Login

russian armor

Buff the Storm Tiger pls!!!

12 Aug 2017, 06:07 AM

Why is this not a one shot? lol

12 Aug 2017, 07:34 AM
Benefactor 115

RNG

Simple as that, now as the title say, what's your argument for 'storm tiger' to be buffed.

My personal opinion, it is somewhat fine.
12 Aug 2017, 07:45 AM

you should see my B4's shell landed in the middle of grenadier squad but they only lose 10% of their HP
12 Aug 2017, 08:40 AM

I don't understand why Precision Shots were removed but BS like ST is still in the game. It's just ultimate veterancy eraser and bleed machine in general. Even against vehicles.
12 Aug 2017, 09:17 AM

Also they nerfed the AOE a while back, but they did not change the explosion effect, so it can be sometimes misleading.
12 Aug 2017, 10:44 AM

It seems you hit the AT gun dead on. At least you wiped 3 models from the captain, an echelon squad, 2 models from the major and 7 rifelmen models. That is a lot.
12 Aug 2017, 11:33 AM

Sturmtigers performance differs greatly. Ground elevation fucks ups its aiming big time. That blobber should had been punished with full whipe.
12 Aug 2017, 11:56 AM

LOL, this just made my day "Buff Storm tiger" atleast spell storm in the german way "Sturmtiger" GabeN
12 Aug 2017, 14:35 PM

Only if you nerf the the more OP aspects of it ( shoot through shot blockers and farther than most units vision). Even then... it's pretty good as is.
12 Aug 2017, 15:05 PM

One-shot random i kill everything have no place in a serious strategic game like COH2.

This thing move way too fast. It's such a common sight these days...why? it's op and i want to win at all cost !!!!

Seriously :

If because of the sound it make, it would be shown in the fog of war on the map then it would be better balanced.
12 Aug 2017, 17:29 PM

D like to see it buffed against emplacments, one would think thats where ot would shine but even a 400mp hole in the ground can resist that beast outright, let alone brace....
12 Aug 2017, 17:32 PM

The sturmtiger is op as it is with how silent it is through the fog of war and it can shout of your units sight range. It wipes any vetted unit late game and bleeds you like hell. Yeah sturmtiger buff never happening, more like a nerf.
12 Aug 2017, 19:09 PM

I don't understand why Precision Shots were removed but BS like ST is still in the game. It's just ultimate veterancy eraser and bleed machine in general. Even against vehicles.

Because OKW is the special snowflake faction of this game, with all their Wunderwaffen, perfect for the Wehraboos.
12 Aug 2017, 21:13 PM

Its time to add a clear, loud and distinctive sound to the sturmtiger before it fires and lower the damage to 540 while adding a stun and crit engine damage to tank so it doesn't on shoot them but at least will take them out of the fight/chase while at it buff the non-lethal area a bit so the explosion actually is the radius and add a multiplayer vs emplacement like x 3 it is the supposed role after all (maybe adding 1 more sec to fire time to balance it and make it more avoidable thanks to new distinctive sound)
13 Aug 2017, 00:55 AM

I don't see it ever outside of teamgames. It's too huge of an investment in 1v1. Yeah you might get lucky on the first shot and wipe a blob but against a good player that doesn't blob it's not that great because it fires literally once every two minute or so. The reload time is around 45s I think but the fact that it can be decrewed and stolen very easily while reloading means you have to drive it back first, yadda yadda. Also in 1v1 if you can afford the (230?) fuel into a unit that fire every two minutes, you've probably won anyhow.

To be honest regardless of buffs or nerfs, while it's fun to use and has that jaw-dropping WOW COOL factor, it really shouldn't be in this game. Squad preservation for veterancy is an integral mechanic to Coh2 and the Sturmtiger by design is a veterancy wiper. I know demo charges have been in the game since vanilla but those are more just a punish for not using a sweeper, and require forethought and planning instead of just rolling up to an area and wiping a squad or two and rolling back out.

But I think lowering the range and increasing the lethal radius/damage would be cool. It shouldn't be able to fire out of fog of war, especially past shotblockers. Instead of being a surprise wipe assassin, make it like a 'roided-up Brummbar/Crocodile/Kv-8: roll up to AT guns, blobs, whatever, and be tanky enough to facetank shots while threatening wipes. At least the 3 mentioned above give some reaction time, some breathing room to the infantry under assault. If your opponent keeps blobbing close enough to your Sturmtiger or doesn't move his support weapons out of the way when he sees it, fine, he deserves to have them all wiped. But you shouldn't lose squads to a rocket coming out of nowhere magically phasing through a house or such.

Bonus clip: I thought all hope was lost and I would lose my shiny new Sturmtiger, but then I remembered from the P-47 loiter discussion thread that the Ju87 doesn't self-spot, thankfully. https://streamable.com/snbl9

13 Aug 2017, 19:45 PM

13 Aug 2017, 19:48 PM

What about tuning it into the Axis version of the priest/suxton? I can see it working if it's damage was spread between 2-3 shells similar to the Unofficial Balance Patch's B4.
14 Aug 2017, 13:11 PM

What about tuning it into the Axis version of the priest/suxton? I can see it working if it's damage was spread between 2-3 shells similar to the Unofficial Balance Patch's B4.

Wot
No

Just no

Give OKW or Ost the Hummel or Wespe if that is your idea because that "thing" fired a 350kg shell depth charge, no amount of German ubermensch shell handling will get that thing to fire THAT quickly (Purely for comparison's sake, the B4 arty is not cramp as hell, and fires 100 kg shells at 1 rnd per minute)

I know realism is not important, but that is a LITTLE TOO FAR OFF )))))

14 Aug 2017, 18:15 PM

Wot
No

Just no

Give OKW or Ost the Hummel or Wespe if that is your idea because that "thing" fired a 350kg shell depth charge, no amount of German ubermensch shell handling will get that thing to fire THAT quickly (Purely for comparison's sake, the B4 arty is not cramp as hell, and fires 100 kg shells at 1 rnd per minute)

I know realism is not important, but that is a LITTLE TOO FAR OFF )))))

Realism can fuck off the moment it stands in the way of game design. The Sturmtiger in its current form is a wipey cheese machine that's going to be ludicrously hard to balance due to its binary, burst-y design.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★