Login

russian armor

Conscripts need to be balanced

PAGES (7)down
3 Aug 2017, 20:36 PM

No basic infantry means you cant use most of soviet commanders. You need to take t1 and support it with some AT to make it viable. Every faction lives and dies by their main infantry.

My suggestion is either buff conscripts to make them worthy of 240 manpower or lower the price to better reflect their value. Also do something about upgrades for molotov and at nades, either combine them together to make one cheap upgrade for both or remove the upgrade. And increase the speed of molotov throw animation because it takes ages. I dont mind the ability being more expensive but actually effective.
4 Aug 2017, 06:09 AM

No basic infantry means you cant use most of soviet commanders. You need to take t1 and support it with some AT to make it viable. Every faction lives and dies by their main infantry.

If we still had vanilla CoH2 with Sovs and Axis, this wouldn't be the case. The two EF armies have some kind of a problem without building up something from the start for the first half minute.

Sovs currently can't play with Cons only and Ost can't play with Pios + MG only.
Every other faction has the tools to stay up to the mid game with their main inf and nothing else. Brits get the additional MG as well. OKW gets a fast capping car. Sovs and Ost has main inf that takes ages to come and is inferior to the other mainline infantry that comes from T0.

I don't think that we should buff Cons and Grens to the Power of the other 3 main infs but maybe nerfing Volks, Sections and Rifles could be a bit better. Currently playing EFA means you get your main inf (in this case speaking of Penals for Sovs) after 1 min at best while your enemy/ally is pumping their WFA main inf from the start, which is most of the time also better.

So yes, buffing cons a little bit is something that has been in need for a very long time now. Make their Molotov a copy of the Volks flame nade and this should be a pretty good start imo.

Otherwise I think Cons are the most interesting main inf in the game. Merge is a extremely powerful but underused ability because no one plays Cons or support weapons from T2. Oorah + Flame nade (if buffed) is pretty nice for flanking, Oorah + AT nades are nice for taking down vehicles.

It just sucks that Sov T1 is a must right now. Everybody plays Penals because they are a no brainer and come together with the Sniper.
4 Aug 2017, 07:00 AM

If we still had vanilla CoH2 with Sovs and Axis, this wouldn't be the case. The two EF armies have some kind of a problem without building up something from the start for the first half minute.

+1

Part of the problem is not really Conscripts themselves, just the other infantry they're facing. Grens outscale Cons only in the lategame especially at long range, but that's just part of the assymetric balance, Cons get a leg up on Grens in that they have Oorah, larger squad size = less wipes, etc.

Rifles and Tommies outperforming vanilla infantry makes sense since they cost quite a bit more, 40mp difference. But it's dumb how Volks stomp Cons at every stage of the game for only 10 more mp.

I do agree with OP that molotov sucks, just the ten-year windup time makes it so underwhelming. If you pull off a flank an MG or such, by the time you actually throw the nade he's probably already retreated the MG. Same thing for denying green cover or flanking an ATG, most of the time it's just a waste of muni that doesn't actually change the outcome of anything much.

Idk, maybe I just have too high expectations due to the lava nade. Glad it's getting some nerfs in FBP, it's just too damn good. Nonexistent windup makes it easy to land the initial damage, and no fuse ofc.

Merge is a extremely powerful but underused ability because no one plays Cons or support weapons from T2.

Afaik merge is also underused because the new models inherit the Cons' worse RA?
4 Aug 2017, 07:08 AM

Nonsense. 4 con strat is strong.
4 Aug 2017, 10:18 AM

Merge would be much better if you couldnt accidentally lose the squad because an extra model drops...
But i think cons are just underwhelming for their cost, at 220 perhaps they might be more attractive
4 Aug 2017, 11:09 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

The EFA revamp did wonders for Conscripts. Much more reliable, worth 240MP.

It's a shame that the scope for the Fall Balance Preview did not include mainline infantry.
4 Aug 2017, 13:33 PM

Why are people always talking about merge as if this ability would make a difference. You get bled out like a swine by axis infantry, merging doesnt change anything if your infantry has broomsticks instead of rifles.

I agree that both grens struggle against rifles and tommies but cons struggle against grens. They lose at every range against both volks and grens. Merge or oorah doesnt change anything if you are just a meatshield. Cons currently are just a mp drain. And you have to pay for upgrading molotovs and at nades, thats a joke. I mean balancing team is a joke for not doing anything about it for years. Cons need a range at which they can win or a weapon upgrade that allows them to do that. Also molotvs have to be fixed pronto. Otherwise that unit is gonna be dogshit. And thats not the biggest problem. If cons suck, t2 sucks, if t2 sucks then you have to go t1 if you have to go t1 then you cant go most commanders because you will lack something like at, mg or mortars and you will always be forced to pick a specific commander to fill that gap. And balancing team buffs maxims xD HAHAHAHHA what a joke, do these people have brains?
4 Aug 2017, 15:14 PM

Even if you buff them, nobody will use them if you have Penals available. It's gonna be 1 con squad to merge or at nade things.
It was the same when Maxims were in their heyday. They buffed cons and guards to provide an alternative to maxims, but instead now Soviets had units that optimally shielded the maxims from flanking and vehicles.

Volks, even upgraded and at vet 5, can lose to cons btw. Seen it happen. Also seen Rear Echelons win against vetted Volks.
4 Aug 2017, 15:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2017, 15:14 PMDomine
Even if you buff them, nobody will use them if you have Penals available.

See, here's where you're wrong, I would use them.

Volks, even upgraded and at vet 5, can lose to cons btw. Seen it happen. Also seen Rear Echelons win against vetted Volks.

Proof or it didnt happen. Seriously stop trolling. Because of people like you meta is shit. Its not gonna change anything if we buff cons so better not do it just to be sure soviets will be trash. And they will be after Fall Dogshit Patch and penals nerf. Now soviets will just tank losses without providing any good units. Probably meta will shit towards guard rifles again. Soviets will defend try to stall the game with maxims and cons early to field guard rifles. Is that how this faction is supposed to look like? Pay the same price for half as good of a unit?

Cons 240 mp - dogshit molotv upgrade, at nade upgrade, no other weapons
Grens 240 mp - NO nade upgrade, NO at upgrade, NO upgrade for weapons
Volks 250 mp - NO nade upgrade, NO at upgrade, NO upgrade for weapons

This game revolves around core infantry. Either you give each faction a comparable counterpart or factions without a decent core infantry will always be mediocre at best.
4 Aug 2017, 15:57 PM

See, here's where you're wrong, I would use them.

Good for you, doesn't change a thing. I used Soviet 45mm at guns for trolling. 45mm confirmed for meta, pls nerf!

Proof or it didnt happen. Seriously stop trolling. Because of people like you meta is shit. Its not gonna change anything if we buff cons so better not do it just to be sure soviets will be trash. And they will be after Fall Dogshit Patch and penals nerf. Now soviets will just tank losses without providing any good units. Probably meta will shit towards guard rifles again. Soviets will defend try to stall the game with maxims and cons early to field guard rifles. Is that how this faction is supposed to look like? Pay the same price for half as good of a unit?

Cons 240 mp - dogshit molotv upgrade, at nade upgrade, no other weapons
Grens 240 mp - NO nade upgrade, NO at upgrade, NO upgrade for weapons
Volks 250 mp - NO nade upgrade, NO at upgrade, NO upgrade for weapons

This game revolves around core infantry. Either you give each faction a comparable counterpart or factions without a decent core infantry will always be mediocre at best.

The meta is shit because certain core rules of the game have been ignored. WFA armies was a powercreep and threw a lot of the guidelines the game has adhered to apart. Weapon racks, free shit, etc. etc. If you're salty because cons that's not my fault. The community has been discussing buffing cons for years. Notable propositions were introducing weapons for Conscripts, lowering the cost to something very low and giving them very low durability. Now you come here and stomp your feet because you don't get what you want implemented immediately.

If this game were about core infantry then the game would be absolutely dominated by USF. How comes this isn't the case? Why did super op OKW, with no side tech perform so badly in the tournament? How comes a moving dps penalty to Penals is gonna turn them dogshit, suddenly?

Nobody knows.

If you're gonna come here and make propositions the community has been making for 4 years(that's 1/3rd of your lifespan bro) and then wonder why nothing is getting implemented, you're gonna be here for a long time. Oh and bonus: Cons actually were worse in the past, yet somehow people still managed to dominate the game with it(maxim spam Eyebrow wiggle)
4 Aug 2017, 15:58 PM

Even if you buff them, nobody will use them if you have Penals available. It's gonna be 1 con squad to merge or at nade things.

so you believe that one conscript squad with AT nade is enough ?
When an ennemy tank appear on the map, i bet that 99% of the time your single conscript squad will be at spawn reinforcing or fighting somewhere else.

IF the conscript were descent, we would see much less penals because conscript offers a fast map capture and got some strong ability (oorah, molotov, AT nade, merge, ...) that penal don't have.
They also give the opportunity to go T2 and so get a soviet AT gun, which is one of the best thanks to its barrage ability.

Really, your statement is so wrong that i can't believe you were serious when writting it :facepalm:

Edit : i just noticed that someone else already told you that.
4 Aug 2017, 16:09 PM

so you believe that one conscript squad with AT nade is enough ?

You don't have to believe me. I'm stating what happened when we buffed conscripts because people said 'Maxim + guard spam only happens because Soviets don't have other alternatives' and the result was Maxim and guards spam with one or two cons for merge or at nade.

Look, here's what's gonna happen. I've been playing this game since release, and I've played in top 100 too. You don't have to believe me, but I just know.

Threads like this happen on a weekly basis. Somebody says cons are bad and need buff with the flavor of the month proposition (my favorite one was giving conscripts the utility of engineers). Everyone will agree, thread will die down, conscripts will remain unchanged. The cycle continues...

Have fun with your thread.
4 Aug 2017, 17:05 PM

Conscript do not need to be buffed. Simply all infantry available before minute 1 need to be rebalanced one vs the other.

Having a single unit buffed or nerfed creates more problems than it solves.
4 Aug 2017, 18:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2017, 17:05 PMVipper
Conscript do not need to be buffed. Simply all infantry available before minute 1 need to be rebalanced one vs the other.

Having a single unit buffed or nerfed creates more problems than it solves.

I agree all units from t0 need to be rebalanced, not fucking elephant, the balance starts with the first units that hit the field. If one side can literally push you off the map with a single unit (IS or sturmppios) then there is no balance. This game is not only about 1v1 ffs.
4 Aug 2017, 18:51 PM

Wow. Never happened, bullshiter/liers like this are why the game balancing is so wack and the game is close to dead.

Did make me laugh tho, reading that.
4 Aug 2017, 21:23 PM

I think that the option to add more default upgrades to them was the most popular choice in a recent poll about them.
5 Aug 2017, 03:56 AM

Wow. Never happened, bullshiter/liers like this are why the game balancing is so wack and the game is close to dead.

Did make me laugh tho, reading that.

Yeah, that's basically like saying, "Oh yeah, ISU-152 is great, I've seen it beat a Vet 5 Jadgtiger." That's total bullpudding and literally impossible even with godly RNG. Seriously, Vet 5 Volks rip through almost anything, Cons are a speed bump to them at that point.
5 Aug 2017, 04:26 AM

Yeah, that's basically like saying, "Oh yeah, ISU-152 is great, I've seen it beat a Vet 5 Jadgtiger." That's total bullpudding and literally impossible even with godly RNG. Seriously, Vet 5 Volks rip through almost anything, Cons are a speed bump to them at that point.

They could just ignore them to be honest, Volks are a funny unit, you need to spend more to beat them because Vet 5 special snowflake faction.
5 Aug 2017, 04:41 AM

They could just ignore them to be honest, Volks are a funny unit, you need to spend more to beat them because Vet 5 special snowflake faction.

Sidaroth who hurt you

Your bitterness against OKW is palpable everywhere i see your posts lol

PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 14
South Africa 2
unknown 11
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias