Login

russian armor

Sturmtiger in next patch

16 May 2017, 09:33 AM

I think the effectiveness of this unit is primarily based on the map.
16 May 2017, 09:36 AM

Balance for ST could may looking in 2 ways:
1. Decrease stats
2. Current stats, but every shot for cost of ammo

And to prevent abandon abuse, just make same penalties as for t-34 ram ability, if ST got hit while reloading, gun and engine was destroyed and health was decrease to low level.
16 May 2017, 09:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 May 2017, 09:30 AMMaret

And this can acquit OP ST? Then why ISU-152 got different shells and removed ability to focus sight? if axis have best AT in game (shrecks, paks, elefants, jagtigers, KT and so on)? Maybe because old ISU-152 wiped all AT squads from another side of map with laser accuracy?
ST no need high level skill, after some practicing you could wiped units witl little efforts. Just use one squad to bite and shoot enemy. You can't see ST in fog of war (or you need choice RIGHT doctrine against only ST). Just shoot in maximum range and AOE will do everything for you, if you shoot to tanks, enemy can't retreat, and infantry have very little time to react on rocket.

good player can hear it...bad players too.
good player will know where it is...and since allies domintat teamgame with arti and indirect fire...the axis have no fun time since brit release...
16 May 2017, 10:23 AM

good player can hear it...bad players too.
good player will know where it is...and since allies domintat teamgame with arti and indirect fire...the axis have no fun time since brit release...

O yea, this why axis have better winrate in team games? And balance it's all about 1vs1 not team games (just look at starcraft2, all balance only for 1vs1). In 1vs1 you got vehicle roughly with the same cost as p4, without any teching, with ability to see enemy vehicle from fog of war and AP shels, that make such unit as puma very high effective.
16 May 2017, 10:23 AM

Hide behind a shot blocker and nuke everyone?

The vehicle does need tuning due to the fact it can OHK practically anything outside LOS (35) and pierces through shotblockers and crits vehicles for no reason.

omg maybe valentine ? But seriously sturmtiger would be ok for me if he cant shot through shotblockers
16 May 2017, 10:38 AM

My second favorite commander.

I see two types of enemies when using this commander, good and bad.

The good don't blob, have common sense, and use recon in the sequence my ST is done reloading and when they can hear it. And never move in a predictive way. Yes it may have 45 range but to get a hit that far with predictions is difficult, keep in mind 45 range means you need at least 50-55 LOS.

Bad players know I have it still blob because that's all they know, don't use recon, don't scout. And most importantly don't have common sense or skill.

The reload time is long and this unit is always going back close to the base to not risk being rocket arty.

Crits are introduced because...well shit you think any tank would drive away from a hit from one of those?

Just another unit that is suddenly a problem due to the tourney that's going on. This random unit being OP is getting out of hand. Where was you guys a month ago?? Just because you wanted an Allied/Axis player to win and he lost on twitch doesn't mean to come on the forums and claim OP.

16 May 2017, 10:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 May 2017, 09:27 AMVipper
ST is simply one of these units that RNG is too high. It can be extremely effective or useless. In one of the championship game it killed 2 Sherman with 1 shot.

Unit like that are difficult to balance and rather frustrating to use or face. The unit should perform more consistently.

Giving it role as more dedicated counter to fortification will help the unit become more consistent.

he also lost the game too.....i just dont get you are nerfing sturmtiger but leaving avre untouched ad both are used are rarely
16 May 2017, 11:00 AM

The good don't blob, have common sense, and use recon in the sequence my ST is done reloading and when they can hear it. And never move in a predictive way. Yes it may have 45 range but to get a hit that far with predictions is difficult, keep in mind 45 range means you need at least 50-55 LOS.

Bad players know I have it still blob because that's all they know, don't use recon, don't scout. And most importantly don't have common sense or skill.

The reload time is long and this unit is always going back close to the base to not risk being rocket arty.

Crits are introduced because...well shit you think any tank would drive away from a hit from one of those?

Just another unit that is suddenly a problem due to the tourney that's going on. This random unit being OP is getting out of hand. Where was you guys a month ago?? Just because you wanted an Allied/Axis player to win and he lost on twitch doesn't mean to come on the forums and claim OP.

+1 to this. Personally I think the fact that it can shoot through shot blockers is the only thing that really needs to be addressed. Aside from that, as stated above, you can outplay it sufficiently. It is also as mentioned before somewhere, map dependant as regards to its effectiveness.
16 May 2017, 11:02 AM

Even it can wipe only one squad per shot it still too good for what it does .
Btw most abilities in this commander is good except too expensive Emergency Repair and "waste munition" Tank commander upgrade .
16 May 2017, 12:24 PM

Sorry, the Sturmtiger is another brainless, out of the blue i wipe anything machine. No skill required to be used.

Exactly the same problem as the Stuka dive-nuker... no skill either...

Those two have no place in a good strategy game, unfortunately we must live with them...

So,they must be rethink to fit better in the game.

:)
16 May 2017, 13:33 PM

Sorry, the Sturmtiger is another brainless, out of the blue i wipe anything machine. No skill required to be used.

Exactly the same problem as the Stuka dive-nuker... no skill either...

Those two have no place in a good strategy game, unfortunately we must live with them...

So,they must be rethink to fit better in the game.

:)

I wonder what is brainless, using the sturmtiger or your level of play. Me I would be you, I would wonder about what I can improve on my level of play before crying on OP things. At one point there are limits, and I do not think that they can deliberately let people destroy this game when it does not exceed level 5 after 1000 games ... Instead of moaning, frankly, I Would challenge me on what I need to do to progress.
Thank you for stopping to destroy this game without questioning you ...

http://www.companyofheroes.com/leaderboards#profile/steam/76561197970790508/standings

The sturmtiger is trash unit when the opponent has a good skill. Long reload time, long shooting time, easily flankable ... To destroy it, you just have to run to him with bazooka, he will never be able to adjust his shot because of the minimum distance. And if by chance he kills you a section, it's the game ...

It makes me laugh the people who come crying after every game they lost, in the end all the units are OP, besides I think it is necessary to nerf the Soviet engineers, once I think I have lost a section without paying attention ...
16 May 2017, 13:39 PM

this unit kill only 1 squad per minute...mostly 1unit/ 3-4miuntes (drive to front..drive back..reload..drive to front), if the enemy isnt a totally noob.

guess what? a sherman/ T70 / comet kill in 4minutes much more.
16 May 2017, 13:47 PM

this unit kill only 1 squad per minute...mostly 1unit/ 3-4miuntes (drive to front..drive back..reload..drive to front), if the enemy isnt a totally noob.

guess what? a sherman/ T70 / comet kill in 4minutes much more.

t70 can kill p4, maybe stug or JP4? or PG with shrecks? T70 is high micro unit (as luchs, stuart) you can't just move forward - shoot- and kill whole squad in one shell. Problem with ST this ability to wipe from for of war without any warning for opponent. If katy shooting or werfer, you infantry have chances to survive, but from ST not (only if you do miss shot). And 1 squad per minute in late game it's huge advantage, because all this squads are veterans. I never see t-70 in late game wiping squads and tanks all around.
16 May 2017, 13:51 PM

hmm...mabye i play more with brauin after u lost the first squad? maybe recon the field on the front? u can hear this huge tank from far away...thats the signal for u: be care..there is a ST.

it is not a unbeatable tank...
16 May 2017, 13:58 PM

hmm...mabye i play more with brauin after u lost the first squad? maybe recon the field on the front? u can hear this huge tank from far away...thats the signal for u: be care..there is a ST.

it is not a unbeatable tank...

hmm...mabye i play more with brauin after u lost the first squad? maybe mg-42 the field on the front? u can see this penals from far away...thats the signal for u: be care..there are penals.

it is not a unbeatable squad..

Very good argument? How in your taste? From such point of view every OP ability or unit not OP because you know that emeny used them.

ST is brainless unit like old ISU-152 was. If you remember in old times ISU-152 wiped all infantry and beat tanks with little efforts. It has the same effect as ST on battlefield.
16 May 2017, 14:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 May 2017, 13:58 PMMaret

hmm...mabye i play more with brauin after u lost the first squad? maybe mg-42 the field on the front? u can see this penals from far away...thats the signal for u: be care..there are penals.

it is not a unbeatable squad..

Very good argument? How in your taste? From such point of view every OP ability or unit not OP because you know that emeny used them.

ST is brainless unit like old ISU-152 was. If you remember in old times ISU-152 wiped all infantry and beat tanks with little efforts. It has the same effect as ST on battlefield.

not really..ISU had a reload time from under 20sek....it was unkillable cause it hase huge range and wipe all AT guns with one shot
16 May 2017, 14:27 PM

not really..ISU had a reload time from under 20sek....it was unkillable cause it hase huge range and wipe all AT guns with one shot

How said before just use flanking, old ISU-152 not unbeatable unit or use tank with blietzkrieg (good luck not to find cons wit AT nades in lategame or mines or t-34 with ram)....
With equals skill players ST give you very good AT and AI platform with huge AOE. And it have very good synergy with ability to see vehicle on map.
16 May 2017, 14:30 PM

Pls lets try to keep this civilized, no need for personal comments.

Maybe one of the reasons people have so different opinions about the units is that the units is inconsistent.

And that is what should be fixed, a bit less hit or miss performance.
16 May 2017, 14:35 PM

ST is my favorite unit when i play for OKW. Because it gives me fun and if i could survive until KT arrive, it gets me 2 best tools in game. For ST i could have only puma as AT platform, with AP rounds and vehicle vision on map i can predict where enemy vehicle and deal with it. But it's not do ST balanced unit. When ST is arrive you opponent must pay all his attention not to catch in ST shot - it's very hard task in lategame with many squads.
16 May 2017, 15:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2017, 11:52 AMnee
Nerf Sturmtiger considerably, AND make exclusive with KT?
I'd not even consider the idea if you buffed it, let alone multiple nerfs.

We already have Walking Stuka to deal with emplacements. Sturmtiger just gets shoehorned into absolute must or absolute trash compared with KT. At least now, players can screw up choosing one before the other, or worse bring in both.

lol the Stuka sucks for emplacements. And if they are using advanced emplacement doc it does almost zero damage.

Maybe if the incendiary barrage came earlier (vet 4 is kinda ridiculous. Maybe vet 2?) and slightly cheaper (200 Muni for a super random and inaccurate fire barrage is insane. That's how much high tier doctrinal artillery costs) it would be a decent emplacement tool.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 26
Russian Federation 51
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak