Login

russian armor

How to do group menu actions

15 Apr 2017, 12:21 PM
Modmaker Badge

Hi mod community:

I am here with a question for abilities. Basically I want to group certain abilities in a common menu when you pick multiples different squads.

For example: I created a sprint ability for all infantry units in game.
Then what I want ?

I want to the sprint ability can be select by the player when you select multiple infantry units of different kinds.

For example: I want to be able to select sprint ability when I select a group of Pios, Volksgrenadiers and Grenadiers.

I already tried a few things but I fail:
(in the ability ext)

. Change the: ui_combine_type
I used all of them, union/intersection/do not combine)

. Change the: ui_group_cast_type
I used single/multi

If someone have a clue about how to mod it correctly I will be very grateful for the help

Regards
Olhausen

15 Apr 2017, 13:53 PM

I don't know what is the purpose of ui_combine. I never had it work for me.

multi-etc determines how many squads will execute an ability if you have multiple squads selected. For instance, cromwell smoke shell has a single guy shooting the shell (because everybody shooting smoke shells is a waste). Sherman smoke mortar has multi, and just wastes ammo/cooldown.

To make same abilities show up when you select a group of units, they need to belong to the same selection group (I believe that's under sbps).

If two units belong to the same selection group, doubleclick-selecting the first unit will also select the second unit.

To see what I mean, try adding a hold fire ability to the P4, the Brummbar, Pak40 and the Raketenwerfer.

If you select the Pak40 and the Raketenwerfer at the same time, hold fire will show. This is because both AT guns belong to the same selection group (i.e., anti-tank guns?)

However, if you select the Brummbar and the P4, hold fire will not show up.

The downside of putting things in the same selection group is, well, you change what happens when you ctrl-click a unit. I would probably survive if you grouped all combat infantry units together. However, I would be a bit annoyed if that also selected my repair pioneers, etc.

If you find a workaround that doesn't require putting squads in the same selection group, let me know!

PS: Try putting the lieutenant squad in the same selection group as riflemen, and I believe that will make grenades/ smoke grenades show up when group selected.
15 Apr 2017, 15:01 PM
Modmaker Badge

Many thanks for the tip ! I will give it a try ;)
I will try it when I will be at home in a few hours

Regards
Olhausen
16 Apr 2017, 10:54 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

"ui_combine_type" should determine which abilities will show up if you select several different squads. With "union", you would get all abilities from all squads, while "intersection" would give you only the abilities that every squad has.

Further explanation here: https://www.coh2.org/topic/52484/cross-unit-abilities/post/530025

That said, this attribute has never quite worked for me. However, putting units in the same selection group might actually be the requirement for it to work!
16 Apr 2017, 11:58 AM
Modmaker Badge

Thanks a lot ;) I will work on it today
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment