Login

russian armor

Has Resource Imbalance Been Discussed?

21 Aug 2017, 01:42 AM

As per the description of this forum section, "Mortars OP" is the stereotype of many threads here.

But what about the blatant lack of resource balance between the Allied factions and the Axis factions?

I present Exhibit A:
https://www.coh2.org/replay/62913/according-to-relic-three-equals-one-and-five-equals-two

Soviet Player:
  • Floating 400+ munitions and still winning fights against a player who uses all available munitions for weapon upgrades & grenades & mines
  • Gaining more fuel than an opponent despite holding fuel points less and having NO fuel caches
  • Having enough manpower to reinforce despite losing plenty of models by keeping units always out of cover
  • Not reinforcing infantry but being under NO THREAT of unit wipes due to the garbage design of Axis infantry weapons (50% chance or whatever it is of simply not doing any damage)
  • Losing NO models at all via Zerg tactics: running directly into enemy fire through open ground while enemy units are in cover
  • Winning engagements despite having retreated and never repaired a vehicle, allowing it to sit in base for ages doing nothing
  • Building a tank HQ and still having enough fuel for THREE tanks before the enemy has enough for ONE panzer
  • Walking THREE infantry squads blobbed together with tons of models each over a mine in a narrow bottleneck and only losing TWO MODELS FROM ONE SQUAD

And as if that weren't enough, at about 4/5 of the way into the match, a T-34/76 rolls up and fires a long range shot at Sturmpioneers before stopping... and kills a model, while not a single German tank can wipe any models unless it's standing still 5 feet from them and has time to fire at least twice.

Also, a panzer & two AT guns take out TWO TANKS and wound a third, but don't even gain ONE STAR OF VERERANCY.

Summary:
  • I had to take out FIVE enemy tanks while only having ONE.
  • The supposed "anti-infantry" units used by the opponent are more effective against armor than any other anti-tank unit in the game due to high model count, anti-tank grenades that take 1/3 of a tank's health, and overall unit resilience.
  • Were the opposing player not a total brain dead imbecile, I wouldn't have been able to take even a single point on the map due to how blatantly broken Allied resource income and units are.

Conclusion: Allied players can dominate a match entirely while having no tactical or strategic skill whatsoever, while Axis players have to play flawlessly, like some kind of tactical masterminds (which I'm not, but that just underscores the discrepancy between skill requirements for Allied and Axis players), and still get punished for it.

P.S. Before anyone starts cherry picking how I could have done things differently, know that I intentionally avoid using machine guns to demonstrate this blatant garbage game design. My baseline infantry units should be just as effective as ANY opposing faction's infantry units. At NO point should I be FORCED to use specific units, so long as I use proper tactics, such as putting units in cover, proper positioning, and so forth. Yet Allies blatantly overpower Axis units in this regard, whose infantry can rush directly into enemy fire with no negative consequences, and who benefit from absurd amounts of resources that they don't even have to use to stand toe-to-toe with Axis forces. If that isn't a blatant lack of balance, I don't know what is.
21 Aug 2017, 03:10 AM

wut
21 Aug 2017, 03:14 AM

21 Aug 2017, 05:09 AM

You like to think about yourself as tactical mastermind, right?
21 Aug 2017, 06:05 AM

Conclusion: You suck at playing.

Why should a Sov player get more ressources? They get the exact same ressources as any other faction as well. If you see some slow ass planes in the sky then they might be getting Sov Industry fuel drops which you can counter with any Flak/vehicle MG42.

If you think Sov is floating manpower (which it honestly is not), then play some OKW.
21 Aug 2017, 06:43 AM

i think he mean that all allie faction have the most unit which can deal with all targets...while axis faction have only specalists...which mean allie can spam one unit...and axis need for every target a other unit.

most allie infantery have a huge anti tank & anti infantery power...same the tanks.

u can blobb as UKF/USF/ sov and will be more effectiv than a german blobber.

funny fact: allies have the best anti blobb mechanics

21 Aug 2017, 07:22 AM

i think he mean that all allie faction have the most unit which can deal with all targets...while axis faction have only specalists...which mean allie can spam one unit...and axis need for every target a other unit.

most allie infantery have a huge anti tank & anti infantery power...same the tanks.

u can blobb as UKF/USF/ sov and will be more effectiv than a german blobber.

funny fact: allies have the best anti blobb mechanics

That is absolutely not what he meant and only an excuse for you to talk about the same old "Allies OP!" bullshit you like to repeat over and over again.
Please back to the topic.
21 Aug 2017, 07:53 AM

Good luck to blobb with volks...or grens... i bet u must retreat after the first tank which kill mostly one squad per shot and u have only fausts
21 Aug 2017, 07:57 AM

If anything I've noticed severely lacking in munitions while playing with the Wehrmacht to but nothing else.
21 Aug 2017, 09:27 AM

I played against you online; if you spent at least as much time playing the game than in-game chatting and baiting others how allies are OP, you'd have a bit more skill and probably a few more prestige levels. This is clearly a L2P, and you should seek help in the strategy forums, not blame balance..
21 Aug 2017, 09:30 AM

I played against you online; if you spent at least as much time playing the game than in-game chatting and baiting others how allies are OP, you'd have a bit more skill. This is clearly a L2P, and you should seek help in the strategy forums, not blame balance..

This.

21 Aug 2017, 09:37 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

As per the description of this forum section, "Mortars OP" is the stereotype of many threads here.

But what about the blatant lack of resource balance between the Allied factions and the Axis factions?

Do you watch your replays self btw?

How do you came up to think that allies faction get more ress and Manpower? oO
And I responsed already in your replay.

*Moved to Scrap Yard*
21 Aug 2017, 11:09 AM

xD this is funny one
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L