Login

russian armor

Ostheer t4 repair station

18 May 2017, 13:14 PM

Have you actually played games as OST?

Yes, several hundred games between my main account and test account. I win more often with them in 1v1's than any other faction. Is there an actual point to your question?

They are my second least favorite faction (behind Brits) but that has more to do with 4-man gren squads, that get wiped way too easily to late game indirect, than anything to do with repairs. I'd pay the same as the UKF for a late game upgrade to 5-man squads. Other than that, the only unit I think isn't worth it is the Panther, which should be buffed to be similar to the OKW version.
18 May 2017, 13:38 PM
Benefactor 115

If the repair bunker were doctrinal and only build-able in a base sector then I think this would be an interesting thing to explore.

I think this would do terrible things to team games if it could built outside of the base sector.
18 May 2017, 17:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Repair bunker => good idea for crap commanders as the defensive community commander

T4 repair station => i'll rather nerf all the other factions repair capabilities.

Why? Because overextending vehicles should be punished so late game, specially teamgames, doesn't revolve around spamming tanks.
18 May 2017, 18:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2017, 01:27 AMGrumpy
No, if anything OKW and UKF should be nerfed to Ost levels.

Ost has the highest win rates in every game mode, 1v1 through 4v4, arranged teams or randoms. In some cases, it is around a 30% increase over allied win rates. When do "reasonable players" think that Ost has been buffed enough?

You start off your argument saying OKW should be nerfed to Ost levels, then say Ost has the highest winrate. So basically you're saying OKW should be buffed to Ost levels?
18 May 2017, 18:36 PM

If people don't build T4's in 1v1 why not just fix the root cause of the problem? T4 is rock-solid elsewhere. There's absolutely no reason to disbalance the late-game even further.
- Make T4 cheaper
- Tie Call-ins to tech
- Make the units inside T4 more suitable for use in 1v1
- Nerf UKF/OKW repair speeds to OST levels

For 1v1 purposes, with the current price, I would never build a T4 for the repair speeds. Instead I would just buy 2 more Pios that can also sweep and cap territory, and then hold my fuel out for a non-tech tiger.

There is already a big disparity in the late-game of the infantry-heavier factions (Soviets/USF; yeah, I know how Soviet infantry scales currently). By making repairs more available, you are making infantry play even less relevant in the late-game, further dooming the forementioned factions.

Does OST really require repair speed and popcap boost (repair stations will take no popcap I assume) vs which faction in the lategame?
- Soviets?
- USF?
- Brits?

PS: The idea of a repair station is good. It's just that it seems that it will have too many unwanted knock-on effects

All this have been done in MirageFla mod....
18 May 2017, 19:40 PM

Great idea !
Solving an issue with ostheer without really buffing units .
18 May 2017, 20:54 PM

Too much love for axis. There are two types of repair stations for allies and both are doctrinal. Why should Wehrmacht receive an undoctrinal one in addition to OKW truck? Repair building should be an option for those factions that rely on quantity over quality.
18 May 2017, 21:32 PM
Patrion 14

no. my opinion is to nerf post WFA repair speed.
19 May 2017, 02:04 AM

You start off your argument saying OKW should be nerfed to Ost levels, then say Ost has the highest winrate. So basically you're saying OKW should be buffed to Ost levels?

No, OKW and UKF repair speed nerfed to Ost levels.

It's bad enough that OKW gets a non-doctrinal, no-micro-involved, quick repair (UKF gets a doctrinal one that is more expensive but better), expanding this to other factions would be really bad for game play. Part of what made Comets so good was that they were hard to kill and could be back in play really quickly. Get three of them together and it was hard to lose one, your only cost was upkeep while the attrition would eventually cause the other side to collapse. OKW couldn't quite do the same because the Panther's AI isn't that good and KT's limited to one, but giving the Brummbär repair stations is a really bad idea.
19 May 2017, 02:31 AM

I don't agree with OP. Personally I think all rep rates are Fine.
19 May 2017, 04:07 AM

Like the Vcoh rep bunkers? Those were so good. I think that would be too OP.

They could be very cheesy if spammed, which would be hard, but doable, especially in very long teamgames matches.

@OP This idea sure gets my vote, especially seeing as okw gets it much earlier and much more accessibly, and is able to place it anywhere if they so choose. Either that or nerf all repair speeds to EFA rates, which I'm more inclined to. Bad tank play is not punished very hard as long as you don't lose the tank, unless you're EFA.
19 May 2017, 05:30 AM

My post seems to have gotten everybody on board with finally nerfing post EFA repair speeds which I would certainly prefer.
19 May 2017, 05:49 AM

My post seems to have gotten everybody on board with finally nerfing post EFA repair speeds which I would certainly prefer.

I think that is one of the few issues that is pretty much supported everywhere. Ost had no gimmicky unique-ish vehicle repair though, while the other factions all do (soviet cons repair, repair station thing in the industry commander, vehicle self repair toggle, all of which is doctrinal; usf gets vehicle crews as nondoc; brits get smoke and crew repair from two docs, okw gets sturmpios, mechhq, and 1 doctrinal vehicle repair). Just worth noting for the record.
26 May 2017, 08:08 AM

How about to make upgrade for wehr halftrack so it becomes a repair halftrack but become more fragile and to activate repair mode it needs to stand still like USF ambulance.
26 May 2017, 08:43 AM
Patrion 15

How about to make upgrade for wehr halftrack so it becomes a repair halftrack but become more fragile and to activate repair mode it needs to stand still like USF ambulance.

That's a good unit idea but maybe a whole new faction should design like that.
26 May 2017, 18:00 PM

Wehr/Ost has both the worst repair rates and worst repair options.

Soviets have Combat Engineers and doctrinally can repair their vehicles in 3 different ways.

USF can repair their vehicles in 2 different ways.

Same goes for Brits and OKW.

Wehr is only left with the slow repairing pioneers.

It could either use an ability for the Panzergrenadiers to be able to repair vehicles, like in CoH, where it would also help combined arms, or have an upgrade for the bunker like someone else said in this topic.

Just either remove the reinforcement upgrade or combine it with the medical one.

So you'd still get 3 upgrades, one for the MG, one which will both heal and reinforce but it will have an increased munitions cost and the repair upgrade, which can use the command bunker upgrade model for the bunker so there would be no need for new models.
27 May 2017, 01:18 AM

If ostheer really has the highest winrate then why buff it ?
every faction has weaknesses and strengths, so instead of mirroring all factions which will make the game dull , ppl should learn to adapt according to what faction they are playing .
Yes ostheer repair rates are painfully slow but they make up for that by having better non doctrinal tanks than usf and soviets do .
27 May 2017, 06:26 AM

Once and for all.

Nerf WFA + UKF repairs.

Leave OST / SU like they are.
We don't need 5% health Tiger to be ready again in 20 secs. Losing health should be punishing.
27 May 2017, 07:36 AM

Once and for all.

Nerf WFA + UKF repairs.

Leave OST / SU like they are.
We don't need 5% health Tiger to be ready again in 20 secs. Losing health should be punishing.

+1
27 May 2017, 14:32 PM

A repair station that spawns 2 pioneer level repairmen probably won't go a long way to get 5% tigers back on the field in 20 seconds, but it would allow for a pioneer squad with flamethrowers to be able to stay on the field.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★