Login

russian armor

grenades

• This thread is locked
2 May 2017, 19:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2017, 18:54 PMArray

Then they would do more wipes generally surely?

Depends on how they're handled. If you buffed the size of the mid AoE, you'd have an instant-kill radius that's in-line with other grenades while the rest of the AoE could be comparable to now (so still higher than the pineapple or guard's 'nade, which makes sense given the higher price of the bundle).
2 May 2017, 19:39 PM

Only the gammon bomb isn´t random, it wipes every time lol.

Don't forget the bundle grenade!
2 May 2017, 23:06 PM

Light gammon bomb needs a little longer timer. Standard gammon bomb and bundle nade are fine IMO, pretty easy to dodge.

isn't the timer the same on both light gammon and bundled?
2 May 2017, 23:08 PM

His point probably is that light gammon usually comes from cloak commandos leaving little reaction time.
2 May 2017, 23:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2017, 23:08 PMVipper

His point probably is that light gammon usually comes from cloak commandos leaving little reaction time.

true. light gammons are powerful for that reason. commandos do have their drawbacks tho. they are also tied to a commander choice so they should be at least on par with bundle grenade. as bundle grenades are available all day 'ery day.
3 May 2017, 01:18 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Bundle grenade and light gammon bomb are clones except for:
  • Fuse timer: LGB = 1sec, BG=1.25sec
  • Cost: LGB = 35 Munis, BG = 45 Munis

3 May 2017, 01:43 AM

In my noobish biased opinion, it's the fuse time on these things that is my complaint, gimmie just half a second more time to react, because it is pretty damn cheap for the chance of wiping a squad. AT least then the other player has to be a tad more cunning about where they throw the thing.

Bundle grenade and light gammon bomb are clones except for:
  • Fuse timer: LGB = 1sec, BG=1.25sec
  • Cost: LGB = 35 Munis, BG = 45 Munis

3 May 2017, 03:52 AM

light gammon is fine except for the price, both light gammon and bundled need to be 50 or maybe even 65 munitions since they are pretty much support weapons wiper.
3 May 2017, 03:54 AM

light gammon is fine except for the price, both light gammon and bundled need to be 50 or maybe even 65 munitions since they are pretty much support weapons wiper.

Yeah that's true. That would really help actually.
3 May 2017, 04:53 AM

not to mention that axis have no real munition sinks, so they keep throwing grenades like candy in a kids party.

Allies all live on their munitions for everything.
3 May 2017, 05:07 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Standard grenades might feel RNG because grenades drop-off and any slight movement will generally affect the AOE, especially when you get to the outer edges.

A USF Grenade goes from 1/0.75/0.25 in terms of damage with an AOE of 4 and a distance of 1/2/3.

Bundles could probably have their damage dropped from 120 to 100 as they still have good AOE distances. Gammon will always be an issue given its on a cloaked squad.

And since when did Axis have no real munition sinks? Soviets are the only one who no real munition sinks unless they go doctrines aside from mine or demo spam and....PTRS spam(?!).

3 May 2017, 11:41 AM

Standard grenades might feel RNG because grenades drop-off and any slight movement will generally affect the AOE, especially when you get to the outer edges.

A USF Grenade goes from 1/0.75/0.25 in terms of damage with an AOE of 4 and a distance of 1/2/3.

Bundles could probably have their damage dropped from 120 to 100 as they still have good AOE distances. Gammon will always be an issue given its on a cloaked squad.

And since when did Axis have no real munition sinks? Soviets are the only one who no real munition sinks unless they go doctrines aside from mine or demo spam and....PTRS spam(?!).

Considering the ridiculously high price on the Bundle Grenade, any reduction in power should come with a price drop.

And many Ostheer players have started to realise how shitty a deal the lMG 42 is on many (not all) maps compared to the G 43, due to the massive reduction in mobility (or better worded, the massive amount of DPS lost when fighting at anything but max range, due to the model holding the MG constantly moving and realigning the gun instead of firing).
This in turn has led to a much higher availability of ammunition points, because the G 43 is cheap and plentiful.
3 May 2017, 17:08 PM

not to mention that axis have no real munition sinks, so they keep throwing grenades like candy in a kids party.

I wish Ostheer floats muni.
4 May 2017, 03:56 AM

Still feel like the fuse time is the issue. Not the cost or the damage. Just the fact that it is incredibly easy to wipe a whole squad, which would be fine IF it was your fault for leaving the squad unattended. But often you just can't dodge the thing at all, it goes off in the blink of an eye. That is what is messed up about it, it is probably the most potent anti infantry thing outside the sturmtiger. I'm much more scared of bundle grenades than the sturmtiger, thats for sure and they regularly cause me more grief.
aaa
4 May 2017, 12:17 PM

i agree with that. Munition for axis is not neccesity=candy. They can normally play without munition. On the allied side there is no way to deal with LV rushes without munition. Since own lights arrive a lot latter.
4 May 2017, 15:17 PM

I wish Ostheer floats muni.

I wouldn't have munitions either if I had skill plane call ins like theirs and stuka bombs.
4 May 2017, 21:11 PM

The RNG of grenades (and all explosive AOE damage in CoH2 for that matter) is due to the tendency of infantry to clump up behind cover. Despite the best efforts of Relic and the modding community, I think this will continue to be an issue. Therefore, I propose that grenades receive similar treatment as landmines, in that the number of models that can be killed by any single grenade is limited. Applying a suppression modifier to the remaining models would be a fair trade-off in lethality and give grenades utility beyond squad wipes. In this way, even a sneaky commando grenade wouldn't kill a full health squad of grenadiers but would certainly force the survivors to retreat. I think Demo Charges should be treated similarly. The number of models and severity of the suppression could be directly proportional to the cost of the ability (e.g Demos leave 1 man standing of full squads, Bundles and Gammons kill 3/4 of max squad size, regular nades kill 2 models).
4 May 2017, 22:13 PM

That seems reasonable to me. Last night had a vet 2 captain and ranger squad wiped by a single grenade, which again I saw coming and still couldn't get out of range in time. So this or long fuse, because MAN does this annoy me. Pretty much the only thing I have to complain about in the game now.

The RNG of grenades (and all explosive AOE damage in CoH2 for that matter) is due to the tendency of infantry to clump up behind cover. Despite the best efforts of Relic and the modding community, I think this will continue to be an issue. Therefore, I propose that grenades receive similar treatment as landmines, in that the number of models that can be killed by any single grenade is limited. Applying a suppression modifier to the remaining models would be a fair trade-off in lethality and give grenades utility beyond squad wipes. In this way, even a sneaky commando grenade wouldn't kill a full health squad of grenadiers but would certainly force the survivors to retreat. I think Demo Charges should be treated similarly. The number of models and severity of the suppression could be directly proportional to the cost of the ability (e.g Demos leave 1 man standing of full squads, Bundles and Gammons kill 3/4 of max squad size, regular nades kill 2 models).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 28
Germany 585

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment