Login

russian armor

Infiltration units needs a change

21 Apr 2017, 06:20 AM

When in doubt, don't pull info out of your ass.

http://stat.coh2.hu/weapon.php?filename=panzer_grenadier_bundled_stielgranate_mp
http://stat.coh2.hu/weapon.php?filename=tommy_gammon_bomb_medium

Both do 120dmg.

The hammer grenade/satchel does 200 but takes eons to explode.

Ill concede
24 Apr 2017, 13:58 PM

Actually, I find that they cover a lot of the brits' weaknesses really well. Garrison messing with you? No problem. Sneak a gammon bomb in. Mortar giving you trouble? Hold fire and hunt it down from camo, and even steal it afterwards. They're in some really good commanders too. Commandos are literally the only reason that brits don't absolutely have to build pits every single game.

You got me wrong there, I was talking about Stormtroopers.
24 Apr 2017, 14:03 PM

Probably because the design of Stormtroopers as Infiltration Units is actually balance and it's not a complete insta-nuke-your-support-weapon kind of unit: They infiltrate, they harass; if enemy don't relocate their support units, they will get wiped (Rather than Commandos and Fallschirmjagers where you don't even have time to relocate your support units... they just got god damn insta-wiped with nuke nades and extreme close-range DPS, which is just pure cheese!). My suggestions are to make them more balance similar to Stormtroopers, while adding the increase capping speed to highlight their role as infiltrators/supply-line disruptors, not nuking-your-sh*t-then-run kind of cheese.

P/s: Maybe just me, but if my suggestions actually work, I would want to see Stormtroopers' Medkits got replace with "Booby Traps" (Similar to JLI and Obers) to further highlight their disrupting role. ‎

Stormtroopers may be balanced as a unit, but that was not what I was talking about. Stormtroopers are entirely pointless to the faction as a whole. They are overly expensive for their performance (especially when considering their performance with any of their upgrades), and they don't do anything that can't be done by other units. Even their cloak is covered by other doctrines, all of which have more value to Ostheer than Encirclement.
24 Apr 2017, 15:00 PM

Stormtroopers may be balanced as a unit, but that was not what I was talking about. Stormtroopers are entirely pointless to the faction as a whole. They are overly expensive for their performance (especially when considering their performance with any of their upgrades), and they don't do anything that can't be done by other units. Even their cloak is covered by other doctrines, all of which have more value to Ostheer than Encirclement.

I understand what you meant... I mean, overall, Stormtroopers with StGs are basically Panzergrens on steroid, while Stormtroopers with Schrecks are just mediocre Panzergrens. But just the idea of calling them any building is already quite game changing... Actually, they can do 1 thing that can't be done by other units: infiltrate. It might sounds lame and lackluster, but just to be able to pop them immediately with out build time and quickly decap enemy territory are just more then enough to make them stand out compared to Panzergrens... This is also why on this other thread where ferwiner proposed a way better change to infiltration units' decapping speed, which will ensure to highlight this "harassing role" even more.‎

P/s: Encirclement Doctrine is like a raw, unpolished gem. To pull one good Close the Pocket is just difficult most of the time, but that doesn't make this commander unvaluable... In fact, it's the strongest commander if well-handled
26 Apr 2017, 02:03 AM

You got me wrong there, I was talking about Stormtroopers.

Oh yeah. They're basically more expensive pgrens that also cost 100 muni and get camo in cover (not to be underestimated). Too much overlap with pgrens and not enough advantages to be a unit worth building IMO.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★