Login

russian armor

ISU-152

1 Jun 2017, 01:09 AM

What even is this thing? I've seen it like 3 times ever. Is it some sort of elefant/jt analogue with sherman-esque round switching or what? I'd also be very grateful if someone could post its stats (like reload time, damage, pen, health and armor) alongside jt and ele stats if it is comparable.
1 Jun 2017, 02:20 AM

ISU 152 is the most glorious of all tanks. Unfortunately It can be killed by a single puma or defeated by a rock on the ground.
1 Jun 2017, 03:40 AM

Its super craptastic as an AT platform, so you're better off thinking of it as an anti-infantry Elephant. The stats, minus costs, haven't changed in a while so I'm pretty sure these are up to date.

http://stat.coh2.hu/squad.php?filename=jagdtiger_td_squad_mp
http://stat.coh2.hu/squad.php?filename=elefant_tank_destroyer_squad_mp
http://stat.coh2.hu/squad.php?filename=isu-152_mp

1 Jun 2017, 14:14 PM

Its super craptastic as an AT platform, so you're better off thinking of it as an anti-infantry Elephant. The stats, minus costs, haven't changed in a while so I'm pretty sure these are up to date.

http://stat.coh2.hu/squad.php?filename=jagdtiger_td_squad_mp
http://stat.coh2.hu/squad.php?filename=elefant_tank_destroyer_squad_mp
http://stat.coh2.hu/squad.php?filename=isu-152_mp

How come it's so bad at AT? I found the stats and doesn't the gun do like 240 damage? Is it because of the penetration or what? (I don't really know much about penetration values period, like what's good and bad or anything).

Edit: I see now (I think). It has like half the penetration of the elefant lol. Can't it still counter mediums or even panthers from long range tho? I'm mostly wondering because jacksons and su85s get hard countered by jt and ele, which have like double the range too.
1 Jun 2017, 14:16 PM

How come it's so bad at AT? I found the stats and doesn't the gun do like 240 damage? Is it because of the penetration or what? (I don't really know much about penetration values period, like what's good and bad or anything).

because ISU hits the ground in 80% of the time. combine that with low reloadspeed and you got the answer
1 Jun 2017, 14:18 PM

because ISU hits the ground in 80% of the time. combine that with low reloadspeed and you got the answer

Ah. So basically like the old raketenwefer but shittier. Shouldn't that get fixed as a QoL thing then?
1 Jun 2017, 16:25 PM

Half the Soviet arsenal went unused for years, OKW flak emplacements and USF Recon/Mech have been worthless since WFA launch and Stuka CAS has been one-shotting tanks since initial release. Of course it should be fixed, but this is Relic we're talking about.

Thankfully the community team is on top of things. The ISU fires in an arc right now and I'm pretty sure I remember Miragefla mentioning on his stream that they were going to give the ISU shell terrain-phasing instead in v1.4.
1 Jun 2017, 16:28 PM
Donator 11

ISU 152 is the most glorious of all tanks. Unfortunately It can be killed by a single puma or defeated by a rock on the ground.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
1 Jun 2017, 17:38 PM

What even is this thing? I've seen it like 3 times ever. Is it some sort of elefant/jt analogue with sherman-esque round switching or what? I'd also be very grateful if someone could post its stats (like reload time, damage, pen, health and armor) alongside jt and ele stats if it is comparable.

It's mostly a self-propelled dshka with some armor and a lot of fuel cost. The main gun takes an eon to reload, only to watch the shell harmlessly hit the ground (like the raketen as someone pointed out, maybe worse). I think they're trying to fix the problem with the main gun in the unofficial patch but some people were saying that the shell moves really slow.
1 Jun 2017, 18:34 PM
Patrion 310

ISU with HE using attack ground is really strong at killing infantry. But it hits the ground all the time. AP is fairly worthless on anything above a medium tank.

Also its countered by Ele / JT which are in most games so...
1 Jun 2017, 18:56 PM
Donator 11

The ISU-152 has similar firepower to su85 against tanks when switched to armour piercing. But it is a really expensive su85 and it doesn't self spot any more. So in fact in 99% of cases you just keep it on HE rounds and wipe infantry left right and center. That is, unitl elefant or JT come into play. They hardcounter isu152 becouse it can't outrange AT any more. So you have to be really careful with it then. It is still worth it if you manage to wipe some vet squads at this stage of the game but getting it when its counters are already on the map is not a good use of your resources.
1 Jun 2017, 19:36 PM

Considering all the nerfs to soviets why not buff units like KW1 KW2 ISU IS2 etc?

Before somebody says "EFA revamp". These changes are not enough and come along with nerfs like increased pop-cap.

Why not make the ISU152 a 600MP/200F AI tank. Remove it´s AP rounds and allow it to perform a clear role: Slow, not very mobile but capable of killing infantry at long-ranges. Now it has a weird mixed role of generally very poor AT and way overpriced AI.

1 Jun 2017, 19:42 PM

Back in the day it was pretty OP before they added the ammo switching because it was anti-everything. It's actually pretty good in the unofficial Eastern Army mod since they fixed the shell trajectory and added hefty deflection damage to the AP rounds so that it always deals respectable damage as supplemental AT. Right now it doesn't add much more over IS2 except for some extra range - at best its a poor man's KT that you can camp VPs with on HE mode.
1 Jun 2017, 22:33 PM

Wait so shouldn't it be near the same level as ele/jt instead of getting hard countered by it? (just like everything else on wheels lol) Because that could help solve the problem of axis heavy TDs reigning unopposed. I mean, miragefla hinted at adding anti-infantry functionality to the ele in the EFA revamp thread, so why not make the ISU the sole allied heavy TD, even if that does warrant a cost increase?
2 Jun 2017, 04:28 AM

Wait so shouldn't it be near the same level as ele/jt instead of getting hard countered by it? (just like everything else on wheels lol) Because that could help solve the problem of axis heavy TDs reigning unopposed. I mean, miragefla hinted at adding anti-infantry functionality to the ele in the EFA revamp thread, so why not make the ISU the sole allied heavy TD, even if that does warrant a cost increase?

Why? Its a AI/AT hybrid tank and should lose to dedicated AT only tanks
No it should not bei near the same Level in Terms of AT
2 Jun 2017, 14:30 PM

ISU152 is basically the anti infantry version of Elefant/JT.

And it's really, really good at it. Even without the help of RNGesus it will reliably kill 4 models out of a 5 model squad. When supported with appropriate AT they can rack up insane kill counts. You don't see them very often but when I see them used correctly they can get over 100 kills in a match.
2 Jun 2017, 14:36 PM

Why? Its a AI/AT hybrid tank and should lose to dedicated AT only tanks
No it should not bei near the same Level in Terms of AT

I see your point but 1) balance team is contemplating giving elefant an AI utility 2) kt can fight jacksons and su85s, so why not ISU at least be able to penetrate an elefant? 3) What counters elefant and JT? Magic?
2 Jun 2017, 14:47 PM
Donator 11

I see your point but 1) balance team is contemplating giving elefant an AI utility 2) kt can fight jacksons and su85s, so why not ISU at least be able to penetrate an elefant? 3) What counters elefant and JT? Magic?

ISU-152 can penetrate elefant frontally in live with a probability of 58%. If you use the special ability it has you can also shoot a single round that penetrates elefant with probability of 94%. Both deal 240 damage.

As for the counters - yes these tanks have counters. Their main counters are flanking late war medium tanks. JT and elefant also have problems running from off maps like bomb strikes, especially when stunned or guard pinned.

We already had a time when Ele and ISU were best tanks in game and the only way to counter them was to get one of your own. It was sooo damn boring. It is true that every unit in rts game needs a way to counter it, but it is sick if there are two units that are possible to counter only using each other. It is against basic rules of rts design.
2 Jun 2017, 14:51 PM

ISU152 is basically the anti infantry version of Elefant/JT.

And it's really, really good at it. Even without the help of RNGesus it will reliably kill 4 models out of a 5 model squad. When supported with appropriate AT they can rack up insane kill counts. You don't see them very often but when I see them used correctly they can get over 100 kills in a match.

Intriguing. Sounds like an answer to late game vet5 okw blobs.
2 Jun 2017, 15:02 PM

Intriguing. Sounds like an answer to late game vet5 okw blobs.

Although I feel KV2 fits this role better than the clunky ISU 152
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS