Login

russian armor

2v2 Games

12 Jul 2017, 14:41 PM

Hello people,

I' ve been playing for 2 weeks 2v2 with a friend and we 're losing a lot of games as allies. We are old in strategy games but rather noobs in coh2. My friend plays always UKF (he cannot play any other faction) vanguard or cancer commander and I go USF. In most of the games we have a relatively good start but late game we really suck vs german tanks and forces. I play Calliope most of the times but I will try wolverines in order to face german tanks effectively (especially those damn tigers).
Do u belive that taking both players UKF is better? If yes, which doctrines and plan?
Are there any exemplary replays for allied play in 2v2 after the last patch anywhere?
Thanx in advance.
12 Jul 2017, 14:48 PM
Patrion 14

I am not a strategist but a strategist would tell you that a replay will help. Without replays, I can suggest build orders but that is too prescriptive. I am just gonna say USF is good in 2v2 and I will argue you guys are better off as UKF and USF than UKF and UKF.

Watching 2v2 casts with USF will help, too.
https://www.coh2.org/topic/31676/tightrope-shoutcasts/post/609576
https://www.coh2.org/topic/31676/tightrope-shoutcasts/post/596935

If you are noobs, are you guys noobs in a way that you guys micro bad or do not work together and play 2 1v1s? The latter, if that is the case, should be the priority to fix.
12 Jul 2017, 14:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2017, 14:48 PMpigsoup
I am not a strategist but a strategist would tell you that a replay will help. Without replays, I can suggest build orders but that is too prescriptive. I am just gonna say USF is good in 2v2 and I will argue you guys are better off as UKF and USF than UKF and UKF.

Watching 2v2 casts with USF will help, too.

If you are noobs, are you guys noobs in a way that you guys micro bad or do not work together and play 2 1v1s? The latter, if that is the case, should be the priority to fix.

Yes we 're trying to fix this too. We bought mics in order to communicate directly because sometimes we are playing 2 1v1 till late midgame.
Are there any statistics for wins/losses in 2v2 games?
12 Jul 2017, 14:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2017, 14:52 PMEYFYHS

Are there any statistics for wins/losses in 2v2 games?

12 Jul 2017, 20:59 PM

It might be good to clarify what that means...

That graph means that the win ratios of the top 250 players range from 66% to 79%. On average the top 2v2 players win about 72.5% of the time. So around a 3 to 1 ratio.
12 Jul 2017, 21:15 PM

It might be good to clarify what that means...

That graph means that the win ratios of the top 250 players range from 66% to 79%. On average the top 2v2 players win about 72.5% of the time. So around a 3 to 1 ratio.

yeh sry my bad, should have mentioned that.

And the main thing this stats show is the huge effect on 2v2 from Winter Balance Patch and the GCS Balance Patch (from pretty allies-favored to pretty axis-favored) that have been released in late March + early April 2017
13 Jul 2017, 09:03 AM

So does this mean that Axis is quite heavily favored in comparison to Allies atm? I mean 67% to 80% is a huge margin. Does this translate to success for lower players too? I am currently playing Allies with a friend (UKF + Soviets at Rank 900ish) and we consider joining the Axis cuz it seems stronger in this patch. What combo is better for them in 2v2? Double OKW or OKW + Ostheer? And which commanders would you guys recommend in this meta?
13 Jul 2017, 10:58 AM

Is those charts present 2v2 random mode or do they also include AT?
13 Jul 2017, 12:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2017, 09:03 AMShivara
So does this mean that Axis is quite heavily favored in comparison to Allies atm? I mean 67% to 80% is a huge margin. Does this translate to success for lower players too? I am currently playing Allies with a friend (UKF + Soviets at Rank 900ish) and we consider joining the Axis cuz it seems stronger in this patch. What combo is better for them in 2v2? Double OKW or OKW + Ostheer? And which commanders would you guys recommend in this meta?

What I believe is that taking Axis just because "they win" is wrong. Every faction has its own play style.I play a faction a lot, in order to learn the units,abilities,different commanders and when I'm full of it, I choose to squize another faction. I also believe that new players in most of the times prefer Russians where losing a whole conscript unit is not as bad as losing an obersoldaten unit for example.
Anyway I think that for 2v2 games there is not so much material (e.g. guides) as for 1v1. That's a pity because playing with a friend is much more fun than playing alone.
A good idea for the srtategists is to create a series of 2v2 guides with several compositions of factions: UK & USF, UK & RU or OB & OB, OB & WER. It's worth it I guess.
18 Jul 2017, 09:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2017, 12:17 PMEYFYHS

What I believe is that taking Axis just because "they win" is wrong. Every faction has its own play style.I play a faction a lot, in order to learn the units,abilities,different commanders and when I'm full of it, I choose to squize another faction. I also believe that new players in most of the times prefer Russians where losing a whole conscript unit is not as bad as losing an obersoldaten unit for example.
Anyway I think that for 2v2 games there is not so much material (e.g. guides) as for 1v1. That's a pity because playing with a friend is much more fun than playing alone.
A good idea for the srtategists is to create a series of 2v2 guides with several compositions of factions: UK & USF, UK & RU or OB & OB, OB & WER. It's worth it I guess.

It is difficult to help you without some replays to see your level of play.

But USF is viable on 2vs2 to a certain extend (no late game except the pershing). So you need to play really aggressively early game.
-I recommend you to build an early mortar, like after building 2 Riflemen, build a mortar and use the mortar barrage together with your riflemen when you push. This mean having already the mortar in range and barrage available when you are starting to push to a sector.

-Tech T1 first (lieutenant), as I say you need to be super aggressive early game, and going T2 first (Captain) doesn't give you any aggressiveness on the first ten minutes. With T1 tech, you must unlock Bazooka and BARs and dedicate some of your first munition (100) to equip a dual zook on your Rear Echelon squad or 1 riflemen squad. This squad isn't mean to be use to push on first line, but to stay between your mortar and your main force to prevent a light vehicle counter push.
you can build 2x HMG.50 and use them in concert with your infantry when you push, they have a really good dps and will suppress faster your opponent + they have a fast setup. Be careful, do not build 2 HMG if your opponent already have 2 mortars.

-Do not forget to cap victory points, they are your target, you must hold them to bleed your enemy victory points as much as bleeding them from manpower. In many maps there is at least one victory point on your side, build a fighting position upgraded to keep it from flanking. It sounds maybe crazy but a fighting position cost only 120 manpower + 60 munition and doesn't cost you any upkeep or popcap.

-In any cases, building a fighting position is never a bad decision if you know where to position it. I should write a post about it. Short version = build one to cover your flank but a bit behind your lines to not be in natural range of enemy mortar/ISG.

-A Half-track or a M20 is also not a bad decision, but you need to learn to use them and to not lose them too fast. they are both useful early game if well used. Here again, the more pressure you put early

-Tech Tier2, You can decide to tech tier2 after tier1, do not forget to build an ATgun in this case as you may be late in teching and facing Pz4/Panthers before being able to build your own tank. But having a HT + a Stuart helps a lot to keep pressuring your opponent, of course at this stage of the game you should be regularly cutting them from Fuel/Munition/Victory points to rentabilize your investment.

-In addition to T2 you must learn to use and position your Atguns. An Atgun can be utterly useless if you don't know how to position it or being a devastating counter if you know how to position it vs any type of tank. I have sometime my Atguns being the biggest damage dealers of my game, getting them vet3.

-Tier3, A sherman helps also to push further but depending on your Anti-tank capability available, a Jackson first can be more interesting.

Vs Ostheer, unlocking grenade first may help you a lot vs HMGs. If the map is a camping paradise, you may invest in 2 mortars.

Vs OKW, if you see many volks or Panzerfusillers, investing in 2 HMG.50 will help you a lot to control his blob.

14 Sep 2017, 06:32 AM

Axis is quite heavily favored in comparison to Allies atm
_________
bullet force
20 Sep 2017, 16:10 PM
Admin Red  Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2017, 06:32 AMayden88
Axis is quite heavily favored in comparison to Allies atm

If we're talking about double OKW then Axis have the advantage of requiring less input (smart positioning, micro, etc) for victory than Allies. Other than that combination, nope.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★