Login

russian armor

faction mixing

29 Jun 2017, 01:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2017, 00:21 AMnee
If you can prove that faction mixing was a major factor in the player base dropping you may well have a point. I personally think people just got tired of that game and moved on.

What you are advocating is the option to disallow people from doing it. What you don't like, is that players are making their own totally legal decisions. And what happens if I selected UKF and I join your Axis team? I automatically chose Ostheer?
And what if I only have purchased Axis factions and no Allies? I then cannot join your game? This game doesn't need features that serve to effectively lock out half the playerbase from joining a lobby. This button would also have to be in your face in the lobby so even the brain-dead host can see and toggle it when they change their minds.
your being a little over the top about all this, all I'm saying is the server having a tick box option to tell players joining whether faction mixing is enabled or not, its not some conspiracy, just so players who want or don't want it can join servers that support the game type they want to play, its not a big deal, its just a choice thing.
nee
30 Jun 2017, 11:50 AM

The very fact that you simply say "your being a little over the top" means two things: one, you actually have no idea of the repercussions of what you want, and two, what you want isn't even going to be accomplished by what you are suggesting.

I mean, what exactly does "faction mixing could be a tick box option selected by the guy hosting the game" even translate to for reality? Right now that reality is "you can't join unless you choose a particular faction"....of which choices are not identified in the first place.

What you're asking for isn't just a UI feature, it's a significant technical design for the game that, once you choose a faction, it is not possible to be on a certain team. Exactly how you can pull that off is a question of itself.

If there's anything over the top about that, it's the idea itself, which is really "I don't want you to play as Allies when on my Axis team". Which you can control via text and kicking.
4 Jul 2017, 23:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2017, 11:50 AMnee
The very fact that you simply say "your being a little over the top" means two things: one, you actually have no idea of the repercussions of what you want, and two, what you want isn't even going to be accomplished by what you are suggesting.

I mean, what exactly does "faction mixing could be a tick box option selected by the guy hosting the game" even translate to for reality? Right now that reality is "you can't join unless you choose a particular faction"....of which choices are not identified in the first place.

What you're asking for isn't just a UI feature, it's a significant technical design for the game that, once you choose a faction, it is not possible to be on a certain team. Exactly how you can pull that off is a question of itself.

If there's anything over the top about that, it's the idea itself, which is really "I don't want you to play as Allies when on my Axis team". Which you can control via text and kicking.

why are you being so negative, its obvious by this thread what is meant by faction mixing, its like your trying to be confrontational or maybe your just plain stupid I don't know...lol, anyway faction mixing in this context is when allied and axis factions fight on the same side, not faction mixing would be allied factions fighting axis factions, its the way the game used to be, so it would not be difficult to revert back to that standard, also allowing faction mixing as an option has also already had the code written for it, so .. yes it would be little more than an interface option.
nee
5 Jul 2017, 10:18 AM

I know what faction mixing is, but not everyone is as smart as I am.

What the game "used to be" is the past. Saying "but in X game they used to do it" is hardly an argument. Why? Because they've evolved, for better or worse.

Since you claim this has been in the game before, prove it. I'd love to see it. if what you say is true then yes I don't see why it was taken out...but if that's false, then of course you're just lying.
6 Jul 2017, 01:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jul 2017, 10:18 AMnee
I know what faction mixing is, but not everyone is as smart as I am.

What the game "used to be" is the past. Saying "but in X game they used to do it" is hardly an argument. Why? Because they've evolved, for better or worse.

Since you claim this has been in the game before, prove it. I'd love to see it. if what you say is true then yes I don't see why it was taken out...but if that's false, then of course you're just lying.

your just a bit weird ..lol :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS