Login

russian armor

Commando vet3 smoke on retreat.

26 Aug 2017, 15:52 PM

Does it actually do anything besides take up veterancy bonuses? Because it seems like units will still often shoot at commandos when they retreat and drop their smoke grenade.
26 Aug 2017, 16:28 PM

Does it actually do anything besides take up veterancy bonuses? Because it seems like units will still often shoot at commandos when they retreat and drop their smoke grenade.

I don't really know Brits well, but I believe the smoke they spawn isn't sight blocking, but functions as spawning yellow cover instead. More akin to vCoH smoke.
26 Aug 2017, 21:08 PM

I don't really know Brits well, but I believe the smoke they spawn isn't sight blocking, but functions as spawning yellow cover instead. More akin to vCoH smoke.

You're thinking of the vet1 thrown grenade I think. It does do what you described, but the vet3 bonus for commandos is self healing and dropping a smoke grenade on retreat.
27 Aug 2017, 10:37 AM

It seems bugged to me. It sometimes provides yellow cover as ZombiFrancis tells us. Sometimes it provides a sight block. Nonetheless, this unit doesn't need this kind of ability. I rather see some kind of ability which improves upon their entire 'raid and run' kind of playstyle than the current vet 3 ability that simply enhance the 'run' aspect.

I would love the commandoes to have something like a flare that can scout ahead, thus helping in their secret raids behind enemy lines. Let's say a 35 munitions flare that can spot a smaller area than a mortar flare can, helping them in setting up better ambushes. I would also like them to lay down simple mines like the USF infantry mine, perhaps a little less powerful one at that, for lets say 35 munitions too? Making the commandoes a true behind the lines raid and run unit. This would of course see the need for the light gammon nuke bomb with the 10 milisecond fuse to be adjusted.

Vet 3 could be the flare and the mine unlock simultaneously, but they would have something like a shared cooldown, preventing insane op plays by commandoes. I would really like such a thing..
27 Aug 2017, 10:44 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

The smoke entity dropped is the same as used by:
abilities attributes\abilities\british\modal_ability\infantry_smoke_grenade_resposition ability_bag\action_list\start_self_actions\timed_action\subactions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
abilities attributes\abilities\west_german\modal_ability\flak_halftrack_concealing_smoke_mp ability_bag\action_list\start_self_actions\timed_action\subactions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
ebps attributes\ebps\projectile\aef_m4a3_sherman_m3_smoke_mortar_mp extensions\explosion_ext\on_detonate_actions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
ebps attributes\ebps\projectile\british_88mm_smoke_artillery_base_mp extensions\explosion_ext\on_detonate_actions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
ebps attributes\ebps\projectile\british_88mm_smoke_artillery_mp extensions\explosion_ext\on_detonate_actions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
ebps attributes\ebps\projectile\british_valentine_canister_smoke_mp extensions\explosion_ext\on_detonate_actions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
ebps attributes\ebps\projectile\brit_3_inch_smoke_round_slot_1_mp extensions\explosion_ext\on_detonate_actions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
ebps attributes\ebps\projectile\brit_3_inch_smoke_round_slot_2_mp extensions\explosion_ext\on_detonate_actions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
ebps attributes\ebps\projectile\m7b1_priest_smoke_105mm_shell_mp extensions\explosion_ext\on_detonate_actions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
ebps attributes\ebps\projectile\m8a1_hmc_m89_smoke_round_mp extensions\explosion_ext\on_detonate_actions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
ebps attributes\ebps\projectile\officer_smoke_artillery_mp extensions\explosion_ext\on_detonate_actions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
ebps attributes\ebps\projectile\russian_hm_38_120mm_mortar_smoke extensions\explosion_ext\on_detonate_actions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
ebps attributes\ebps\projectile\russian_hm_38_120mm_mortar_smoke_mp extensions\explosion_ext\on_detonate_actions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
ebps attributes\ebps\projectile\smoke_50kg_bomb extensions\explosion_ext\on_detonate_actions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
ebps attributes\ebps\projectile\smoke_50kg_bomb_mp extensions\explosion_ext\on_detonate_actions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
ebps attributes\ebps\projectile\smoke_grenade extensions\explosion_ext\on_detonate_actions\delay\delayed_actions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
ebps attributes\ebps\projectile\smoke_grenade_mp extensions\explosion_ext\on_detonate_actions\delay\delayed_actions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
ebps attributes\ebps\projectile\smoke_mortar_round extensions\explosion_ext\on_detonate_actions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
ebps attributes\ebps\projectile\smoke_mortar_round_mp extensions\explosion_ext\on_detonate_actions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
ebps attributes\ebps\projectile\smoke_tank_shell extensions\explosion_ext\on_detonate_actions\delay\delayed_actions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
ebps attributes\ebps\projectile\smoke_tank_shell_mp extensions\explosion_ext\on_detonate_actions\delay\delayed_actions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
sbps attributes\sbps\races\british\soldiers\brit_officer_squad\air_support_officer_squad_mp extensions\squad_retreat_ext\actions\requirement_action\action_table\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
sbps attributes\sbps\races\british\soldiers\commando_squad\commando_squad_mp extensions\squad_retreat_ext\actions\requirement_action\action_table\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
sbps attributes\sbps\races\british\soldiers\commando_squad\commando_squad_piat_mp extensions\squad_retreat_ext\actions\requirement_action\action_table\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
sbps attributes\sbps\races\british\soldiers\commando_squad\infiltration_commando_squad_mp extensions\squad_retreat_ext\actions\requirement_action\action_table\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint

I do not think is is the smoke is the problem, I thinks it maybe from them being very close and in the middle of the engagement zone.
27 Aug 2017, 11:31 AM

Commandos get the following bonuses at Vet3:
- Smoke bomb, which acts like normal smoke
- Passive regeneration out of combat (equal to Volksgrenadier healing; aka 50% faster than Tommy heal)
- -75% received accuracy on retreat

It's quite a decent bonus. Too bad Commandos scale so bad.
27 Aug 2017, 14:44 PM

It seems bugged to me. It sometimes provides yellow cover as ZombiFrancis tells us. Sometimes it provides a sight block. Nonetheless, this unit doesn't need this kind of ability. I rather see some kind of ability which improves upon their entire 'raid and run' kind of playstyle than the current vet 3 ability that simply enhance the 'run' aspect.

I would love the commandoes to have something like a flare that can scout ahead, thus helping in their secret raids behind enemy lines. Let's say a 35 munitions flare that can spot a smaller area than a mortar flare can, helping them in setting up better ambushes. I would also like them to lay down simple mines like the USF infantry mine, perhaps a little less powerful one at that, for lets say 35 munitions too? Making the commandoes a true behind the lines raid and run unit. This would of course see the need for the light gammon nuke bomb with the 10 milisecond fuse to be adjusted.

Vet 3 could be the flare and the mine unlock simultaneously, but they would have something like a shared cooldown, preventing insane op plays by commandoes. I would really like such a thing..

That would be insanely cool.
The smoke entity dropped is the same as used by:
abilities attributes\abilities\british\modal_ability\infantry_smoke_grenade_resposition ability_bag\action_list\start_self_actions\timed_action\subactions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
abilities attributes\abilities\west_german\modal_ability\flak_halftrack_concealing_smoke_mp ability_bag\action_list\start_self_actions\timed_action\subactions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
ebps attributes\ebps\projectile\aef_m4a3_sherman_m3_smoke_mortar_mp extensions\explosion_ext\on_detonate_actions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
ebps attributes\ebps\projectile\british_88mm_smoke_artillery_base_mp extensions\explosion_ext\on_detonate_actions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
ebps attributes\ebps\projectile\british_88mm_smoke_artillery_mp extensions\explosion_ext\on_detonate_actions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
ebps attributes\ebps\projectile\british_valentine_canister_smoke_mp extensions\explosion_ext\on_detonate_actions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
ebps attributes\ebps\projectile\brit_3_inch_smoke_round_slot_1_mp extensions\explosion_ext\on_detonate_actions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
ebps attributes\ebps\projectile\brit_3_inch_smoke_round_slot_2_mp extensions\explosion_ext\on_detonate_actions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
ebps attributes\ebps\projectile\m7b1_priest_smoke_105mm_shell_mp extensions\explosion_ext\on_detonate_actions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
ebps attributes\ebps\projectile\m8a1_hmc_m89_smoke_round_mp extensions\explosion_ext\on_detonate_actions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
ebps attributes\ebps\projectile\officer_smoke_artillery_mp extensions\explosion_ext\on_detonate_actions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
ebps attributes\ebps\projectile\russian_hm_38_120mm_mortar_smoke extensions\explosion_ext\on_detonate_actions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
ebps attributes\ebps\projectile\russian_hm_38_120mm_mortar_smoke_mp extensions\explosion_ext\on_detonate_actions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
ebps attributes\ebps\projectile\smoke_50kg_bomb extensions\explosion_ext\on_detonate_actions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
ebps attributes\ebps\projectile\smoke_50kg_bomb_mp extensions\explosion_ext\on_detonate_actions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
ebps attributes\ebps\projectile\smoke_grenade extensions\explosion_ext\on_detonate_actions\delay\delayed_actions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
ebps attributes\ebps\projectile\smoke_grenade_mp extensions\explosion_ext\on_detonate_actions\delay\delayed_actions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
ebps attributes\ebps\projectile\smoke_mortar_round extensions\explosion_ext\on_detonate_actions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
ebps attributes\ebps\projectile\smoke_mortar_round_mp extensions\explosion_ext\on_detonate_actions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
ebps attributes\ebps\projectile\smoke_tank_shell extensions\explosion_ext\on_detonate_actions\delay\delayed_actions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
ebps attributes\ebps\projectile\smoke_tank_shell_mp extensions\explosion_ext\on_detonate_actions\delay\delayed_actions\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
sbps attributes\sbps\races\british\soldiers\brit_officer_squad\air_support_officer_squad_mp extensions\squad_retreat_ext\actions\requirement_action\action_table\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
sbps attributes\sbps\races\british\soldiers\commando_squad\commando_squad_mp extensions\squad_retreat_ext\actions\requirement_action\action_table\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
sbps attributes\sbps\races\british\soldiers\commando_squad\commando_squad_piat_mp extensions\squad_retreat_ext\actions\requirement_action\action_table\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint
sbps attributes\sbps\races\british\soldiers\commando_squad\infiltration_commando_squad_mp extensions\squad_retreat_ext\actions\requirement_action\action_table\spawn_entity\entity_blueprint

I do not think is is the smoke is the problem, I thinks it maybe from them being very close and in the middle of the engagement zone.

Huh.
- Passive regeneration out of combat (equal to Volksgrenadier healing; aka 50% faster than Tommy heal)

Yeah, it is a pretty decent bonus. Too bad it only helps with running away. The problem I see is that they get no RA bonuses and only one accuracy bonus, which are the mainstay of veterancy for most other units.

They're still really good at holding points in 1v1 though, between demos, cheesy camo nade, and ambush.
28 Aug 2017, 08:14 AM

if well played...they are a horror...drop bomb out of camo, can run and build demos while in camo (lol?)

30 Aug 2017, 05:24 AM

if well played...they are a horror...drop bomb out of camo, can run and build demos while in camo (lol?)

Oml read thread title.
1 Sep 2017, 05:17 AM

Oml read thread title.

I think the vet 3 smoke nade drop simply helps Cdos do things that otherwise most unit cannot even dream of trying.
1 Sep 2017, 22:53 PM

I think the vet 3 smoke nade drop simply helps Cdos do things that otherwise most unit cannot even dream of trying.

Yeah but I made the thread because I wasn't entirely sure if it worked or not, since enemies still seem to shoot through the smoke sometimes.
2 Sep 2017, 03:02 AM

Yeah but I made the thread because I wasn't entirely sure if it worked or not, since enemies still seem to shoot through the smoke sometimes.

The nade isnt that big, so perhaps your Cdos turned a corner and went back into LoS of the enemy.

Otherwise it works wonders if you are suddenly jumped by lets say, obers with STGs or some crap like that.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★