Login

russian armor

Bofors + Cancer counter

19 Jun 2017, 02:39 AM

How do you counter a bofors + cancer doctrine. Its either repairing or bracing all the time. And what is up with it penetrating armour? Does it get that now as it vets up or is it doctrinal? I left a couple of tank facing it for some long-term damage drilling and then noticed the bofors shots are doing alot more than they did earlier. (Yeah i saw the instance where it AT guns killed my tanks)

19 Jun 2017, 10:38 AM

Note. not at home, so haven't watched your replay. I hope that you will still alow me my two cents :)

I am generally a patient man, but I don't have much love for people spamming emplacements and the adv. emplacement commander simply has too many things building, reenforcing and reparing its emplacements. It's not that it is unbeatable, it just makes the game a slow and unfunny drag :(

Having said that Whermacht has more options for handling emplacement spam than their OKW brothers, who are more or less stuck with ISGs.

First you have to avoid any areas with bofors emplacements and focus your energy on other areas. Building the bofors means that you can outgun your opponent anywhere else on the map.

Once you tech up and accrue a few CP some options open up for handeling the emplacements.

Doctrinal options.

- Mortar HT can pepper the emplacements from afar and have the incindary shells which will kill anything that tries to repair it. They do however take quite a while to finish the job if the opponent braces and repairs outside the flame attacks.

- Spotting scopes and stugs will make them spot and outrange the bofors and make short work of them regardless of brace and repair.

-Railway artillery will take away huge swaths of health from the bofors and wipe anything nearby. any tanks or well times rockets/bundle grenades should be enough to finish them.

Non-doctrinal options.

- Snipers with hold fire can do an excellent job of spotting for your AT guns and Stugs, as well as anything else that outranges the bofors. once you have mediums and LOS the bofors becomes more or less redundant.

- if the opponent makes the mistake of building the bofors near a shot blocker a Flame ht will make veery short work of it with the attack ground option. Just remember that even a slight miscalculation revealing your ht will make the bofors end its exsistence in a single burst. Also shot blockers like walls and trees can sometimes be destroyed by the bofors attack ground, so permanent blockers like buildings and thick woods are a better solution.

- In a pinch it is always possible to use tanks and at guns to attack ground at the bofors into the FoW, but this is an inconsistent and long process if you are fighting fortified emplacements with repair options.

I hope these tips will help you make short work of sim city builders and move on to more interesting and diverse matches :)

Edit: to your last question the bofors does not get more penetration with veterancy and to my knowledge hasn't got more pen in any patches that I recall. The vet bonii are as follows:
vet 1 - +50% rotation,+50% rotation speed
vet 2 - +20% Sight
Vet 3 - +50% health

Source: https://www.coh2.org/guides/29892/the-company-of-heroes-2-veterancy-guide
19 Jun 2017, 10:58 AM

Simple: Surrender
19 Jun 2017, 11:48 AM

Simple: Surrender

+1

19 Jun 2017, 14:36 PM

I find that the most important thing with countering Emplacement Spam is to realize that no matter what you do you won't ever be able to clear them away easily and they must be tackled in two phases 1) Force the Brace 2) Prepare the follow-up

Many players make the mistake of a one dimensional counter approach (E.g 2 Mortars ) but Brace and Repair almost always outpaces this. For this reason you need to have a follow-up ready (such as any of Josh's suggestions). The key is that you wait until brace wears off and THEN attack with the Follow-up so that the Brit has the least amount of time to force off the second wave. You just have to be patient and persistent with your pressure (Try Shift Queueing Mortar attack ground after barrage).

I love Mechanized for dealing with Sim City (spotting scopes + LeFH helps SO much). Also keep in mind that heavy Bofors and Emplacement Play is very immobile and depending on the map you can sometimes play around it and just harass cut-offs or fuel points to buy yourself enough time to get proper counters out.

19 Jun 2017, 16:27 PM

I find that the most important thing with countering Emplacement Spam is to realize that no matter what you do you won't ever be able to clear them away easily and they must be tackled in two phases 1) Force the Brace 2) Prepare the follow-up

Many players make the mistake of a one dimensional counter approach (E.g 2 Mortars ) but Brace and Repair almost always outpaces this. For this reason you need to have a follow-up ready (such as any of Josh's suggestions). The key is that you wait until brace wears off and THEN attack with the Follow-up so that the Brit has the least amount of time to force off the second wave. You just have to be patient and persistent with your pressure (Try Shift Queueing Mortar attack ground after barrage).

I love Mechanized for dealing with Sim City (spotting scopes + LeFH helps SO much). Also keep in mind that heavy Bofors and Emplacement Play is very immobile and depending on the map you can sometimes play around it and just harass cut-offs or fuel points to buy yourself enough time to get proper counters out.

+1
20 Jun 2017, 07:07 AM

I can't believe I forgot to mention LeFH o_O

Just one of those is arguably the best chemotherapy for emplacement spams (provided you can wait until 8 CP) and once that's done most 1v1 maps are of a size that makes it possible to bombard the base where you estimate his units routing :)
22 Jun 2017, 14:40 PM

Vs cancer, try to spot the forward assembly and focus it first. It can't brace and don't have a lot of HP.
If he used it as FRP, its 550mp reduced to ashes...
22 Jun 2017, 15:43 PM

and any advice for this , 7 emplacement at mid and north :(
22 Jun 2017, 16:07 PM

Mortars or ISGs can handle emplacements just fine. As a bonus, they're both great against Tommies (who need to be still to be effective.) Just keep them moving so the counterfire doesn't get you, and be prepared for him when he comes for them.
22 Jun 2017, 17:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2017, 16:07 PMWygrif
Mortars or ISGs can handle emplacements just fine. As a bonus, they're both great against Tommies (who need to be still to be effective.) Just keep them moving so the counterfire doesn't get you, and be prepared for him when he comes for them.

And for fucks sake, don't let them go right next to each other and both get taken out by one mortar shell as a result, then claim everything OP and uncounterable. Spread your mortars/isgs out kiddos :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★