Login

russian armor

A question about grenades

21 Apr 2017, 16:04 PM

Is it possible to make a grenade ability that only makes 2 members of the casting squad_unit to throw grenades? So that means 1 cast = 2 grenades thrown. The issue I'm facing is that there's not much options I can find other than one_entity, squad, or all_entities in the casting option.

Actually, I could just make 2 separate entity_types and give the other type the grenade ability, then make the ability cast on all_entities to make the entity_type throw the grenades, but if done this way -> then the squad will lose the ability to throw grenades if the 2 members (with the different entity_type) die. I've tried making a workaround with slot_items, but they aren't working or I'm not doing it right.

Has anyone achieved the 1 entity_type version? Please assist me if you know how to help.
21 Apr 2017, 16:30 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Couldn't you add two actions to the ability that both have one entity throw one grenade?
22 Apr 2017, 07:03 AM

Couldn't you add two actions to the ability that both have one entity throw one grenade?

No, because it doesn't work. I tried it myself by adding the same action 2 times that makes an entity throw grenade. At the end the ability casting type just overrides everything.
24 Apr 2017, 11:45 AM

I don't know if this would work, but I would approach this as follows.

Could you try giving your squad 2 identical slot items?

Then, make your grenade-throw ability a copy-paste of the Infiltration grenade ability, with the difference that the only entities that should be allowed to throw the grenades should possess those slot items.

Initially, make your slot items identical to the default weapon of the squad you want to modify (e.g., give 2 mosin slot items to a conscript squad).

Then, try to see what happens if the slot items do not give any actual weapon to the conscripts; i.e., do they transfer properly?

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★