Login

russian armor

Main gun Crit

12 Jun 2017, 11:07 AM

This critical is just the definition of bad game design. I have had multiple tanks or either fought multiple tanks in recent games that had roughly 35-40% health remaining, get hit and receive the gun crit, which is a certain death for every tank when facing a competent player.

This, if it is not obvious, is totally random and you simply get punished because the game decides you should get punished. There is no skill or tactics involved, just pure luck. Now luck isn't a bad thing in our world, but in a 'competitive' game, this sort of thing shouldn't happen.

THIS NEEDS TO GO.
12 Jun 2017, 11:51 AM

This critical is just the definition of bad game design. I have had multiple tanks or either fought multiple tanks in recent games that had roughly 35-40% health remaining, get hit and receive the gun crit, which is a certain death for every tank when facing a competent player.

This, if it is not obvious, is totally random and you simply get punished because the game decides you should get punished. There is no skill or tactics involved, just pure luck. Now luck isn't a bad thing in our world, but in a 'competitive' game, this sort of thing shouldn't happen.

THIS NEEDS TO GO.

I thought it can occur only on <25% HP. Can you post a replay and link to it?
12 Jun 2017, 12:30 PM

I thought it can occur only on <25% HP. Can you post a replay and link to it?

Dont have replays but witnessed alot of wierd things with gun crits occuring at the 30-40% Mark( no not 25% or below because you kinda see when the bar is 1/4 empty)

A bit offtopic: I remember reading something about repairing crits, that they should be repaired at 75% now instead of 100% ? Because sometimes crts gets repaired at 75% and sometimes it needs to be fully repaired :huhsign:
12 Jun 2017, 13:26 PM

Dont have replays but witnessed alot of wierd things with gun crits occuring at the 30-40% Mark( no not 25% or below because you kinda see when the bar is 1/4 empty)

A bit offtopic: I remember reading something about repairing crits, that they should be repaired at 75% now instead of 100% ? Because sometimes crts gets repaired at 75% and sometimes it needs to be fully repaired :huhsign:

Yeah this makes no sense either lol
12 Jun 2017, 14:40 PM

I think we should leave it alone. I'm not exactly in favour if devolving the game. Not to mention that luck plays an important part of war. Stops the game from being stale and allows players with enough luck to have a chance of turning things around.

Don't deny it, Dangerous-Cloth! You surely had moments where Lady Luck showed you some love and bailed you out of bad situations. Remember the relief of those moments? Do you really want to throw those wonderful moments away from all future matches?
12 Jun 2017, 15:14 PM
Donator 11

Two words: risk management /thread
12 Jun 2017, 15:37 PM

war is chaos and is far more random than coh2 psuedo-random number generator
12 Jun 2017, 15:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think it takes 100% for mines but only 75% for snares.

Regarding crits: they apply after the damage is done, not before. If your health drops belows 25% it might proc. Not sure how the system takes into account health increase through vet.

12 Jun 2017, 16:26 PM

This is a perfect crit for a ability or something along those lines but this crit sucks when its the rng that decides when it should occur. :/
12 Jun 2017, 17:44 PM

I think it takes 100% for mines but only 75% for snares.

that would explain it, but still doenst make sense why it is different for both events..:loco:
12 Jun 2017, 18:52 PM
12 Jun 2017, 19:05 PM
Donator 11

that would explain it, but still doenst make sense why it is different for both events..:loco:

Different HP is needed to repair becouse different HP is needed to damage the engine. Mines damage engine at 100% and snares at 75%. They were both 100% but relic changed this becouse fausts and AT nades made game too static in their minds.
12 Jun 2017, 19:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Not really. It's easier to land a snare through a mobile unit rather than planning ahead and putting a mine. Also, what ferwiner says.
Think about hitting an SU mine with a KT at full health. 1080/1280 around 85%. You would just need to "tap" the vehicle in order to repair it. It would be the same for Tigers and vet2 PV.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 25
South Africa 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment