Login

russian armor

Does OKW need AT snare at all?

26 Apr 2017, 18:16 PM

Permanently Banned
No.

The reason they got this in the first place was the light tank meta, T70 baserushes etc. It is gone now. And it doesn't work against the M3 anyway due to M3's speed and the short range of their Faust.

The Panzerfaust on volks is simply against the aggressive nature of this faction. Combined with 2x hidden puppchens in an ambush, destroying any vehicl is too easy even the ones with 800HP+. Removing the camo ability from pupchens is a no go as it is in perfect synergy with their design and faction playstyle in general. However there is nothing wrong with taking away the panzerfaust from volks.

And then there is also the crisis of volkgrenadiers being too versatile at the moment.

• Remove the Panzerfaust ability from volkgrenadiers.
26 Apr 2017, 18:23 PM

As vetting fast with AT weapons and shreck sniping is removed, give back schreck and remove panzerfaust.
26 Apr 2017, 19:29 PM

Faust at vet 1 seems fair to me
26 Apr 2017, 20:36 PM

So let me get this straight, now because you have no OP light tanks. You want Volks to be completely defenseless against your poor micro tanks that can no longer snipe units at ease and forces you to use skill in micro.

Yes they still need Faust
26 Apr 2017, 21:29 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Every faction should have a snare on their main infantry, if you ask me.
But the Volksgrenadiers' Panzerfaust could be replaced by a Panzerwurfmine (AT grenade) with the same stats as the Soviet AT grenade - less range and penetration than the Panezrfaust, that is. It could also use the same model, as it looks at least somewhat similar.
26 Apr 2017, 21:34 PM

They shoudlnt, because I cant crush them well enough (anymore :( ). On a serious note, why shouldnt they? Could argue similiar things about the Riflemen and it would make as little sense.
26 Apr 2017, 21:41 PM

wrong, they got snares cuz they lost shreks.
26 Apr 2017, 23:05 PM

Riflemen are able to equip zooks or LMGs that's the difference...
27 Apr 2017, 00:44 AM

Unless you want to see double bren and double M3 every game, I wouldn't remove pfaust from mainline OKW inf.
27 Apr 2017, 00:46 AM

Better question is why don't infantry sections get a snare.
27 Apr 2017, 00:48 AM

Better question is why don't infantry sections get a snare.

Glad someone brought this up tbh. I feel like vs OKW especially, but even vs Ostheer to an extent, you are almost obligated in 1v1 to go AEC because otherwise you only have PIATs and AT guns to deal with a PII or 222. AT guns get flanked incredibly easily, and PIATs are super cost prohibitive early in the game.
27 Apr 2017, 00:48 AM

Every faction needs a snare.

You can't make Volks snare too late or clown car spam = gg OKW.
27 Apr 2017, 00:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2017, 00:48 AMNano
Every faction needs a snare.

You can't make Volks snare too late or clown car spam = gg OKW.

Well okw does have the rak. It's sure not ideal, but neither is snares on tough mainline inf like volks at like 2min.
27 Apr 2017, 01:10 AM

Well okw does have the rak. It's sure not ideal, but neither is snares on tough mainline inf like volks at like 2min.

I agree, I am just making sure people understand the issue at hand. Lots of people seem to want it late or behind a paywall, by which time clown cars can be everywhere. Or even that crazy doctrinal USF jeep I forgot the name of.

People need to understand that since Volks cant get Shrek any more the Faust has taken a centre stage to stop clown cars.
27 Apr 2017, 01:51 AM

I'm holding out for when snares dont give xp left and right though.
27 Apr 2017, 01:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2017, 01:10 AMNano

I agree, I am just making sure people understand the issue at hand. Lots of people seem to want it late or behind a paywall, by which time clown cars can be everywhere. Or even that crazy doctrinal USF jeep I forgot the name of.

People need to understand that since Volks cant get Shrek any more the Faust has taken a centre stage to stop clown cars.

True true.
27 Apr 2017, 03:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2017, 00:48 AMDanielD

Glad someone brought this up tbh. I feel like vs OKW especially, but even vs Ostheer to an extent, you are almost obligated in 1v1 to go AEC because otherwise you only have PIATs and AT guns to deal with a PII or 222. AT guns get flanked incredibly easily, and PIATs are super cost prohibitive early in the game.

To be honest, the design of all WFA factions have always proven to be problematic. The lack of snares (Brits), of smoke (OKW), of Elite Infantry (USF), of realiable non-doc anti-building aka flamethrower are just redundant since they are the basic tools of every army in this game. How did Relic solve these at the first place? Oh, they just give these factions "power spikes" : Infantry Section extremely potent at raw AI damage, Rifleman extremely versatile, Volks extremely cost effective, etc. It's basically power creep that has been causing most of the imbalance to the game. Seriously, one day, give them all of these necessary tools, nerf/buff their "power spikes" accordingly, then we can expect a balance. As long as Brits don't get snare, OKW don't have smoke, USF don't get Elite Infantry, all of them don't get non-doc flamethrower, etc. , it will be a long way till this game get balance.‎
27 Apr 2017, 03:12 AM

To be honest, the design of all WFA factions have always proven to be problematic. The lack of snares (Brits), of smoke (OKW), of Elite Infantry (USF), of realiable non-doc anti-building aka flamethrower are just redundant since they are the basic tools of every army in this game. How did Relic solve these at the first place? Oh, they just give these factions "power spikes" : Infantry Section extremely potent at raw AI damage, Rifleman extremely versatile, Volks extremely cost effective, etc. It's basically power creep that has been causing most of the imbalance to the game. Seriously, one day, give them all of these necessary tools, nerf/buff their "power spikes" accordingly, then we can expect a balance. As long as Brits don't get snare, OKW don't have smoke, USF don't get Elite Infantry, all of them don't get non-doc flamethrower, etc. , it will be a long way till this game get balance.‎

Yeah well the modding team's way more committed than relic ever was so as long as relic doesn't shut down the community patches maybe there is some hope. I just wish they were given more freedom.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★