Login

russian armor

How tf do you use fighting positions?

6 Jun 2017, 15:39 PM

I literally never build them (mostly because I mainly use airborne, the biggest mp sink in the game), but I'd imagine they can be useful right? And could they somehow be useful against garrisoned mgs with the free nades every handful of seconds. Anyone got any tips? I'm assuming it's smart to avoid the mg upgrade and just get a real one instead, as you can't target it and you could get a BAR with those munitions.
6 Jun 2017, 17:20 PM

They are the same as bunkers, a speed bump, I rarely upgrade them but the free grenades Rear Echelons get can be quite annoying
6 Jun 2017, 22:33 PM
Donator 33

As outsider said, I tend to use them for the free grenades for my echelons. More of an annoyance to keep enemies moving if needed, as the range is quite good on them.
6 Jun 2017, 23:06 PM

As outsider said, I tend to use them for the free grenades for my echelons. More of an annoyance to keep enemies moving if needed, as the range is quite good on them.

How far is the range anyway? And there isn't any way to manually target where he grenades go right?
7 Jun 2017, 00:31 AM

How far is the range anyway? And there isn't any way to manually target where he grenades go right?

Min range of 25, max range of 40. I think if you select a squad to attack it will fire at that squad, but I'm not sure, I usually hop them out of the position when there's more than 1 squad in the area.
21 Jun 2017, 10:10 AM

Early game to deny a House cover close to your cutoff, better if placed behind a edge. It serves well on many 1vs1 map with those pesky buildings.
On ettelshit station map, you can deny the train station from garrisoning as example.
On 3 ponts, you can build one or two as well to deny some areas early on.

Midgame, if you float MP, you can build 1 or 2 to cover a flank. This depends on how many indirect fire your opponent has. If he went full volks or full gren, you can build one or two, it will force him to build a mortar.

Late game, same as midgame.

-Do not put them on the frontline cuz they get destroy fast.
-You can build a couple of tank trap to protect them from direct fire.
-They are cheap and do not cost pop, so if you have some munition left, upgrade them so you can focus on your attack.
-The HMG pin really fast actually, there isn't a single squad that can decap under its fire.
21 Jun 2017, 14:21 PM

MG Fighting Positions are okay if they are built early to lockdown a VP, choke point, or very defensively to cover a cut-off that's being harassed often. If anything they can be built to force your opponent's hand in their build order. Otherwise they are too fragile to be built late unless your are in one of those last minute VP struggle games and desperately need to protect a VP from lone squad decaps.

Sometimes you can build them as bait and place a few mines in the area/ on approach and when they rush in a tank to take care of the FP they'll hit your mine and be screwed.
22 Jun 2017, 12:43 PM

As others have said they are at their best when used somewhat defensively to protect cut-offs or a corner fuel point from being ninja-capped by an enemy infantry unit.

I also played one of my friends once on crossing in the wood, where as the northern player he placed the figtting position on his side of the bridge so the mg was covering both the bridge and the crossing on the right side. This meant that none of my infantry could cap the center vp or flank it from the side closest to my base. He also supported it with an at gun and mines, which didn't exactly make my lige any easier.

Eventually I brought it down and defeated him, but he certainly got his money's worth with that one.
22 Jun 2017, 13:53 PM

I never use these, they are a waste of mp. They feel just as useless as okw flak emplacement
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★