Login

russian armor

Conscripts y u so bad

11 Apr 2017, 16:57 PM

Title says it all.

This unit needs something, I just can't believe how much I can't rely on them. Only decent early game, lackluster vet, lackluster performance, only upgrades are doctrinal :foreveralone:

Molotov wind up feels like a minute and the at nade - merge functions are basically the only nice thing about this unit if you ask me.

:foreveralone:

Crumbum made an excellent suggestion!

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2017, 07:36 AMCrumbum
PPSH upgrade should be non-doctrinal which must be unlocked from hq and then purchased for each conscript (3x ppsh).

At nades and molotovs should be merged as a single unlock but at a higher cost. If they are to remain separate however, then either molotovs must be buffed or their unlock cost must be reduced.

Other than this I would say conscripts are fine since they have good utility and low reinforce costs.
11 Apr 2017, 16:59 PM

Permanently Banned
Cons are cheap unit, thay are fine for support (c) Some axis lovers in threads.
11 Apr 2017, 17:05 PM

Eventhough I prefer axis, I do have the opinion that the conscripts need some love
11 Apr 2017, 17:05 PM

Cons are cheap unit, thay are fine for support (c) Some axis lovers in threads.

I am an Axis lover and even I can see cons suck balls
11 Apr 2017, 17:35 PM
Senior Referee Badge

Disagree, have a look at one of the games that talisman played as soviet lately
11 Apr 2017, 17:48 PM

Disagree, have a look at one of the games that talisman played as soviet lately

Oh yeah one game will totally change everyone's mind about conscripts. As a matter of fact, they need nerfs, yeah that is it!
11 Apr 2017, 17:53 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Conscripts are a support unit and they work fine for that. Big problem is that all the conscript focused commanders suck dick. As a single squad they are fine, but you can't rely on them alone. Commander choice should make up for this gap but it doesn't. Best way to fix cons is fix the commanders.
11 Apr 2017, 18:19 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I'm really confused on conscripts placement currently. If they're a support unit, what is the soviet mainline infantry? Penals? Maxims? Penals are in such a weird spot imo as elite infantry that can 1v1 any stock infantry from axis early game and we all know maxim spam is horrid to play against. I don't see a problem with buffing accuracy to conscripts and removing some of their current factors to make them stronger mainline fighting forces.

All I want for conscripts is to be reliable backbone infantry so soviets can use them instead of having to resort to maxim spam or penal spam. Buff their accuracy so they're not RNG cannons and nerf their damage or DPS through reload or CD I don't care. Make penals a lategame infantry and buff accordingly, similar to obersoldaten or Pgrens. But giving a faction a unit they can build right out of T1 that can slaughter anything the axis can field early game is just a horrid design.
11 Apr 2017, 18:22 PM

Title says it all.

This unit needs something, I just can't believe how much I can't rely on them. Only decent early game, lackluster vet, lackluster performance, only upgrades are doctrinal :foreveralone:

Molotov wind up feels like a minute and the at nade - merge functions are basically the only nice thing about this unit if you ask me.

I can not rely on them even at the beginning of the round. While the engineers are building T2 and the conscripts are going to the point, OKW sturm pioneers are already sitting in a building near my base and raping conscripts. Molotov cocktail? God, he throws him with such speed as if suffering from cerebral palsy, you can pick your nose and take soldiers out of the building. After the patch is not possible to play a combination of conscripts + T2. Only T1 and penal can help against the new ultra OKW spam

I'd rather prefer the combination of a osttrooppen plus T0 MG-42
11 Apr 2017, 18:48 PM

Cons should not and are not support infantry, Osttruppen are support infantry but they are used as doctrinal mainline infantry since they can be easily spammed since they're cheap as dirt.

Unless you tweak their stats the amount of default upgrades and can get are very limited.

Can't give em DP-28s since guards have them.

AT Rifles are Guards, Tank Hunter and Penal speciality.

PPSh is doctrinal in many commanders.

What's left, an upgrade for 8 men squads?

And the molotov throwing animation is already in game and I don't think can be sped up.
11 Apr 2017, 18:49 PM
Developer Relic Badge

I would say adjust their rifles first so they actually consistently deal damage and then possibly adjust the upgrades revolving around Conscripts, then work from there.
11 Apr 2017, 18:55 PM
Senior Referee Badge

Oh yeah one game will totally change everyone's mind about conscripts. As a matter of fact, they need nerfs, yeah that is it!

did i say they need a nerf?
aaa
11 Apr 2017, 19:01 PM

Cons ok.
I say it like 2 years give equal starting reasources to all facs. Like 500-600 mp.
After tier1 (okw t0) including first squad price. Now okw 690?, oh 560 mp. Su 410.
11 Apr 2017, 19:17 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2017, 19:01 PMaaa
Cons ok.
I say it like 2 years give equal starting reasources to all facs. Like 500-600 mp.
After tier1 (okw t0) including first squad price. Now okw 690?, oh 560 mp. Su 410.

What is this ?
aaa
11 Apr 2017, 19:34 PM

Suggest 1 of 2 aprroches

1. 1 support unit in t0. Mortar or mg. So you dont have to waste 160 mp in the opening. Also CE should not be sitting on the base for no reason while oponent taking the the center.

2. Cons to 260mp. Same 120mp reinf.\performance. Starting mp to 500 to allow build tier while having roughly same resourses for units as axis. Fast t1 and t2 builf. Maybe smth for CE early game to allow them not to retrat every time they face anything. Maybe just more sight range to start moving back earlier than enemy squad sees them.

11 Apr 2017, 19:39 PM

My fav unit. Eh, poor guys. To my mind, they have really strange accuracy, sometimes they can hit enemy from long range with one burst but sometimes they cant hit enemy even in mid range with couple of bursts. So your luck is playing the main role here which is not fine. Cons are support unit? Hell no. Only if u play heavy tier 2. They were designed to be main infantry since 2013 and it wasnt changed.
Phy
11 Apr 2017, 20:18 PM

Cons problem is that they don't deal any consistent damage. They are an ultra RNG unit, they sometimes drop models sometimes (most of the time) can't drop even hp from a squad.
Moreover they need a side upgrade (SVT?DP28?) but the argument about being them support unit is dumb. All factions should have a good basic stock infantry with strong and weak points. Cons atm have no strenght in any situation.
11 Apr 2017, 20:31 PM

i would give them the possibility to unlock PPSH when t4 is built

soviets lack of a non doctrinal Close combat infantry, especially in lategame.

and switch the doctrinal PPSH with DPs
11 Apr 2017, 21:48 PM

You're saying 'Cons', I'm saying 'snare'. Come on everybody. CONS - SNARE. CONS - SNARE. :bananadance:
I'm never using PPSh doctrines 'cause there's nothing interesting for me in them so for me cons is primarily unit with AT nade and having more than 2 of them is unproductive.
11 Apr 2017, 22:00 PM

Roll together 'nade tech, make mollies a little more expensive and throw faster. Smooth durability vet so its not all at vet3, replace tripflare for 15% increased grenade range. Merge will no longer consume the whole squad.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 29
Germany 736
unknown 21
Germany 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L