We need a new tuning patch to test a.s.a.p

17 May 2017, 14:55 PM

Why:

- Community priority consensus must be put forward;

- We will have many issues to test;

- Relic has to decided what will be the scope;

- This need to be already thoroughly tested when a windows for a patch open;

- This will take a lot of time;

So the idea is to have a good tested patch coming as quickly as realistically possible.

My proposed priorities :

The Soviet HMG and the call-in conundrums;
OST's Ju 87 Stuka tuning;
USA's Calliope tuning;
OKW's Walking Stuka tuning;
UK'Emplacement bracing + stand-fast stacking tuning;

What are yours ?
Mr. Smith has a good list.

:)
17 May 2017, 15:08 PM

Soviet cons, soviet vehicle abilities (cap points), flare mines abilities (almost every infantry squad has them it's pointless).
17 May 2017, 15:13 PM

As long as we don't have a confirmation for Relic as to what the next patch should address, I would never even attempt to implement team-game oriented stuff. Otherwise, this will amount in a monumental waste of time and effort from our part.

Secondly, the reason I would never even attempt creating an unauthorized teamgame-oriented mod is that time and time again, experience has shown us that the fast majority of people will never progress past reading the patchnotes.

Building a decent mod requires at least 2 weeks of work. This is also partly because we have to reimplement a vast number of stuff that should have been in-scope for WBP already. For instance, if I were to create a serious mod, I would have to include a fix for call-ins. This would have to be the 8th time I have to reimplement fixes for call-ins. This is depressing.

To get a 2v2 in for a balance mod, you need 4 equally-skilled people to get together at the same time, agree on the map, factions, etc. Then, there's so many combinations of tactics you can use vs your opponents before it becomes boring and you need to find new opponents.

On the other hand, writing patchnotes for a mod idea only requires a few hours. Most people will gloss over bigger or smaller things. However, only a depressingly-small amount of players will invest the time to test the mod at the expense of:
- Not ranking up in the live version (which is still relatively new)
- Playing with their friends in the live version vs unknown opponents

Thus, from our part, I think it's better we focussed on getting the balance for one matchup right (e.g., OST vs Soviets); i.e., do the best we can about those two factions, without worrying too much about their interactions with USF/OKW/Brits. Then, once we get enough feedback and determine what "EFA level" should look like, we can start tuning the other 3 faction to the mythical "EFA level".

Even between those two factions there's so much cheese (e.g., demos) and so much untapped potential (e.g., commanders, units, etc).

In short:
- For 1v1-related stuff, it's always a good idea to make a mod (because it's feasible to get people to play it)
- Ideally I would keep the scope narrow (few factions) but deep (rework units/abilities/commanders as necessary), and grow to add new factions
- For teamgame-oriented stuff, I wouldn't invest the effort to go beyond a discussion of good ideas that would improve teamgames for a future patch

17 May 2017, 16:37 PM

I understand and it's why i propose the changes should be limited.

Thanks for all your work !

P.S : Relic must understand that helping the community is good for them.
16 Jul 2017, 02:45 AM

- Voltardark : Relic ils s'en balancent de leur communautee.
Eux, y veulent vendre DOW3 pis c'est tout.
16 Jul 2017, 03:40 AM

- Voltardark : Relic ils s'en balancent de leur communautee.
Eux, y veulent vendre DOW3 pis c'est tout.

I'know, i'know.
But hope is what's drive me, so i'm gonna do all i can.

Merci de tes commentaires !!!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS