Login

russian armor

My FBP Suggestions & things that surprise me

12 Aug 2017, 09:09 AM

Sorry: rubbish, frankly. 4 con start, map control is good.

Yeahhh, but then the stg volks show up and the obers and lmg grens. Say goodbye to your 4 cons being anything but cannon fodder.
12 Aug 2017, 16:23 PM

Yeahhh, but then the stg volks show up and the obers and lmg grens. Say goodbye to your 4 cons being anything but cannon fodder.
so remove stg volks right ? ho wait what about lmg for rifle should we remove them too ? but wait there's more what about stg and mg 34 for elite unit? Remove them too ?
12 Aug 2017, 17:53 PM

so remove stg volks right ? ho wait what about lmg for rifle should we remove them too ? but wait there's more what about stg and mg 34 for elite unit? Remove them too ?

Where do I say to remove stg volks? All I am saying is that Cons don't work.

No need to start putting words in my mouth.
12 Aug 2017, 18:57 PM

I have another one:

Penal syndrome. Either go penals or lose the game. You have no other option but to go penals or you will lose straight up every game. Conscripts suck so hard, it can't be made to work vs stg volks.

In my opinion on certain maps like the 3v3 and 4v4 Angermuende map, or other close combat maps you can try something like Soviet Shock Army. You get like 4 conscripts you upgrade them with PPSH-41's and you get like 2 Shock Troops and early-mid game I am pretty certain that you will dominate the infantry game. Late game vetted up shock troops are pretty good IMO and they shed most things pretty easily at close range. I do agree however that the Cons do not scale well into late game and they get shredded by vetted Obers, vetted up volks, and vetted LMG Grens. However in my opinion conscripts can be useful for their merging but mostly for their AT nades. Merging can be good to keep team weapons alive. In my opinion conscripts have better AT capabilities than penals, I think it is much easier to oorahhh into a tank w few conscripts and throw the AT nades at it than for penals to throw the sticky satchels onto the tank.

However this is too situational I definetly agree that conscripts need to be majorly reworked make them competitive and to make them scale better into the late game. I think penals need a little nerf and conscripts need a pretty significant buff in order to make the Soviets more fun, more diverse and more balanced infantry wise.
12 Aug 2017, 19:06 PM

Don't expect someone who is crutching on Volks dirt cheapness to respond in any other way, as if LMG Rifles were worth it over Double BAR after the nerf.
12 Aug 2017, 19:16 PM

In my opinion on certain maps like the 3v3 and 4v4 Angermuende map, or other close combat maps you can try something like Soviet Shock Army. You get like 4 conscripts you upgrade them with PPSH-41's and you get like 2 Shock Troops and early-mid game I am pretty certain that you will dominate the infantry game. Late game vetted up shock troops are pretty good IMO and they shed most things pretty easily at close range. I do agree however that the Cons do not scale well into late game and they get shredded by vetted Obers, vetted up volks, and vetted LMG Grens. However in my opinion conscripts can be useful for their merging but mostly for their AT nades. Merging can be good to keep team weapons alive. In my opinion conscripts have better AT capabilities than penals, I think it is much easier to oorahhh into a tank w few conscripts and throw the AT nades at it than for penals to throw the sticky satchels onto the tank.

However this is too situational I definetly agree that conscripts need to be majorly reworked make them competitive and to make them scale better into the late game. I think penals need a little nerf and conscripts need a pretty significant buff in order to make the Soviets more fun, more diverse and more balanced infantry wise.

Good points! I have tried the very same things and found that vs volk spam, it just falls apart even when none of the units are vetted. Shock troops do shred everything at higher vet, but they bleed you soo hard. How do you work around the bleed?
12 Aug 2017, 19:16 PM

Don't expect someone who is crutching on Volks dirt cheapness to respond in any other way, as if LMG Rifles were worth is over Double BAR after the nerf.

Indeed..
12 Aug 2017, 20:06 PM

Good points! I have tried the very same things and found that vs volk spam, it just falls apart even when none of the units are vetted. Shock troops do shred everything at higher vet, but they bleed you soo hard. How do you work around the bleed?

Well you don't. I mean you can't have everything. But in my opinion despite the manpower bleed you can make it work in certain situations.
12 Aug 2017, 21:09 PM

then whats the problem they are gona buff them in the next few patches (look at the mod of mr smith evetually all change there will go live)
13 Aug 2017, 01:32 AM

have more blob friendly units

I don't mean to derail but has anyone ever wondered why the Sturm Offizier exists? The retreat ability is kind of interesting but the aura and focus ability scream "blob for best results." Command Panther isn't as bad becuae it's a defensive buff and a decently large fuel investment whereas the officer is like 200-something mp (although the aura shouldn't apply to teammates units like every other aura imo).
13 Aug 2017, 06:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2017, 06:02 AMTanker
gotta admit OKW is OP in live version i and doubt they will less OP in FBP. Volks is too cheap yet scale too well and have great versatility, side tech comes with tier tech, panzerfusilier 6 pop with stupid sight range, Sturmtiger 1 shotting squad left and right, easy micro tanks, kubel early game cheesing, sturmpio rolfstorm everything early game, luchs rushing without proper counter, best stock heavy tank in the game without doctrinal requirement... i can go like this all day.

I would be really careful my friend, things you are saying are blasphemy, people at this forum dont like to hear that axis are op. Watch out or you might get banned :P. Repeat after me allies op, bar blobs op, penals op, brits op. Jokes aside

The fucked up thing is not how unholy imbalanced okw, the fucked up thing is people lack of reaction.
13 Aug 2017, 06:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2017, 20:32 PMAlphrum

if kubel was a problem for USF, what does that make the clown car for OKW lol

You have stealth at gun at the start of the game that you can even put in buildings or retreat. If usf had such a mysterious weapon at the start of the game kubel spam wouldnt be a thing.
13 Aug 2017, 06:15 AM

I honestly think that all indirect fire (not counting artillery, with no autofire) should be toned down to soviet mortar levels, since they take practically no micro and can decide engagements time and time again, while also performing their intended role (countering static play) very well. IMO you shouldn't be able to nail 3 models of a rifle or tommy squad in one hit just by having an ost mortar or isg, and you shouldn't be able to roflstomp grens and volks without even paying attention to your mortar pit. That being said, soviet mortar sucks.

Now here I agree 100%. Indirect AUTOFIRE should get nerfed hard to soviet levels at least for every faction. Its because mortar spams ruin 2v2s. Mortars should be build specifically for countering static play, buildings and mgs. So its barrage reload should be low but autofire should be dogshit. I mean if it sometimes kills something its fine but laser tracking ost mortar reminds me more of an air gunship bombarding not a mortar. Now soviet mortars seem more in line, although pm41 seems like its being used by retarded drunks and im sure that the 120mm crew is blind af.
13 Aug 2017, 10:46 AM

15 Aug 2017, 00:06 AM

The thing with shocks is that they get absolutely ripped to shreds by multiple squads with stgs, which is almost always what they will be facing against okw opponents. Actually, in theory, an m5 with the .50 cal quadmount upgrade and shocks would be pretty effective, as the m5 would suppress and help cut your bleed and the shocks would either force a retreat or abdolutely shred everything with very minimal losses. As long as you back that up with sufficient at and know where theirs is, you should be golden. I got that idea because the m15 with rangers is really scary for any infantry. And then ofc spam smoke nades everywhere, maybe even on normal inf squads you aren't engaging or trying to close with. Maybe oorah your cons and shove them up front to take fire for your shocks but honestly cons trade so badly that IMO they do more harm than good rn, even with ppshs (although they do make it a lot better).

And penals are still dumb. They overperform and are boring to use (IMO anyway) since they have no "flavor", they're just a-move terminators.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight