Login

russian armor

Wait cromwells

2 May 2017, 01:27 AM

Did the cromwell's moving accuracy get nerfed from .75 to .5? Cuz I seem to remember reading that but I'm not sure, and I don't wanna dig through all the patch notes.
2 May 2017, 01:31 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Yes they did. Same goes for the comet.
2 May 2017, 01:32 AM

Yes they did. Same goes for the comet.

... what the actual fuck. There better be no more bitching about the damn ost panther's moving acc now.
2 May 2017, 01:48 AM

They are so quick that glide shots are pretty easy to land if you're microing the cromwells. I think this is good as otherwise you can just right click past enemy inf and wipe them on retreat, now there's a micro burden to do that. Does make it harder to micro other units in big battles.
2 May 2017, 01:51 AM

... what the actual fuck. There better be no more bitching about the damn ost panther's moving acc now.

We're planning to see how the new Hold Fire ability works with respect to inaccurate tanks. If you feel that a particular vehicle is too inaccurate on the move, feel free to use hold fire & stop micro. The fact that you have to micro your shots means that it will be more difficult to use Cromwell spam to its full advantage.

High moving accuracy values tend to have the following effect:
- Too easy to control swarms of tanks
- Promote a run-and-gun attitude for already advantaged tanks (e.g., OKW Panther 0.65 moving accuracy with Combat Blitz active means you will never miss)

Giving fast durable tanks high moving accuracy means that there is very little incentive to slow down, which means medium tanks will be at an even greater disadvantage chasing after the more expensive Panthers/Comets.

IMO, high moving accuracy should be the benefit of USF paper tanks, and USF paper tanks only (M10, Jackson & Sherman).

They are so quick that glide shots are pretty easy to land if you're microing the cromwells. I think this is good as otherwise you can just right click past enemy inf and wipe them on retreat, now there's a micro burden to do that. Does make it harder to micro other units in big battles.

Note that moving accuracy modifiers have nothing to do with accuracy vs infantry; this is controlled by moving scatter modifiers.

The only tanks to have ever had lower-than average scatter modifiers are USF tanks and OKW tanks.
2 May 2017, 02:10 AM

We're planning to see how the new Hold Fire ability works with respect to inaccurate tanks. If you feel that a particular vehicle is too inaccurate on the move, feel free to use hold fire & stop micro. The fact that you have to micro your shots means that it will be more difficult to use Cromwell spam to its full advantage.

High moving accuracy values tend to have the following effect:
- Too easy to control swarms of tanks
- Promote a run-and-gun attitude for already advantaged tanks (e.g., OKW Panther 0.65 moving accuracy with Combat Blitz active means you will never miss)

Giving fast durable tanks high moving accuracy means that there is very little incentive to slow down, which means medium tanks will be at an even greater disadvantage chasing after the more expensive Panthers/Comets.

IMO, high moving accuracy should be the benefit of USF paper tanks, and USF paper tanks only (M10, Jackson & Sherman).

Note that moving accuracy modifiers have nothing to do with accuracy vs infantry; this is controlled by moving scatter modifiers.

The only tanks to have ever had lower-than average scatter modifiers are USF tanks and OKW tanks.

Well as is obvious, I didn't elaborate very far on my second post. I said nobody better bitch about the ost panthers moving acc now because when I used the cromwell and comet this week, they seemed fine, so I don't think it's that big a deal (to complain that ost panther is worthless etc etc.). I think it's good that one should have to stop for good accuracy and also good that usf paper tanks don't (since that's the best part of them). So okw panth won't miss shots on the move? Does that apply to the other okw tanks too? And none of what we're discussing now has an impact on accuracy against infantry?
2 May 2017, 02:15 AM

Interesting, had no idea. I will stop wasting my time spamming stop while wiping grens, thanks!
2 May 2017, 02:16 AM

Interesting, had no idea. I will stop wasting my time spamming stop while wiping grens, thanks!

You should keep spamming stop as you have; scatter penalties for moving are quite brutal, even for USF/OKW tanks.
2 May 2017, 02:21 AM

You should keep spamming stop as you have; scatter penalties for moving are quite brutal, even for USF/OKW tanks.

So you are saying that it's still better to be stopped when engaging infantry, but it is a totally separate value than what I brought up in the OP?
2 May 2017, 03:35 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Does that apply to the other okw tanks too? And none of what we're discussing now has an impact on accuracy against infantry?

When combat blitz is active you get a 100% accuracy buff on the affected tank as well as the speed and RA buff. This overpowered buff only applies when combat blitz is triggered and thus only applies on medium tanks+ for OKW as the lights do not have combat blitz. OpieOP
2 May 2017, 03:37 AM
Developer Relic Badge

So you are saying that it's still better to be stopped when engaging infantry, but it is a totally separate value than what I brought up in the OP?

That is correct. Outside the extremely small chance of a tank rolling to hit someone, scatter as no correlation with accuracy.
2 May 2017, 03:38 AM

When combat blitz is active you get a 100% accuracy buff on the affected tank as well as the speed and RA buff. This overpowered buff only applies when combat blitz is triggered and thus only applies on medium tanks+ for OKW as the lights do not have combat blitz. OpieOP

Wot. OpieOP.
2 May 2017, 04:26 AM

Why the hell combat blitz icrease tank acuraccy. Like IF it wasnt strong enaugh even without that :/
2 May 2017, 04:28 AM

That is correct. Outside the extremely small chance of a tank rolling to hit someone, scatter as no correlation with accuracy.

Ok, thanks. Good to know.
2 May 2017, 04:58 AM

Why the hell combat blitz icrease tank acuraccy. Like IF it wasnt strong enaugh even without that :/

Because Relic never friggin' learns.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 22
Netherlands 20
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %