Login

russian armor

jagdtiger APCBDC ACDC HIGHWAY TO HELL SHELLS

22 May 2017, 03:45 AM

This seems unreasonable given how strong the unit already is. Why can this thing shoot through buildings? On a map with long roads the only way an allied team/player can get to this thing will be using buildings to protect their armour. So it can fire through buildings for #) FREAKING SECONDS. Admittedly I'm note aware that I have encountered this myself, it just seems fundamentally BS.

video from tightrope at 01:10 shows it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJg6AM29VXI&feature=em-subs_digest
22 May 2017, 04:27 AM

This seems unreasonable given how strong the unit already is. Why can this thing shoot through buildings? On a map with long roads the only way an allied team/player can get to this thing will be using buildings to protect their armour. So it can fire through buildings for #) FREAKING SECONDS. Admittedly I'm note aware that I have encountered this myself, it just seems fundamentally BS.

video from tightrope at 01:10 shows it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJg6AM29VXI&feature=em-subs_digest

I don't see this as an issue at all, one would assume AP shells of that size should shoot through many many walls on their way to a target. Probably most of the tank's shells in this game should even with out any AP ability to be honest.

Of more of a concern to me is how it some times bugs out and shoots twice depending on when you activate the ability (not just the five/three seconds shown in the video), I have seen it fire twice almost instantly after activation. Seems like a bug that needs to be addressed.

Edit: that video is great. His knowledge of the game is on point!
22 May 2017, 05:22 AM

oh, wow, a 800mp 290FU shooting forward unit is good at shooting forward!!!!
22 May 2017, 05:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2017, 04:27 AMNano

I don't see this as an issue at all, one would assume AP shells of that size should shoot through many many walls on their way to a target. Probably most of the tank's shells in this game should even with out any AP ability to be honest.

I'm less concerned about the reality and what is good for the game. When you're trying to hunt one of these things with US tanks you need to be able to use the cover to position you tanks. It just seems wrong, especially that it lasts for 30 seconds and works when other units spot for it.

Yeah those guys videos are amazing, especially when the rubbish truck arrives in the background.
22 May 2017, 05:26 AM

oh, wow, a 800mp 290FU shooting forward unit is good at shooting forward!!!!

Thanks for engaging in the discussion, you seem like a cool guy that people love to be around let's trade contact details.
22 May 2017, 05:32 AM

Fun fact: The Jagdtigers 12,8cm kwk44 firng a 28,3cm shell at 1000m/s has more muzzle energy than the Leopards Rheinmetall gun.

Has no balance meaning but a fun fact non the less
22 May 2017, 13:51 PM

Thanks for engaging in the discussion, you seem like a cool guy that people love to be around let's trade contact details.

I like your style man... I like it
22 May 2017, 15:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2017, 05:32 AMDomine
Fun fact: The Jagdtigers 12,8cm kwk44 firng a 28,3cm shell at 1000m/s has more muzzle energy than the Leopards Rheinmetall gun.

Has no balance meaning but a fun fact non the less

Clearly Nazi technology was superior to even what we have 70 years later. ~s

Even by game standards this argument doesn't make sense.

Firing through a building means going through at least 2 and probably many more walls (of various construction) and would still have affected projectile speed, trajectory and probably stability. A tumbling projectile will not have the same effect, which is pretty much the whole purpose of rifling or fin-stabilization.

The argument for a bunker busting projectile from a 152 makes a bit more sense, but probably still shouldn't be in a game where shot blockers are so important.
22 May 2017, 15:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

TIL KT has double tapping.
22 May 2017, 16:11 PM

let's trade contact details.

i would, however i can't find your playercard anywhere to do so
22 May 2017, 16:27 PM

So, uh, did you even know or care about this ability before Tightrope's video? Honestly I doubt this ability rarely heavily impacts games (especially 1v1s) - you mostly only see Jadgtigers on maps with long narrow corridors or wide open spaces where this ability is a complete non-factor. I guarantee 90% of the player base won't ever use this ability regularly or to great effect.

Yes, the double-tap "feature" should be fixed but that's a no brainer, let's not exaggerate this ability like the Jadgtiger is its old Pak-43 on treads self.
22 May 2017, 16:40 PM

i would, however i can't find your playercard anywhere to do so

The burn is not of this world!
22 May 2017, 16:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2017, 15:04 PMAvNY

Clearly Nazi technology was superior to even what we have 70 years later. ~s

Even by game standards this argument doesn't make sense.

Firing through a building means going through at least 2 and probably many more walls (of various construction) and would still have affected projectile speed, trajectory and probably stability. A tumbling projectile will not have the same effect, which is pretty much the whole purpose of rifling or fin-stabilization.

The argument for a bunker busting projectile from a 152 makes a bit more sense, but probably still shouldn't be in a game where shot blockers are so important.

Actually there are historical reports of German heavy TDs firing thru walls. The high speed projectiles where hardly affected from few bricks and could actually destroy the average allied tank with easy.
22 May 2017, 17:46 PM

So, uh, did you even know or care about this ability before Tightrope's video? Honestly I doubt this ability rarely heavily impacts games (especially 1v1s) - you mostly only see Jadgtigers on maps with long narrow corridors or wide open spaces where this ability is a complete non-factor. I guarantee 90% of the player base won't ever use this ability regularly or to great effect.

Yes, the double-tap "feature" should be fixed but that's a no brainer, let's not exaggerate this ability like the Jadgtiger is its old Pak-43 on treads self.

Nah, like i said, I have never actually seen it used, it just seems a bit crazy to me. I'm not at a level where my opponents do stuff like this.
22 May 2017, 20:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2017, 16:42 PMVipper

Actually there are historical reports of German heavy TDs firing thru walls. The high speed projectiles where hardly affected from few bricks and could actually destroy the average allied tank with easy.

There are also reports of Jagdtiger shells bouncing off of a Sherman, but the odd scenario is not what we use to model games (excepting of course magical Nazi kit).

If you want to model things based on what actually happened, give the Nazi cats a 50% random chance of disabled engine, running out of fuel, or track immobility every few minutes. (throw in that the crew can abandon it and preserve their veterancy if you like.)
22 May 2017, 22:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2017, 20:44 PMAvNY

There are also reports of Jagdtiger shells bouncing off of a Sherman, but the odd scenario is not what we use to model games (excepting of course magical Nazi kit).

If you want to model things based on what actually happened, give the Nazi cats a 50% random chance of disabled engine, running out of fuel, or track immobility every few minutes. (throw in that the crew can abandon it and preserve their veterancy if you like.)

I doubt such reports, to a Sherman tanker, everything was a tiger, from a PII to a PVII
nee
23 May 2017, 04:58 AM

Low firing rate and the need to have someone on the other side of those buildings to provide sight in the first place, doesn't make the ability BS. It has its uses, but that use is simply to ignore shotblockers.

On a map designed where a unit like a Jagdtiger could perform well, I'd think it's meant to perform well. I mean you have a point of it was the King Tiger with a turret and machine guns, but JT is practically THE option to get on a map with linear chokepoints for maximum advantage.
23 May 2017, 05:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2017, 04:58 AMnee
Low firing rate and the need to have someone on the other side of those buildings to provide sight in the first place, doesn't make the ability BS. It has its uses, but that use is simply to ignore shotblockers.

On a map designed where a unit like a Jagdtiger could perform well, I'd think it's meant to perform well. I mean you have a point of it was the King Tiger with a turret and machine guns, but JT is practically THE option to get on a map with linear chokepoints for maximum advantage.

The only BS part is the doubletap. That's basically an instakilled TD, or even medium(?) (forgot whether its 2 hits or 3 to kill a medium). There's simply no counterplay options to that, seeing as it has massive range.
nee
23 May 2017, 06:19 AM

I think I recall double tapping an issue with some other units, like HVAP. I also recall they were fixed, so it'd be merely a matter of applying the same to JT.
23 May 2017, 08:24 AM

the video you linked shows pershing...?? so you are fine it being with pershing but not with jadtiger...thats how you detect a blatant fanboy hellbent on nerfing the other faction
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★