Login

russian armor

Sturmtiger in next patch

16 May 2017, 15:10 PM

As for the ST itself, it's honestly only effect for blobs and the stars need to align to get one of those "lol omg that was awesome lets upload this clip to youtube" moments. And unlike a goliath that can sit cloaked and waiting or an invisible demo charge, it's slow to move into position and slow to fire and makes a very distinctive sound that is unique to that vehicle.

I'm 900 hours in and the highest vet Sturmtiger I've seen is Vet 2. I rarely see it and when I do see it, I rarely see it used to wipe massive blobs of infantry or armor.

When it can be used effectively, it's very effective. But unfortunately that's just too rare.

Ok, so what is going to be OP next week?
16 May 2017, 15:39 PM

I think the effectiveness of this unit is primarily based on the map.

This. It's damage vs tanks need to be towed down though. I remember everyone going mad about the pre-nerf AVRE nuking a full health panther to 20%, but ST killing full health mediums is fine?
16 May 2017, 16:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 May 2017, 13:33 PMNuts

I wonder what is brainless, using the sturmtiger or your level of play. Me I would be you, I would wonder about what I can improve on my level of play before crying on OP things. At one point there are limits, and I do not think that they can deliberately let people destroy this game when it does not exceed level 5 after 1000 games ... Instead of moaning, frankly, I Would challenge me on what I need to do to progress.
Thank you for stopping to destroy this game without questioning you ...

http://www.companyofheroes.com/leaderboards#profile/steam/76561197970790508/standings

The sturmtiger is trash unit when the opponent has a good skill. Long reload time, long shooting time, easily flankable ... To destroy it, you just have to run to him with bazooka, he will never be able to adjust his shot because of the minimum distance. And if by chance he kills you a section, it's the game ...

It makes me laugh the people who come crying after every game they lost, in the end all the units are OP, besides I think it is necessary to nerf the Soviet engineers, once I think I have lost a section without paying attention ...

Another brainless cheap comment... Thanks !!!!
16 May 2017, 16:04 PM

This. It's damage vs tanks need to be towed down though. I remember everyone going mad about the pre-nerf AVRE nuking a full health panther to 20%, but ST killing full health mediums is fine?

No turret, can't reload on the move, and less HP. That's the "asymmetrical balance" at work, right?

If you want the AVRE and Sturm to perform the same in damage then adjust the Sturm's cost or make it non doctrinal.

It's used so seldom I don't even know why this is an issue.
16 May 2017, 16:10 PM

No turret, can't reload on the move, and less HP. That's the "asymmetrical balance" at work, right?

If you want the AVRE and Sturm to perform the same in damage then adjust the Sturm's cost or make it non doctrinal.

Oh I agree.
nee
16 May 2017, 17:52 PM

It used to be nondoctrinal.
16 May 2017, 22:07 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Invsibled some posts.

Back to the Topic and don't kill each other pls :)
16 May 2017, 23:09 PM

Less hp sure but have fun trying to fight it with allies tanks apart from SU-85 and Jackson. Who cares about reloading on the move though? Just reverse out of combat and faust any tanks stupid enough to dive.

AVRE is doctrinal, and is in a pretty lackluster doctrine just like the ST.

Because it's cheesy as fuck. It's even cheesy when the AI uses it.
16 May 2017, 23:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 May 2017, 17:52 PMnee
It used to be nondoctrinal.

Yeah but then okw players cried about P4 being doctrinal so they got that instead (better design anyway IMO).
16 May 2017, 23:38 PM

I think it's fairly balanced as is. Very vulnerable when reloading but has potential for quick payoff. It also means one less tank on the Feild for OKW which need them due to soft racketens.

Balance aside, I think it makes for very entertaining gameplay as well. Invokes fear in the enemy but is a huge gamble for the user depending on the map
17 May 2017, 00:09 AM

sturmtiger saves me every game like literally. its the best anti inf tank there is in game no other tank is close, this tank is cheap asf for wat it does.. my last game as okw i was getting pushed by 3 comets that kinda got blobbed up together and i had 1 panther. my sturmtiger stunned all of them and almost killed all three and i finished them off with my panther. i never had the sturm taken from me or disembarked. i love this tank its my favorite unit in game
17 May 2017, 00:42 AM

Next week on coh2.org: .222 is OP
The following week: puma OP
The week after that: mg42 OP

See I can do it too

there was this guy kingdun during WBP who successfully whined, cryed and complained enough to get the flamer halftrack nerfed into uselessness
17 May 2017, 02:42 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Invokes fear in the enemy but is a huge gamble for the user depending on the map

Trois point, Ettelbruck Station...

#FreeEinhovenCountry
17 May 2017, 02:58 AM

Trois point, Ettelbruck Station...

#FreeEinhovenCountry

Omg please! I love that map so much!
Next patch scope should be maps --> add Einhoven country
17 May 2017, 03:06 AM

I think it's alright one shotting mediums tbh. It's really only a problem on tois pont and ettelbruck station and it leaves a very good window to be taken out in. It's different from the AVRE due to its longer reload and vulnerability to everything after its fired.

In addition, it comes in a faction that has very poor AT if it doesn't get tanks so it's a huge risk/reward unit imo.

If it doesn't one hit mediums I imagine it should least immobilize them to allow for some follow up.

17 May 2017, 03:07 AM

there was this guy kingdun during WBP who successfully whined, cryed and complained enough to get the flamer halftrack nerfed into uselessness

When did the flamer HT get nerfed? And what was the nerf?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 17
South Africa 2
unknown 11
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %