Login

russian armor

P-47 Rocket Strike

3 Aug 2017, 01:35 AM

If you don't give a damn what he thinks, he shouldn't give a damn to what you think, stop being a jerk.

True is, P47 miss too much, and if I'm correct (waiting for the response of Smith) rockets doesn't always even penetrates.

Stop being affected by Famous person and No Brand person cyndrom

You can alway check how P47s works by using cheat mod

Also I forgot to mention p47s hit targets in smoke.

3 Aug 2017, 03:03 AM

I don't give a damn what u think or say

Coz I killed so many Jagds and KT so i can't even count them Some times not even lose a single sherman

Whoa whoa whoa where did that come from?
People still using airborne these days? lulz hat off to them

It's always in my loadout. Mainly because I like Thompson paras and being able to have a .50 cal and captain's units at the same time. Sidenote: Thompson paras working in tandem with a .50 is scary good. .50 can suppress or make inf hug green cover and the paras move up and wreck face against the relatively helpless infantry. Only problem is the stupid way that the whole commander is designed in that
4/5 of its abilities are just manpower callins and only use manpower and come at weird times. Still fun though.
3 Aug 2017, 04:03 AM
Donator 11

Too RNG dependent really. Half the time the rockets miss completely or simply have such a small AOE they aren't reliable to wast 250 muni on.

Its even better when you take into account the current live patch (without the AA changes) means you get free anti-air in most cases to cancel the ability with ease.

All in all airborne is an....okay commander but in all seriousness most commanders need an overhaul.
3 Aug 2017, 04:45 AM

I play Airborne and Mechanized very often, heh, but Pershing is there when I need to TriHard to have a chance.
3 Aug 2017, 06:49 AM

Too RNG dependent really. Half the time the rockets miss completely or simply have such a small AOE they aren't reliable to wast 250 muni on.

Its even better when you take into account the current live patch (without the AA changes) means you get free anti-air in most cases to cancel the ability with ease.

All in all airborne is an....okay commander but in all seriousness most commanders need an overhaul.

Its obvious for me that you tried this commander once or two many years ago. Coz u don't even know how much cost p47s.
3 Aug 2017, 06:55 AM

It's always in my loadout. Mainly because I like Thompson paras and being able to have a .50 cal and captain's units at the same time. Sidenote: Thompson paras working in tandem with a .50 is scary good. .50 can suppress or make inf hug green cover and the paras move up and wreck face against the relatively helpless infantry. Only problem is the stupid way that the whole commander is designed in that
4/5 of its abilities are just manpower callins and only use manpower and come at weird times. Still fun though.

Paras may be usefull only at Ettelbruk station . For all other maps RIfles with double bar much better much universal and cheaper.

Airborn Commander allows go for leitenant and have stock .50 + if you REALLY need AT gun. Rush to Scotts and p47s for the late game.

3 Aug 2017, 07:39 AM

Look at "Dave", he is not only playing them, he is kicking ass with them :D
3 Aug 2017, 07:40 AM

Paras may be usefull only at Ettelbruk station . For all other maps RIfles with double bar much better much universal and cheaper.

Airborn Commander allows go for leitenant and have stock .50 + if you REALLY need AT gun. Rush to Scotts and p47s for the late game.

Paras are a much better flanking and wiping squad, especially with their abilities, and can reinforce on the field if you have paths setup beacons. They also just have wayyyy more close and even a little more mid range dps than double bar rifles. I like to go captain for Stuart and pack howitzer in teamgames and crew my airdropped .50s with pathfinders for self-spotting, smaller target size, and decent weapon dps. Their reinforce cost is ridiculous though.
3 Aug 2017, 07:49 AM

Paras are a much better flanking and wiping squad, especially with their abilities, and can reinforce on the field if you have paths setup beacons. They also just have wayyyy more close and even a little more mid range dps than double bar rifles. I like to go captain for Stuart and pack howitzer in teamgames and crew my airdropped .50s with pathfinders for self-spotting, smaller target size, and decent weapon dps. Their reinforce cost is ridiculous though.

1) 3 vs 3 and higher there is no room for flanking. So Rifles are better scale because of their veterancy.(those are MirageFla words)
2) On higher rank you starve for MP So I stop using Paras and Pathfinders
3) Captain - comes a bit late and he has a bit less powerfull anti inf weapon.
4) Pack HOWI very MP cost, too unmanuverable, easy get killed. Stuart does nothing If there is no P2 (all other lights killed by double AP,50 call so fast that they can't even reverse if they dive into "retreating" trap.
3 Aug 2017, 16:24 PM

CP cost reduced to 10 and muni cost reduced to 200. I think that's all it really needs imo. Accuracy buff would be a plus tho.
3 Aug 2017, 19:04 PM

It does need a cost reduction or needs to be more effective for its cost. IMO this ability should be really good because of the doctrine it comes in. Airborne is based around mostly all infantry and a few support weps. So this makes sense to be their even up the odds if you will against the heavier axis armor.

It also seems like crap because ost CAS is VASTLY over preforming, we all know the area is too large and the planes follow out of the circle, do not miss AND can crit and engine dmg vehicles ensuring the seconds pass takes them out. Its almost a guaranteed thats it will wipe any retreating wounded tanks. Especially broken against americans and comes in great doctrines, Unlike airborne where you putting most your eggs in the basket of having strong AI but weak AT abilitys. If in any doctrine a call in like this should preform well in airborne. Not to mention how much munitions cost when your infantry will be relying on the munitions more so than other doctrines.
3 Aug 2017, 19:14 PM

1) 3 vs 3 and higher there is no room for flanking. So Rifles are better scale because of their veterancy.(those are MirageFla words)
2) On higher rank you starve for MP So I stop using Paras and Pathfinders
3) Captain - comes a bit late and he has a bit less powerfull anti inf weapon.
4) Pack HOWI very MP cost, too unmanuverable, easy get killed. Stuart does nothing If there is no P2 (all other lights killed by double AP,50 call so fast that they can't even reverse if they dive into "retreating" trap.

I never said it was competitive, it's just FUN. If I wanted competitive, I'd play okw and do a double kubel start to pfusies and luchs every single game. Of course all those things you say are true, and if I wanted to win in the easiest maner possible as usf I'd use caliopes or heavy cav in teamgames.
3 Aug 2017, 20:09 PM

Permanently Banned
Very OP, kill my jadgtiger im my base.

P2W rng tricks and calls ruinning the game.
4 Aug 2017, 04:07 AM

rockets always pen, and afaik p47s dont self spot. what does happen those is that axis tanks usually have pintle mounted mgs that will shoot at p47s, revealing themselves in fog of war and the p47s will shoot at them.
4 Aug 2017, 12:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Aug 2017, 20:09 PMBravus
Very OP, kill my jadgtiger im my base.

P2W rng tricks and calls ruinning the game.

Bad troll is bad. If you were fighting out of your base with the longest ranged unit that can 2 shot most tanks it wasnt a dice roll that lost you the game it was the mouse operator
4 Aug 2017, 12:53 PM

Do you guys really think that, comparing with the performance of other abilities, P47 Rockets are balance?

240 Ammo for a "maybe if it hits" tank destroyed and a plane that can be shooted down with 5 seconds by OKW AA.
9 Aug 2017, 00:26 AM

rockets always pen, and afaik p47s dont self spot. what does happen those is that axis tanks usually have pintle mounted mgs that will shoot at p47s, revealing themselves in fog of war and the p47s will shoot at them.

Viewing by stats, they doesn't always pen. Is it some hidden passive?

Tulip rockets have 1000 penetration, so they always pen.
P47 Rockets have 340-380 penetration (there are two penetrations which I don't know what is the correct one)
They may not penetrate some heavy tanks like JGTiger, Elefant, KT and etc (375-525 armor).
10 Aug 2017, 01:06 AM
Patrion 26

Do you guys really think that, comparing with the performance of other abilities, P47 Rockets are balance?

240 Ammo for a "maybe if it hits" tank destroyed and a plane that can be shooted down with 5 seconds by OKW AA.

Exactly! For the cost it should be a reliable ability that you know will do damage to any targets caught by it. Not a possible waste of a huge amount of ammo, which on top of that could be shot down incredibly quickly.
23 Aug 2017, 09:17 AM

One thing that happened yesterday in a game is that all rockets misses a stationary target because they collide on an higher terrain next to the tank. These problems doenst happens to the stuka AT strafe, and it is still more cheaper than p47.
23 Aug 2017, 09:55 AM

really annoyoing on this abitlty is: the planes aim targets which are very far away from the circle.

and the ability have a false circel size on the tactic map
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS