Login

russian armor

Free Skins or just Relic again?

7 Jun 2017, 08:14 AM

So i started COH2 yesterday and got the notification, that there are some temporary commanders and skins. But its not Relic if something isnt fishy. I can salvage all the dublicates and there is no notification on the skins that they are tamporary only the commanders show this. Did i get the skins for free? Will they be removed? What happens if i salavge those skins? Does somebody know?
7 Jun 2017, 08:22 AM

I accidently salvaged duplicate items. I thought that it was some biuletins. A received tons of gold. Bought new commander :p
7 Jun 2017, 09:51 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I salvaged my duplicate skins and got 30k gold as a result ;)
7 Jun 2017, 09:57 AM
Donator 11

I did this too by mistake. I expect when the promotion ends in 3 days I will discover that I have lost all my usf and okw skins and commanders. This is a major screw up

7 Jun 2017, 09:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jun 2017, 09:57 AMArray
I did this too by mistake. I expect when the promotion ends in 3 days I will discover that I have lost all my usf and okw skins and commanders. This is a major screw up

I HOPE NOT!
7 Jun 2017, 10:14 AM
Donator 11

i strongly guess you won't lose anything, because the remaining skins have no timer. Also if you had a particular skin in your loadout while scrapping, it stays there, which furthermore speaks for the fact that you scrap the timed duplicate
7 Jun 2017, 10:45 AM

the remaining skins have no timer.

Salvageable ones have no timer too.
7 Jun 2017, 11:32 AM

I didn't salvage anything. I fear these duplicates are actually our skins not the "free" limited one.
7 Jun 2017, 12:14 PM
Donator 11

Exactly the question is which 'duplicates' the system has salvaged. The free ones we have been temporarily given ownership of, duplicating things we own(ed)

OR the ones we own(ed) which were considered duplicates because our account appeared to have 2 copies temporarily. I suspect the latter and there is going to be big fallout if so.

Either we have just got a bunch of free supply or we have lost a bunch of stuff we bought/grinded. The salvage value is far lower than the invested value
7 Jun 2017, 12:17 PM
Donator 11

i strongly guess you won't lose anything, because the remaining skins have no timer. Also if you had a particular skin in your loadout while scrapping, it stays there, which furthermore speaks for the fact that you scrap the timed duplicate

There is some logic here, at least with the second point
7 Jun 2017, 17:45 PM

I'm not sure if the system actually differentiates between your owned items and the temporary free items at all. It might just see them as identical and act like this:

1. Give the players 1 copy of an item
2. Wait until the campaign is over
3. Remove 1 copy of the item

In which case it would remove the item that you already owned if you salvaged the other one. It would be amazingly shameful for Relic, but I can easily imagine them doing it.
7 Jun 2017, 18:39 PM

how u can lose these duplicate items? duplicate means u already owned so its no problem to salvage them? :loco:
7 Jun 2017, 19:10 PM

Because the offer is to give you temporarily ALL western front skins right ? So, they give you all,and you already own a part. So you do have copies. The game offers to salvage these duplicates, but and this is the question : wich ones the game salvage ?

Yours ? or the limited ones ? if it's the first choice, you actually salvage your skins, and at the end of the event, the free will disappeared. SO you can have it deep in your a**.
7 Jun 2017, 21:50 PM

Of course it's gonna be our own skins. We are talking about Relic here.
10 Jun 2017, 21:07 PM
Donator 11

lets wait and see
if they dont scrap my skins its great, if they do, great aswell, because then i can complain, on of Germanys national sports ;)
13 Jun 2017, 20:06 PM
Donator 11

Well I wonder what is happening with this. Currently I appear to have all the free skins still i.e. Instead of losing skins I have gained some.

Is this a sticking plaster while they figure out how to sort it out or is it their solution? If so it's generous considering people got free supply too - I guess it depends how many people salvaged.

One player said they had their supply deleted and an email / message stating it was for abuse of the promotion but I read this on the internet so I take it with a pinch of salt.
14 Jun 2017, 10:09 AM

I still have the skins from the event. Dunno when Relic will take them back and what is even more funny is that those skins aren´t buyable with supply currency. I like the olive green color of my US tanks.

24 Jun 2017, 21:18 PM

Small necro...

am I the only one who got all OKW skins for free? Since the event I got about 15 camo schemes for OKW which I didn't have before. And as it seems I can keep them.

Since it's only skins I don't mind pointing that one out. :D
nee
24 Jun 2017, 22:41 PM

According to this, it's all OK with Relic
https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/comment/269452#Comment_269452

Personally I think it's just a milksop to warm us up to love them, leave CoH2 and buy DoW3
25 Jun 2017, 10:48 AM
Donator 11

Yes in the end we got a bunch of free skins and a bunch of free supply. I suppose they had little choice without causing upset or loads of work to undo the error but kudos for them to just let people have a bunch of stuff.

I was a bit curious as to the warpaint skins being free however as surely the non-relic creators who share the revenue are also having their share given away for free?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★