Login

russian armor

Historical Decals

25 Apr 2017, 14:38 PM

I saw quite a high quantity of these historical decals (There are insignia of the 9th SS Panzer Division, the Grossdeutschland Division, Panzer Lehr Division, Patton's 3rd Armour Division, etc.). Yet, ‎there aren't any of them available to be equipped into the automatch... I know they *cough*Relic*cough* have priority, but maybe slid some historical decals into a patch as a small bonus, maybe? Like, we had an entire section called "decals" in store, yet, it's empty ever since the day it was created.

P/s: I wrote this on my phone so I was unable to link some immediately... but I mean, it's not that hard to find. These historical decals are every where on the Steam workshop... Just please, put some in and purchasable with in-game credits. Might help spice up some symbolism in the game.‎
25 Apr 2017, 17:09 PM

I agree. Honestly I wish relic went with more of the historical skins, uniforms, flags, decals.

But unfortunately there are too many people in this world who get asshurt over a nazi flag. Was pathetic how the Russian community reacted opon games release.
25 Apr 2017, 17:42 PM

I agree. Honestly I wish relic went with more of the historical skins, uniforms, flags, decals.

But unfortunately there are too many people in this world who get asshurt over a nazi flag. Was pathetic how the Russian community reacted opon games release.

Russian reaction was quite funny
25 Apr 2017, 17:55 PM

Russian reaction was quite funny

This anger was quite obvious. Relic could show defenders of the Brest Fortress, or Paratroopers who stopped tanks offensive on Moscow. But instead, the Company of "Enemy at the Gates"
25 Apr 2017, 18:08 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

This anger was quite obvious. Relic could show defenders of the Brest Fortress, or Paratroopers who stopped tanks offensive on Moscow. But instead, the Company of "Enemy at the Gates"

Agreed, the anger was because of the Red Army's illustration in the campaign like true evil, even more than nazis. Not because there is nazi flag or something else from nazis. In that way, i believe, russian will like to see historical decals. But it is imho.
25 Apr 2017, 18:50 PM

Problem is that in some countries symbols like swastika (in nazi context) or sicle and hammer are forbbiden.

From my POV the way how they showed Soviets Union was quite accurate.
For me they were no different than Nazi (sometimes even worse).
25 Apr 2017, 19:49 PM

Problem is that in some countries symbols like swastika (in nazi context) or sicle and hammer are forbbiden.

And Western Allies are saints and liberators of the oppressed. Never killed nor harmed a single civilian. Not ever.

Also portraying Russians as animals slaughtering civilians was too much imo.
25 Apr 2017, 20:20 PM

Agreed, the anger was because of the Red Army's illustration in the campaign like true evil, even more than nazis. Not because there is nazi flag or something else from nazis. In that way, i believe, russian will like to see historical decals. But it is imho.

They show soviets how they should, but sadly some countries have problem with truth and with accepting the history...

About the nazi symbols, I never understood this politic. Ok third Reich did what they did, it was horrible and it shouldn't happen again but pretending that this thing never existed is rediculous...
It' not like after few historically accurate skins we gain more radical, nazi freaks

Great example: In Hearts of Iron in German edition except of replacing the swastika with german cross they even overshadowed the Hitler portrait :loco:
25 Apr 2017, 20:47 PM

There may have been some truth to the portrayal of the Soviet Union BUT look at the portrayal of the allied heroes in coh1. Good guys, saving people and the world.

When actually, British and American artillery caused more French civilian deaths than the Luftwaffe caused to British civilians. You know, our guys weren't charging in, fighting close combat, we were mostly arty-striking cities then mopping up what was left.

So if Relic is gonna go "historically accurate about atrocities", fine but apply it evenly, surely?

Some allied war crimes for your interest:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allied_war_crimes_during_World_War_II
25 Apr 2017, 21:00 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2017, 20:20 PMStark

They show soviets how they should, but sadly some countries have problem with truth and with accepting the history...

I am not communist, and i don't like communism at all. But this War is realy important for my fellow citizens, and for me. Actually, most families lost someone in this War in ex-USSR. My great-gradfather died in 1942 under Smolensk in action.
Red army it is first of all, soldiers, and their stories. They have done their duty, and doesn't deserve to show them as a bunch of bandidts, who burn or shooting civilians, or betraing their friends, shooting them in the back.
It is Company of Heroes, not documentary film about war crimes in WW2.
P.S. Idk, what about USA campaign in Ardens Assault. Did Relic showed war crimes in the USA army too or not?

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2017, 20:20 PMStark

About the nazi symbols, I never understood this politic. Ok third Reich did what they did, it was horrible and it shouldn't happen again but pretending that this thing never existed is rediculous...
It' not like after few historically accurate skins we gain more radical, nazi freaks

Yeap, i find it stupid too. Сensorship is not good :ph34r:
25 Apr 2017, 21:20 PM

Well for me Red Army is a bunch of bandits (sorry). You just can't call them different. They invaded my country together with Nazi, they work together with them, they slaughtered entire command of polish army etc etc

In the eyes of Russians they are probably saviours from the Nazi, but in my eyes and probably in eyes of many other nations they are not.

Showing Soviets as a heroes fighting for their country could lead to showing Nazi fighting to protect their own country (or rather territory) from the "communist plague".

It's a history.
25 Apr 2017, 21:36 PM

It's a history.

I like how some Poles forget about Munich Agreement.
25 Apr 2017, 21:43 PM

I like how some Poles forget about Munich Agreement.

Though times made by nationalistic governments around the whole Europe. Tho annexing 900km^2 space where for the long time major inhabitants were Poles, in times where everyone was trying to get even a small part of land is hardly comparable to what Soviets did.
Plus it came back to Czech Republic.
25 Apr 2017, 21:46 PM

Though times made by nationalistic governments around the whole Europe. Tho annexing 900km^2 space where for the long time major inhabitants were Poles, in times where everyone was trying to get even a small part of land is hardly comparable to what Soviets did.
Plus it came back to Czech Republic.

This is still not an excuse.
25 Apr 2017, 21:49 PM

This is still not an excuse.

The excuse is that it was meant to be polish in 1918 and then 2 yrs later moved to Czech Republic and that it was inhabited by polish mostly. Plus there was no invasion for Zaolzie. Hardly comparable to anything during WWII.

Damn, hardly comparable to anything what Colonists did around the whole world.
25 Apr 2017, 21:56 PM

The excuse is that it was meant to be polish in 1918 and then 2 yrs later moved to Czech Republic and that it was inhabited by polish mostly. Plus there was no invasion for Zaolzie. Hardly comparable to anything during WWII.

Every war began from "small" crimes. Of course it's silly to compare after everything what happened during WW2. But eventually, Munich Agreement, just as other many violations of peace lead to a war.
25 Apr 2017, 21:57 PM

Damn, hardly comparable to anything what Colonists did around the whole world.

You're right, not in the same league. But good to remember every country has some guilt. Red Army and Soviet Union did awful things but so did every other country. Only Lelic doesn't want to show WA as bad, only SU
25 Apr 2017, 22:07 PM

Maybe enough political and history crime discussion? It's never ended good, every side will stay on their own. War is cruel and no one who entered into the war can't say "I'm holy and don't hurted anyone innocence soul". IMO every historically based game must be neutral to every side of conflict, and not to show one side as good and other side as bad. If player will want he could read some books about this history period and made his own decision. And how one german general said "If you know war only from your side you have only half of knowledge, but if know war frow enemy side too you got full understanding".
25 Apr 2017, 22:20 PM

Yeah this is getting side tracked along the historical portrayals Relic took, let's end it here since this has been discussed in other places 100's of times.

On the decals, Relic should have someone spend an afternoon curating and ok'ing many of these, like for instance their own, which are not currently allowed in automatch but I don't think the resources for that exist anymore. A great idea that may have been more likely to survive if THQ hadn't died during game development.
25 Apr 2017, 22:29 PM

Speaking of decals..............

It would be awesome to be able to click and name your tanks each game as you build them and that be seen by allied and enemy players. (voluntarily)

I.e Robert Dicks Sherman was called "CUTTHROATS" because he was in C division while fighting in the Pacific.

Would easily add some personality to the game and the community
May help casters by having names for the tanks

Funny ruse would be to build 2 tanks and give them the same name!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 94
France 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment