Login

russian armor

Mortar Pit - Minimum Range + Friendly Fire?

31 May 2017, 12:19 PM

if mortar pits get a nerf leigs should get a nerf too to their autoshoot range atleast, they cover most of the 1v1 maps

- ISG have not the impact like the Mortar emplacment...and they cost nearly the double of this brits unit.

- ISGs dont stand a massive attack/ callin/ bombard like the mortar emplacment
- ISG cost much manpower while under attack from other indirect fire...not like the mortat emplacvemnt...which doesnt eat your manpower..

so no..
31 May 2017, 12:49 PM

I like this! I also like the suggestion to remove auto fire from all mortars as well.
31 May 2017, 15:41 PM

Glad to see you support this, Dangerous. :)

Though I can't agree with removing Auto-Fire from all Mortars. They are there to ease the burden of your forces, not add to them through a micro tax. Think of how much attention you'll have to give them when using a Soviet Mortar for example with 4 rounds for every barrage. Might be an overnerf. :/

Only if you could choose between a mortar pit and a mobile mortar like you can choose between the aec or the bofors...

Admittedly, this would be a nice excuse to add a mobile alternative but alas... We are years past the Beta stages. Would have loved to see a Universal Carrier armed with a Mortar.
31 May 2017, 16:41 PM

Though I can't agree with removing Auto-Fire from all Mortars. They are there to ease the burden of your forces, not add to them through a micro tax. Think of how much attention you'll have to give them when using a Soviet Mortar for example with 4 rounds for every barrage. Might be an overnerf. :/

Admittedly, this would be a nice excuse to add a mobile alternative but alas... We are years past the Beta stages. Would have loved to see a Universal Carrier armed with a Mortar.

Well the UC with mortar would indeed be the dream but isnt going to happen, we have to work with the units we have I guess unless someone has the skills to make a accurate model of the actual UC with the mortar inside and make the proper animations. :D

If we removed the auto-fire (which would make the game a bit more realistic :thumbsup: ) we would have to buff the mortars precision and remove the cooldown of the barrage. I mean the first mortar shot would always be the less acurate and with each shot the mortar would get more and more accurate, this would give the other player some time to react, if he didnt we would be more punished than otherwise he would be if he moved in time. I mean, we dont see artillery pieces firing on their own. :D
31 May 2017, 17:23 PM

If we went the route of removing Auto-Fire, I'd hope we at least get an Overwatch function. Designate an area of maybe 50 Range where you tell your Mortar Crew, "Alright lads, if anybody comes to this location, pound them into submission!" Which would make the game a bit more realistic! :thumbsup:

:P
31 May 2017, 17:48 PM

I support the idea of reduced/remived auto fire, but across all mortars, not just the pit.

Also (now hear me out) what about replacing its vet 1 with a victor target type ability using the base howis (make the much needed smoke non doc) to allow it an option to scale outside raw, annoying durability
31 May 2017, 18:07 PM

I vote for small office weels under any Mordor Pit!
31 May 2017, 19:35 PM

Glad to see you support this, Dangerous. :)

No, you are just de facto twisting my words.

And when I said replace them I actually meant my idea for the replacing of the pit with a mobile mortar while keeping the emplacement as a garrisonable such and not one that comes already with mortars inside.

And I said them because I was just finished replying in the other active topic about emplacements.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 55
Germany 2
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak