Login

russian armor

USF weapon racks suggestion

18 May 2017, 20:56 PM

How about removed this stupid racks from game and make are weapons upgrade inside of each infantry squad? You own will be choose what upgrade you need. This silly when your base is turn away from you and you need to go on other side just to buy another bar or zook. Because i no see any reason how it can worse overall gameplay vs USF. Just make some kind of 1-2 meters aura around your base and all be ok.
18 May 2017, 21:01 PM

This is a nice little feature that makes playing for USF a little bit different. Moreover, weapon racks contribute to better timing, since USF retreat point (major) is very mobile. I see no problem here.
18 May 2017, 21:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2017, 21:01 PMD10D
This is a nice little feature that makes playing for USF a little bit different. Moreover, weapon racks contribute to better timing, since USF retreat point (major) is very mobile. I see no problem here.

How major connecting with racks? You can't buy weapons from major. You buy are only from base. And 2-3 seconds wasted on road to racks, not big deal in game, because it's one time action. You will never again buy weapon for squad after it will get 2. And again, problem when racks are turn away from you, on a few maps racks in right places and it's not problem.
18 May 2017, 21:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2017, 21:11 PMMaret

How major connecting with racks? You can't buy weapons from major. You buy are only from base.

This! With upgradable weapons after major hits the field you won't have any necessity to retreat to the base, unless your major is compromised. This is to much in the game, where everyone should retreat to a static point. So, once again, no problem here, everything works just as it should.
18 May 2017, 21:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2017, 21:19 PMD10D

This! With upgradable weapons after major hits the field you won't have any necessity to retreat to the base, unless your major is compromised. This is to much in the game, where everyone should retreat to a static point. So, once again, no problem here, everything works just as it should.

I don't offer to buy weapon everywhere on map like OST. I only offer make 1-2 meters aura around base camp (i don't know how name this circle buildings) within you can buy weapon. You all the same need to retreat to base to buy your lost bar or zook. Only time wasted on road to racks will be reduced (2-3 seconds).
18 May 2017, 22:40 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Weapon racks in my opinion is a great way addition to the game. (Could use and has been balanced a bit.)
In a programming perspective it really helps with optimization, able to pick up weapons from the base, do not have to worry on adding upgrades that clutter the screen saying you can or can not research this, and enables a base line weapons for an entire faction. Weapon racks help in making riflemen very adaptable infantry. While in comparison, Ostheer and Soviets have specialized infantry to attack certain roles. Shocks and Assault grens for close range, Guards and Stormtroopers for long range. UKF, is an example where their infantry are a stale style and there are no reasonable alternatives because they are all expensive.
19 May 2017, 00:03 AM

Weapon racks in my opinion is a great way addition to the game. (Could use and has been balanced a bit.)
In a programming perspective it really helps with optimization, able to pick up weapons from the base, do not have to worry on adding upgrades that clutter the screen saying you can or can not research this, and enables a base line weapons for an entire faction. Weapon racks help in making riflemen very adaptable infantry. While in comparison, Ostheer and Soviets have specialized infantry to attack certain roles. Shocks and Assault grens for close range, Guards and Stormtroopers for long range. UKF, is an example where their infantry are a stale style and there are no reasonable alternatives because they are all expensive.

The only issue with weapon racks is that it belies the prospect for global upgrades, ala vCoH BARs.

Not to overdo the comparison, but those kind of upgrades have the capacity to offer a lot of strategic diversity.

Well that and it does kind of make balancing infantry squads in weapon rack factions a challenge.

I don't think it's a bad thing for the game, but they do make the lack/loss of other upgrades a little conspicuous.
19 May 2017, 04:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2017, 21:19 PMD10D

Yeah. Also, axis upgrading weapons on the field I guess balanced out the fact that usf gets to choose what weapons go where and to any squad in any combination (except double 1919s now lul).
19 May 2017, 08:42 AM

Imo weapon rack is a false god idea adding a lot of mess into balance. See how is it problematic to balance with RE being able to equip powerful LMGs
In vCoh BARs were an upgrade you could manage since it only affects RM. It would be much more easier to balance USF infantry without Racks. Rear echelon is one of the last unit in game with a useless "main" ability, volley fire, since the launch of USF in game and racks are a big part of the problem.

Racks were a necessity when USF were dominating early game to bring some soft counterbalance. This is not the case anymore and the idea of having to retreat to your base especially to equip weapon is today a non-sense.
Imo, it would be better to remove racks, force BARs only on RM with a dual upgrade, Zooks only on RE and then design the special USF infantry around that.
19 May 2017, 09:18 AM

Main problem with racks it's circle shape of base of USF. When i playing for UKF i don't have such problem with racks, because base building is square and short, but USF circle basecamp sometimes is very annoying. This why i suggest make aura instead racks. Just to avoid situation when racks on another side of your base. UKF don't have such problem, but they too have racks.
19 May 2017, 10:06 AM

i wish axis would get the possibilty to get weopans from racks...

only brits and USF can give their cheap troops double LMGs and hand-AT.

ever face tommys with double light vickers?? they shredd all in secounds..

what is the problem to take the weopans when u heal ur squad? its easy and u can chosse what do u need.

OKW can only stg on volks and one schreck on pios...wow.
nee
19 May 2017, 11:17 AM

I don't hate the idea of weapon racks, but it's hardly a perfect idea. UKF has the benefit of construction Forward Assembly, of which weapon racks are just one benefit among several.
If I am reading OP right s/he is merely saying that units in HQ sectors can upgrade the weapons, so the "retreat back to base" still applies, but without the micromanagement restrictions of going to a specific point in the map. You can always bring back timing for upgrades to compensate for what is ultimately a buff to USF.

I think it's possible to ADD to weapon racks idea as an alternative, similar to UKF's design, without having to remove it altogether; really, the problem of weapon racks is largely about their limitations.

A few ideas:
-Ambulance can be upgraded to be mobile rack; replaces healing and reinforcement; cheap cost for ambulance and upgrade means you can build multiple ones, so you can even make it where you have to have one rack type per each truck, and variety of options for the player BARs in the field and bazooka at the base or vice versa)
-Fighting Position can be upgrade to provide ONE weapon rack; gives FPs a reason to exist; if you want to upgrades all three types you need three FPs built and upgraded to the variant(s) you want
-commander abilities allow you to air drop the weapons for a slightly higher munitions cost
-call-in racks (ie supply glider), or simply the USF version of British supply halftrack, which requires unlocking racks before you can drop weapons, but has the inherent benefit of reinforce and transport

Really, there are multiple creative ways to implement "forward racks" without simply removing the base racks idea.

To be realistic though, this is really only a big deal in the early part of the game where you might have delayed unlocking the racks, whereas a lot of later-game units like Paratroopers and Rangers have their own special unit upgrades to begin with. I mean once you've unlocked the racks, the only time you need to pay attention to getting stuff is when you actually have squads with available slots, either because you just trained them or you really need that Bazooka to deal with tanks.
19 May 2017, 11:32 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2017, 08:42 AMEsxile

Imo weapon rack is a false god idea adding a lot of mess into balance. See how is it problematic to balance with RE being able to equip powerful LMGs

As I stated, needs a bit of balancing but you can make different version for units pick up so the Rear Echelon will not get a huge power spike. The UKF Brens are good example of this. Royal Engineers, Infantry Sections, and Commandos all pick up different variations.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 86
unknown 10
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak