.

+1

Giving steam a X % of the sum seems like a charity to me
22 Sep 2017, 14:32 PM
Patrion 14

Want to support the charity directly? https://www.sheldrickwildlifetrust.org/
Want to support Rita directly? https://streamelements.com/tip/ritarush

There. Give them both 7.5 whateveryourcurrencyis and you've bypassed this DLC insanity.
22 Sep 2017, 18:03 PM

Want to support the charity directly? https://www.sheldrickwildlifetrust.org/
Want to support Rita directly? https://streamelements.com/tip/ritarush

There. Give them both 7.5 whateveryourcurrencyis and you've bypassed this DLC insanity.

Me thot Kluge just SMASH.. here he use head .. has big nice brain. Kluge double threat.

+1 Kluge

:bananadance:
27 Sep 2017, 16:40 PM

RitaRush's work is brilliant like always, altho not really my type.

And the charity has a just cause.

But Relic and SEGA have made buffoons of us all and if you ask me, have also betrayed us.

I am sorry for the whales and all of the wild life but I'm not about to give those greedy companies anymore of my money, I think I've spent around 200 bucks or more on Company of Heroes 2, the first 100 were for the Collector's Edition alone, most of which was utter useless garbage in the form of bullshit commanders that were no match for the later 5 dollar "premium" commanders that were nerfed a month or so after Relic were done selling them because of the public outcry.

I was such a sap as to buy most of the "premium" commanders as well as all of their later Army DLCs. Looking at it now, I could have saved so much money if I had only waited for the premium commanders, OKW and UKF only instead of getting everything I own right now since I almost basically never play the other 3 Armies, the Soviets being my least favorite and played Army, while I do sometimes play with Ostheer and USF to occasionally try a new strategy I thought up.

+1
27 Sep 2017, 23:23 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

I don't think they're profiting off the charity.

I'm also willing to bet this is a PR deal from SEGA or otherwise top Relic brass that is entirely removed from game development.

Executives tend to operate in this world and create these types of events. I don't think this has actually impacted or drew efforts away from coh2's already voided support.

I was thinking the same thing. Some higher up thought this would make a good news article or something to add to the studios list of accomplishments, as opposed to the reality that barely anyone is going to buy these skins.
28 Sep 2017, 00:17 AM

they could probably undo every patch they ever made and the game would be more balanced, every time they patch they break more than they fix.
28 Sep 2017, 01:13 AM

I would buy the skins if at least they showed how the Orca skins look now, the DLC page shows one unit only!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS