Login

russian armor

faction mixing

13 Jun 2017, 14:13 PM
Strategist Badge

British and American forces historically fought together. Would you be okay for UKF and USF to be on the same team?

Also both axis factions are German, would that also break immersion?
13 Jun 2017, 14:54 PM

British and American forces historically fought together. Would you be okay for UKF and USF to be on the same team?

I thought that he meant axis vs axis/ allies vs allies;

I don't like it , but in custom games its simply up to the host. If he's allowing it and you don't like it, move on.
13 Jun 2017, 15:02 PM

Well at the end, the eastern and western fronts basically became one front, so we can have all factions fighting each other lol
13 Jun 2017, 19:33 PM

There was one instance in ww2 where German forces fought German forces. Battle of Castle Itter. Fascinating story.

I think it'd be possible to have soviets v usf/ukf without too much hand waving.

But frankly, until theres balance between axis and allied team makeups, mixed/mirror matches just seem superfluous.
15 Jun 2017, 00:48 AM

There was one instance in ww2 where German forces fought German forces. Battle of Castle Itter. Fascinating story.

I think it'd be possible to have soviets v usf/ukf without too much hand waving.

But frankly, until theres balance between axis and allied team makeups, mixed/mirror matches just seem superfluous.

I agree faction mixing cant possibly be remotely balanced, but worse it disrespects the game at every level, its almost as bad as removing swearing from the in game chat, which was an insult to the intelligence of the player base, like we are a bunch of triggered gender fluid idiots in need of a safe space, it was pretty pathetic at best, I would like Relic to go back to their roots and start being fun again, coh 2 is a better game, but the way its been administrated is piss boring.
15 Jun 2017, 00:56 AM

I don't mind allied V axis, any mix is OK, obviously I would rather allied armies consisted of either western allies or Russians separately, but that's probably asking too much, one can dream, but separating axis and allies via a choice I don't thinks thats much to ask.
15 Jun 2017, 08:06 AM
Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2017, 00:56 AMGenMe

I don't mind allied V axis, any mix is OK, obviously I would rather allied armies consisted of either western allies or Russians separately, but that's probably asking too much, one can dream, but separating axis and allies via a choice I don't thinks thats much to ask.

I ah i thought you meant something like soviets/USF together is too much. I see what you mean, yeah legit request.
15 Jun 2017, 08:51 AM
Donator 11

Hey, but then you are requesting something that is already in the game for a very long time
15 Jun 2017, 13:26 PM

Hey, but then you are requesting something that is already in the game for a very long time
I would like to see the option in public matches, I dont mean people cant faction mix for fun, but I would like to join public matches that faction mixing has been disabled by the server, it would give me the ability to play in bigger games that are not feasible in automatch.
15 Jun 2017, 15:31 PM

Why not just host your own game? Also, can't you tell from the public games list whether people are mixing factions?

Why aren't bigger games feasible in automatch? This thread confuses me.
15 Jun 2017, 16:02 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2017, 15:31 PMDanielD
Why not just host your own game? Also, can't you tell from the public games list whether people are mixing factions?

Why aren't bigger games feasible in automatch? This thread confuses me.

I guess he probably plays only with some mod so he can't play automatch. Still there are options that don't require asking relic for changes (that is a doomed couse).

@OP You can either host your own games like DanielD says above or ask the creator of the mod you usually play if he can do something about it. As I said, relic should be the option of last hope becouse they are very unlikely to do any changes to public games.
15 Jun 2017, 19:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2017, 00:48 AMGenMe

its almost as bad as removing swearing from the in game chat, which was an insult to the intelligence of the player base, like we are a bunch of triggered gender fluid idiots in need of a safe space, it was pretty pathetic at best

Do we play the same game? I rarely have a game without either the winner or the loser (or both) swearing in the end of the game.
So the implementation of a filter was somehow justified.
18 Jun 2017, 02:42 AM

I guess he probably plays only with some mod so he can't play automatch. Still there are options that don't require asking relic for changes (that is a doomed couse).

@OP You can either host your own games like DanielD says above or ask the creator of the mod you usually play if he can do something about it. As I said, relic should be the option of last hope becouse they are very unlikely to do any changes to public games.

this isn't that confusing, I do play auto match exclusively at the moment but only 1v1, I don't use mods, if I play automatch team games is faction mixing disabled then? I have tried hosting team games but its hard to get players, I would simply like the option to join games, even if I check the factions in a game, i can be in there waiting 20 minutes and then some guy joins and mixes factions so im back to square one and have to leave, if faction mixing was disabled I would see that the server itself doesn't want it before joining.
18 Jun 2017, 06:53 AM

Do we play the same game? I rarely have a game without either the winner or the loser (or both) swearing in the end of the game.

It does somehow take the edge off, even if it is pretty condescending, especially because your units will swear like no tomorrow when you tell them to do anything.

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2017, 02:42 AMGenMe

this isn't that confusing, I do play auto match exclusively at the moment but only 1v1, I don't use mods, if I play automatch team games is faction mixing disabled then? I have tried hosting team games but its hard to get players, I would simply like the option to join games, even if I check the factions in a game, i can be in there waiting 20 minutes and then some guy joins and mixes factions so im back to square one and have to leave, if faction mixing was disabled I would see that the server itself doesn't want it before joining.

What do you even mean by faction mixing? Do you mean something like okw and ostheer on the same team as faction mixing? Or something like usf and okw on the same team as faction mixing? It's very ambiguous.
18 Jun 2017, 09:20 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2017, 02:42 AMGenMe

If you play automatch team games then you can only play axis vs allies. So in the sense that I understand this thread there is no faction mixing. It is also impossible to use mods in automatch but if you don't mean to use them there is no reason to go for hosted games.

In hosted games there are no rules like that, everything is allowed: playing with mods, teams consisting of allies and axis at the same time, stupid anime skins and so on. As long as you don't need to use any of these features don't go into that swamp.

There is one thing to add: in automatch there is a bug that very rarely, but still, allows for faction mixing. Its not seen very often but if you do see it then mind that it doesn't mean faction mixing is allowed, its the bug abuse.
18 Jun 2017, 11:05 AM

If you play automatch team games then you can only play axis vs allies. So in the sense that I understand this thread there is no faction mixing. It is also impossible to use mods in automatch but if you don't mean to use them there is no reason to go for hosted games.

In hosted games there are no rules like that, everything is allowed: playing with mods, teams consisting of allies and axis at the same time, stupid anime skins and so on. As long as you don't need to use any of these features don't go into that swamp.

There is one thing to add: in automatch there is a bug that very rarely, but still, allows for faction mixing. Its not seen very often but if you do see it then mind that it doesn't mean faction mixing is allowed, its the bug abuse.

very useful thankyou
18 Jun 2017, 11:10 AM

I loved the verbal infighting in coh 1, it was highly entertaining and added to the battlefield mentality of the game, I know its trendy nowadays to be offended by everything, I personally loved all the trolling and butthurtness that went on, a strategically placed insult at the right time, could throw a players micro off to the point of prompting a mistake, it was like the propaganda side of warfare, great fun :D
nee
24 Jun 2017, 07:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2017, 02:06 AMGenMe
I just feel this is a historical game or at least throws a nod that way, faction mixing throws it into fiction to the extent you might as well be playing DOW, its just a pointless implementation and sort of ruins the fun WW2 feel for me, I dont even like the soviet western armies mix, but im never going to get away with that one :D .. maybe the player base may have been bigger with at least a tick box, my whole clan might have only been 20 players, but faction mixing lost the whole clan in a vote because we came from the game Blitzkrieg and all of them loved the history.

But it's hardly a historical game.
You can always just organize a team together and agree not to play certain factions. Most of the time random people join my lobby and ask if it's OK to play as Ostheer when it's clear the other side are Axis and we're doing Allies. If you have a problem with that then you should just say Allies please.

I doubt the player base would expand if even more constraints are added to the game. That's kind of like saying well if I beat my wife a lot more then maybe she'll like me better.

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2017, 02:11 AMGenMe
in my humble opinion you don't help the player base by removing features from the game or implementing bad ones.
And in my humble opinion, not being able to play with Allies as Axis (as was the case in CoH1) was an example of the lack of a feature and the implementation of a bad one.

There are ways to play without faction mixing, in fact I don't find it common enough in this game. Most players I come across tend to prefer being on the "same team" together.
27 Jun 2017, 00:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2017, 07:49 AMnee

But it's hardly a historical game.
You can always just organize a team together and agree not to play certain factions. Most of the time random people join my lobby and ask if it's OK to play as Ostheer when it's clear the other side are Axis and we're doing Allies. If you have a problem with that then you should just say Allies please.

I doubt the player base would expand if even more constraints are added to the game. That's kind of like saying well if I beat my wife a lot more then maybe she'll like me better.

And in my humble opinion, not being able to play with Allies as Axis (as was the case in CoH1) was an example of the lack of a feature and the implementation of a bad one.

There are ways to play without faction mixing, in fact I don't find it common enough in this game. Most players I come across tend to prefer being on the "same team" together.

It was an example of a much more successful game as far as numbers and sales are concerned, in fact after the big brother attempt on the chat and faction mixing the game player base dropped, each to their own I suppose, anyway I'm not advocating not allowing people to do it, I would just like an option to disable it, so I dont waste loads of time in a server waiting for a game, only to find I have to leave before the game is launched because suddenly faction mixing happens with say the last player to join.
nee
27 Jun 2017, 00:21 AM

If you can prove that faction mixing was a major factor in the player base dropping you may well have a point. I personally think people just got tired of that game and moved on.

What you are advocating is the option to disallow people from doing it. What you don't like, is that players are making their own totally legal decisions. And what happens if I selected UKF and I join your Axis team? I automatically chose Ostheer?
And what if I only have purchased Axis factions and no Allies? I then cannot join your game? This game doesn't need features that serve to effectively lock out half the playerbase from joining a lobby. This button would also have to be in your face in the lobby so even the brain-dead host can see and toggle it when they change their minds.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★