Login

russian armor

Fall Balance Preview: Maxim

How is the 1910 Maxim in the Fall Balance Preview?
Option Distribution Votes
10%
41%
28%
21%
How is the Sustained Fire ability for the 1910 Maxim?
Option Distribution Votes
27%
31%
42%
Total votes: 55
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
24 Jul 2017, 20:51 PM
Developer Relic Badge

So I thought I would gauge one unit in particular that would likely get lost in the Fall Balance Preview discussion since it was so far down the list which is the Maxim HMG.

What are your thoughts on the Maxim in the Fall Balance Preview? How does the HMG perform now with the changes to aim-time, RoF and suppression? Does anything else needed to be added to the HMG or its veterancy 1 ability?

Changes are below:
24 Jul 2017, 20:54 PM
24 Jul 2017, 20:56 PM

vet 1 ability

What´s the point of the ability and how it should work ?
24 Jul 2017, 22:19 PM

In my opinion FBP maxim itself is ok, but to become viable they really need decent conscript to synergize with.

Unfortunately conscript have not been included in the scope. :(
25 Jul 2017, 15:48 PM
Donator 22

The performance of the maxim is fine in the mod. It suppresses well and deals good damage. So no change needed here. On the other hand, the vet 1 ability has a problem. In all my mod games I never had the need for it. First, it's not really clear what it does exactly, and when you don't have an immediate visual result.
The problem with this ability is, to effectively use it, you have to activate it preemptively. But why do it, if the maxim already suppresses fast enough?
The use mid-combat is also not viable because there is the reload. And with the relatively small arc, the hostile squad is either already suppressed or will get out of the firing arc before the crew has finished reloading.
To sum it up, this ability only works if the maxim is shitty, but now that the maxim is actual good, it's of no use. Maybe it's time to go back to the old sprint ability. Or buff this ability to the point where it's almost an instant pin (don't know if that's really desirable).
Another idea would be, to let the maxim start with 4 men and unlock the 6 men at vet 1.
Either way, the maxim is fine, only the ability needs some work.
25 Jul 2017, 15:59 PM

In my opinion FBP maxim itself is ok, but to become viable they really need decent conscript to synergize with.

Unfortunately conscript have not been included in the scope. :(

Mission: Give DP 1928 to cons 2017 :*( #believeinscope
25 Jul 2017, 21:57 PM

Maxim FeelsGoodMan. Only thing it needs is for Cons to get ironed out because flamer engie spam (while entertaining) can't carry you to mid game all on its own.
26 Jul 2017, 04:14 AM

What´s the point of the ability and how it should work ?
26 Jul 2017, 05:19 AM

The maxims needs to be back to the stats before the nerf in WBP, in terms of damage and supression it was good the problem was that it had high mobility because of the set up time and the sprint ability, and high survivability because of the squad size, it just needed an increased set up time, the removal of the sprint ability and an increased model reinforce cost

The ability in my opinion it needs to be incendiary/armor piercing rounds, like the other mgs
26 Jul 2017, 09:44 AM

Instead of these buffs try removing the change magazine from the vet 1 ability.

That would make vet 1 ability easier to use and maxim spam less viable while keeping vetted maxims relative in the game.
26 Jul 2017, 14:03 PM

I think vet1 should be reducing crew reinforce cost from 20mp to like 18mp (10%) or reducing popcap cost, this will make Maxim scale better late game when crazy DPS anti-inf weapons are all around and you won't bleed MP like a pig to keep it alive
28 Jul 2017, 10:41 AM

I think the vets is really good

If enemy squad stays in green cover against maxim vet1 ability will eventually out-DPS the squad in the cover (or even suppress it after some time :) )
28 Jul 2017, 22:23 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Look Replay highlight+ my other game :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment