Login

russian armor

British royal arty needs to require LOS

15 Sep 2017, 10:58 AM

I can't believe nobody has made a thread on this; it has to be one of the most broken things in team games right now. Brits can just endlessly endlessly spam anvil arty on your OKW base buildings through the fog of war, and there is literally zero counter whatsoever because it requires no line of sight. I just had a game where 3 or 4 Brits all went for it and just erased every single of my base buildings doing this.

I'm not one to normally make whine threads, but plz nerf. This is retarded and has been since forever.
15 Sep 2017, 11:25 AM

its one of the less anyoing thing on brits....there are much bs units/ abiltiys in this game right now....thats why i think.
15 Sep 2017, 12:48 PM

While I agree that all artillery should require LoS, I think there is a general underlying problem with how 3v3s and 4v4s are inherently unbalanced with the amount and duration of artillery that can be used by not only by the UKF but the Ostheer and the Soviets as well. It is just not fun the way two sides can cover the entire frontline with non-stop shelling that just makes it an exhausting attrition fest.

It is the same with the crazy fuel income in 3v3s/4v4s - the opposing sides can float so much fuel they will replace destroyed armour immediately, which eliminates the idea of unit preservation and micro effort.

I have no idea how devs could have thought that not limiting resource income rate/cache effect progressively into 2v2s/3v3s/4v4s was a good idea. #JustRelicThings I guess.
15 Sep 2017, 15:35 PM

On the bright side, this is literally the only good thing about that doctrine . When you consider that this means that the Brit players has to lock himself into both a doctrine AND Anvil it's not the worst thing ever - though I do agree that it's pretty retarded to not require LOS like every other Arty in Game. Too bad Relic can't be bothered to patch no-brainer fixes like this that won't seriously impact balance.
15 Sep 2017, 17:52 PM

The commander should be called ''how to troll opw.''
26 Sep 2017, 09:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2017, 10:58 AMKothre
I can't believe nobody has made a thread on this; it has to be one of the most broken things in team games right now. Brits can just endlessly endlessly spam anvil arty on your OKW base buildings through the fog of war, and there is literally zero counter whatsoever because it requires no line of sight. I just had a game where 3 or 4 Brits all went for it and just erased every single of my base buildings doing this.

I'm not one to normally make whine threads, but plz nerf. This is retarded and has been since forever.

and that thing one-click destroys a howitzer
a true cancer guardian
just one click and 100 ammo
26 Sep 2017, 11:26 AM

The anvil artillery has zero scatter making it problematic. On the other hand 25 artillery is rather useless. The whole 25p need to be reworked (actually the UKF faction needs to be reworked).
26 Sep 2017, 11:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2017, 11:26 AMVipper
The anvil artillery has zero scatter making it problematic. On the other hand 25 artillery is rather useless. The whole 25p need to be reworked (actually the UKF faction needs to be reworked).

In pratical terms a few inconsistencies can be buffed and cheese nerfed, and we are lucky if it happens..unfortunately.
26 Sep 2017, 12:17 PM

In pratical terms a few inconsistencies can be buffed and cheese nerfed, and we are lucky if it happens..unfortunately.

The problem is a bit deeper because 25p arty is also available to tommies and sniper and has very little friendly fire damage, while the whole faction lucks early indirect fire support.

I would try making pyrotechnics ungraded that gave tommies scoped Enfield took all weapons slot, removed cover bonus and reduced moving penalties (turning them into a normal infantry) while separating barrage from the first 25p with smoke barrage and second with high explosive.

That make thing easier to balance.
26 Sep 2017, 12:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2017, 12:17 PMVipper

The problem is a bit deeper because 25p arty is also available to tommies and sniper and has very little friendly fire damage, while the whole faction lucks early indirect fire support.

I would try making pyrotechnics ungraded that gave tommies scoped Enfield took all weapons slot, removed cover bonus and reduced moving penalties (turning them into a normal infantry) while separating barrage from the first 25p with smoke barrage and second with high explosive.

That make thing easier to balance.

That's why the mortar pit option is fucking retarded, you are supposed to get howitzers as you tech but you keep this howie range mortars uber effecient that needs PERFECT positioning and a well established static frontline.

Imho
Phyrotechnic: only sniper, it mark target for a reworked pounder strike not necessary anvil reliant to be more than visual effect
Medikit: in the trash can, uc can be upgraded as a mobile medical station carrying medics that can dismount like ambulance
Royal arty barrage: like pyro barrage, but fires a creeping barrage, or better barrage a RECTANGULAR area WITHOUT anvil regardless of teching, but create green cover craters to use as cover to advance (huge ukf artillery doctrine flavour here =))
Goddam mortar squad, than if i choose anvil i get to decide if i want a mortar pit by building a special trench for the squad, but i DECIDE it.

Tommies scoped has to be reworked.
I would outright remove those, because if somebody ever noticed, they tend to drop brens easily.

Btw am i the only one who would make vickers cgeaper and remove the building bonus range ? It makes it a counter to sniper builds which is ironical, and mp starve ukf.
2 Oct 2017, 09:10 AM

imo. then jaegar armor doc in ost should be redesigned. recon.overflight or stuka bombing run should be deleted. it can do recon and bombing itself. dont you think? :<
2 Oct 2017, 10:31 AM

imo. then jaegar armor doc in ost should be redesigned. recon.overflight or stuka bombing run should be deleted. it can do recon and bombing itself. dont you think? :<

Wrong thread/off topic
6 Oct 2017, 23:53 PM

Never mind the anvil arty, all you need is the flare from the Flame Cromwell dropped on the OKW truck, then just drop the arty from Special Weapons commander, bye bye truck.

Only 4 clicks, zero skill, zero risk. One tank call in and one muni ability. Super easy.
7 Oct 2017, 19:09 PM

Yea, basically. Multi-brit team-games, especially as OKW, are pretty much impossible due to this. IF you're lucky they'll go emplacement com which is somehow easier to play against and you might stand a chance.

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2017, 11:26 AMVipper
(actually the UKF faction needs to be reworked).

Pretty much. The whole faction revolves around either annoying (bofors), illogical (MG out-ranging snipers), useless (17lb, churchill), or just plain boring (mortar pit) units.

Even if stuff like royal arty was fixed, it wouldn't really 'fix' the faction. It's so fundamentally flawed that all it would do is force players to use even fewer (and more boring) strategies.

We already have the 24/7 penal spam meta on one faction, the last thing we need is to make another faction insanely 2-dimensional (literally everyone would pick emplacement com).

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★