Login

russian armor

Satchel charges stick to infantry!

18 May 2017, 23:54 PM

So I got 3 squads wiped the other day by Penal PTRS squads throwing a satchel charge that stuck to my Panzergrenadiers while leaving Halftrack. I know about the sticky charge update so I though no problem, i'll just bail my men and send them running away from the HT, while sending the HT in another direction. The countdown timer stuck on the infantry and they got wiped out... 3 times in 1 game if once wasn't convincing enough. Clearly a bug where the new movement of a unit over the sticky charge is causing the charge latching onto them.

I could not create an account on Relic Forums as that is buggy on Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome... so I thought I would post this here.

Penal SPAM FTW yay!!
19 May 2017, 03:35 AM
Benefactor 355

Replay or didn't happen #MVGame
19 May 2017, 03:38 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

There was a video on this issue in the highlights a while back, although I'm not sure if it was ever fixed:

Here's the video in question.
19 May 2017, 03:41 AM

Replay or didn't happen #MVGame

Hope it was saved, I doubt it, I am sure I played like 4 games after that. 100% It can be replicated, it happened 3 times in 15 minutes. I'll run a test with my friend tonight and record it.

The smug Russian was laughing at me and taunting me as I was freaking out about it, Grrrr.

me : "Satchel sticks to people now? WTF?"
Russian Penal Spam General: " HAHAHAHA YUP!!"
19 May 2017, 03:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2017, 03:38 AMKasarov
There was a video on this issue in the highlights a while back, although I'm not sure if it was ever fixed:

Here's the video in question.

That is it! 100%!!!

Seriously? no fix for that already?
19 May 2017, 09:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2017, 03:42 AMLavanti

That is it! 100%!!!

Seriously? no fix for that already?

Feel free to provide a fix, if you think it's easy to do. All AT snares suffer from the same bug.
19 May 2017, 10:30 AM
Donator 11

Feel free to provide a fix, if you think it's easy to do. All AT snares suffer from the same bug.

Does it mean that if I bail out of M3 while my opponent is fausting it, I will only lose one engi model as opposed to the whole car?
19 May 2017, 10:56 AM

Does it mean that if I bail out of M3 while my opponent is fausting it, I will only lose one engi model as opposed to the whole car?

Kinda. Although, given that the engies will be all terribly bunched up when they exit, faust AoE will probably kill all of your engies.
19 May 2017, 14:58 PM

Kinda. Although, given that the engies will be all terribly bunched up when they exit, faust AoE will probably kill all of your engies.

Is it possible to simply make AOE damage of AT satchel to be 1 or even 0.001 so even if its explodes on inf in such way it would kill only one model? Or set maximal entity which can be damaged by it to 1?
20 May 2017, 11:11 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Feel free to shut your smart-ass mouth.

It would be easy to fix. How hard could it be to add in a logic of "if satchel snared to vehicle, do not snare anymore". I don't work at Relic, if I did, I would look into it on my lunch break.

I am sure they have a thousand things to fix, but this is a pretty serious bug.
20 May 2017, 11:44 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2017, 11:11 AMLavanti

It would be easy to fix. How hard could it be to add in a logic of "if satchel snared to vehicle, do not snare anymore". I don't work at Relic, if I did, I would look into it on my lunch break.

I think you should read about something called Dunning-Kruger effect. You seem to be a prime example :D
20 May 2017, 11:51 AM

It's actually not a serious bug because it rarely happens and it's a rather funny thing.
Anyways, for your information: Relic does obviously no longer work on CoH2. The balance support pretty much broke down about a year ago after the balance team was either fired or reassigned (they just vanished). The only people working on patches right now are part of the community balance team (of which Mr. Smith is a part of) and even they have no power about wether things are changed or not.
20 May 2017, 13:17 PM

It's actually not a serious bug because it rarely happens and it's a rather funny thing.
Anyways, for your information: Relic does obviously no longer work on CoH2. The balance support pretty much broke down about a year ago after the balance team was either fired or reassigned (they just vanished). The only people working on patches right now are part of the community balance team (of which Mr. Smith is a part of) and even they have no power about wether things are changed or not.

That's more like it, thanks for the info. I guess that is why Mr Smith got so salty.

Also it isn't rare, I am certain it happens every time. But oh well, I just bail out sooner.
20 May 2017, 14:25 PM

You are talking to the guy that actually makes the patches lol
20 May 2017, 15:09 PM

Whoa whoa whoa mate where did that come from?
20 May 2017, 17:35 PM

Is it possible to simply make AOE damage of AT satchel to be 1 or even 0.001 so even if its explodes on inf in such way it would kill only one model? Or set maximal entity which can be damaged by it to 1?

Today I found out that the AoE for friendly fire and the AoE for damage are completely independent from each other.

I guess we could use homing satchels the same AoE damage (but keep satchel radius) as fausts vs vehicles, and keep friendly fire damage up. That way "Satchels" put the "S" in "Suicide squad".

20 May 2017, 17:51 PM

Today I found out that the AoE for friendly fire and the AoE for damage are completely independent from each other.

I guess we could use homing satchels the same AoE damage (but keep satchel radius) as fausts vs vehicles, and keep friendly fire damage up. That way "Satchels" put the "S" in "Suicide squad".

Lol. Might be a little OPieop if you bait a satchel with a scout car or something and wipe the penals with it tho. Basically makes your vehicles into 4 second goliaths.
21 May 2017, 16:23 PM

PM that I sent to Miragefla; might be the source of the bug, might not.

It's been a while since I've fiddled with CoH2's modding kit, but from my experience with vCoH modding, the satchel sticking to things is a result of its collision type being changed to something that doesn't phase through a given object.

I don't have corsix open right now, but if memory serves, each projectile ebps can have its collision type set to one of several, and under each unit ebps' hit_object_ext there is a pass_through table listing all of the available collision types. If one of those set to true, then all projectiles with that collision type will then phase through that ebps.
21 May 2017, 23:10 PM

Revert Penals back to not having AT satchel?
22 May 2017, 00:06 AM
Donator 11

Lol. Might be a little OPieop if you bait a satchel with a scout car or something and wipe the penals with it tho. Basically makes your vehicles into 4 second goliaths.

That was the intended downside of AT satchel from the very beginnig. Luckily, this is no more than forcing retreat when you see that satcheled tank is coming your way.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS