Login

russian armor

It'was our last game, i'm so sad.

• This thread is locked
PAGES (4)down
2 Apr 2017, 11:10 AM

If you actually played 4v4, you might notice that 4v4 and 3v3 problems can be fixed without changing anything at all in 1v1.

Jagdtiger, Elefant, spotting scopes, Panther spam, Comet spam, Calliope spam, double Walking Stuka, forward retreat points, vet5 obers, simcity and blobs in general - all those things are non-existant in 1v1 and could be changed without upsetting the balance in 1v1

^ This

People aren't asking for "perfect" balance for 4v4's. They just want asking for some of the most heavily-offending bullshit to be nerfed, so that games can have some variety.

Just like nerfing call-ins is so "obvious" for 1v1s to improve commander diversity, nerfing the Heavy offenders is equally "obvious". Both limit commander choices/playstyles for the respective modes.
2 Apr 2017, 11:15 AM

Axis is easy mod in teamgame since OKW release, you can't deny that
Stucka, JT, and Elephant are overperforming in teamgame
2 Apr 2017, 12:59 PM

It's like in real life , the vocal 1% is ruining the game for the rest of us 99% normal player.... But without us to trounce, you will have to face the like of you.

Ah,ah,ah,ah,ah, boy i'm mad.

Thought said you're leaving?

2 Apr 2017, 13:29 PM

Thought you said you're leaving?

I did quit, we didn't play COH2 this Sunday morning like we had been every day since the beta...

We evenly bought another RTS, that we did ignore for years... And we enjoyed it, i guess we weren't ready for it yet.

Anyway, unless a miracle happen, Coh2 is over for us. That very sad.

It's the first time a game/company reject willing to pay customers, for the sole reason that they want some fun in it's most played format...

I just a no one that won't be remember, but still i wish you success with your 1vs1 endavor.

Bye.

P.S: Maybe i still a baby, but i'm turning 51 year old soon...
2 Apr 2017, 13:31 PM
Donator 11

If you are really leaving you should ask mod to delete your account. Otherwise, there might still be a way back and coming back after such a thread wouldn't be very honorable, would it?
2 Apr 2017, 13:33 PM

If you are really leaving you should ask mod to delete your account. Otherwise, there might still be a way back and coming back after such a thread wouldn't be very honorable, would it?

Why so much hate ? Are you afraid of something ? Just don't read this thread, why do you even bother ?

Plz tell me ?
2 Apr 2017, 13:34 PM
Donator 11

Why so much hate ? Are you afraid of something ? Just don't read this thread, why do you even bother ?

Plz tell me ?

There is no hate, just a friendly advice.
2 Apr 2017, 13:48 PM

I do agree with ferwiner. Threads like these should always be honoured by moderators by deleting OP; it is more or less what they request.
2 Apr 2017, 13:58 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

If you actually played 4v4, you might notice that 4v4 and 3v3 problems can be fixed without changing anything at all in 1v1.

Jagdtiger, Elefant, spotting scopes, Panther spam, Comet spam, Calliope spam, double Walking Stuka, forward retreat points, vet5 obers, simcity and blobs in general - all those things are non-existant in 1v1 and could be changed without upsetting the balance in 1v1

While these points are true, nothing can be done because "scope". IIRC though, spot scopes were changed or maybe they were part of the reverted changes. Long range tank destroyers above 60 range (Ele, JT, and ISU152) are just poor design by relic. Comet spam is being addressed and how on earth do you even get vet 5 obers espeically in team games where its rocket arty galore?
2 Apr 2017, 14:04 PM
Donator 11

The Axis have better unit in each categories.

you are just plain wrong
take 1 sov, 1 usf and 2 brits
mark target, calliopes (stronger than any axis arty), comets (better than all allied tanks), arty cover, usf infantry, you still have a lot of strong stuff, its just not that OP anymore

of course you would upset the balance, and big time of course. i have marked the things in green you cannot chnage without changing the 1v1 balance and the things in red that are important in 2v2 AT (arguably a competetive format aswell)

^ This

come on man, you should know better. the only sensible thing to change is ressource income and more importantly cache income in 4v4, that would balance it much better

or do you want to balance the game for 4v4 annihilation on <insert camper map> aswell?
2 Apr 2017, 14:07 PM

how on earth do you even get vet 5 obers espeically in team games where its rocket arty galore?

Hehe, that's kinda the point. You are forced to use extensive arty because otherwise you will have those OKW vet5 soldiers roaming around the map. It kinda limits your choice of commander because brits and usf lack good anti-infantry-spam vehicles in their stock arsenal.
I consider Calliope the only viable doctrine for USF lategame in bigger teamgames right now, everything else can easily be beaten by axis.

I suggest you refrain from such bold and general statements before you haven't improved your own gameplay.
2 Apr 2017, 14:15 PM

Hehe, that's kinda the point. You are forced to use extensive arty because otherwise you will have those OKW vet5 soldiers roaming around the map. It kinda limits your choice of commander because brits and usf lack good anti-infantry-spam vehicles in their stock arsenal.
I consider Calliope the only viable doctrine for USF lategame in bigger teamgames right now, everything else can easily be beaten by axis.

The problem here is allies don't really have all that powerful squads lategame to standup to Obers once vetted. With rifle nerf and guard nerf brits are the only ones who have any chance with IS 2x brens. However if you're looking for a good way to blob lmgs as brits get commandos with brens, as they can run and gun like the obersoldaten. Rangers for USF definatly can beat obers with thompsons in the right map and ambush, but not running in open ground. Personally I wanted to buff conscripts to make them more reliable and make penals a lategame infantry for soviets so they wouldn't always have to rely on guards to deal out infantry damage lategame. However button is still invaluable.
2 Apr 2017, 14:20 PM

The problem here is allies don't really have all that powerful squads lategame to standup to Obers once vetted. With rifle nerf and guard nerf brits are the only ones who have any chance with IS 2x brens. However if you're looking for a good way to blob lmgs as brits get commandos with brens, as they can run and gun like the obersoldaten. Rangers for USF definatly can beat obers with thompsons in the right map and ambush, but not running in open ground. Personally I wanted to buff conscripts to make them more reliable and make penals a lategame infantry for soviets so they wouldn't always have to rely on guards to deal out infantry damage lategame. However button is still invaluable.

Buffing the allied infantry(usf and ukf) is out of question. Yet, if allies do not have the upper hand in tanks fight and neither in infantry battles, what's left for them?
2 Apr 2017, 14:22 PM

2 Apr 2017, 14:44 PM

Buffing the allied infantry(usf and ukf) is out of question. Yet, if allies do not have the upper hand in tanks fight and neither in infantry battles, what's left for them?

UKF and soviets have stronger tank destroyers. They also have mark target. Like I said units with range above 60 are just a design flaw by relic. And the allied mediums outclass the axis mediums by a long shot currently. It's not like allies are strung up by their gills, they just require more coordination because it's simply easier to play axis tanks because you don't have to micro as much and can bounce more shots.
2 Apr 2017, 14:50 PM

vet4-5 obers ofc needs a nerf, but at the same time vert4,5 needs to be more easily attainable for them.

jagd, ele and 152 are just dumb design but how would you nerf them? i think the best thing right now is to drastically raise their pop cap to decrease army size so those heavy tanks can get outnumbered
2 Apr 2017, 14:57 PM
Donator 11

I suggest you refrain from such bold and general statements before you haven't improved your own gameplay.

alright,then challenge my points. they may be general, but i dont think that they are bold. i just marked the things that are often used in 1v1 and 2v2, and then i made a logical conclusion

assuming you have a perfectly balanced and interesting 1v1, balancing the game for 4v4 can only make 1v1 less interesting. that is simple mathmatics.
2 Apr 2017, 15:05 PM

UKF and soviets have stronger tank destroyers. They also have mark target. Like I said units with range above 60 are just a design flaw by relic. And the allied mediums outclass the axis mediums by a long shot currently. It's not like allies are strung up by their gills, they just require more coordination because it's simply easier to play axis tanks because you don't have to micro as much and can bounce more shots.

How do they have stronger tank destroyers? Do you prefer a SU-85 vet3 or Firefly vet3 over a JP4 vet5? I don't.
Tank destroyers destroy tanks, not infantry - they are not the spearhead of an assault. They can only avert the power of tanks from their allies. How is that going to help the infantry if it's already overwhelmed by the enemy's infantry?

How are the allied mediums outclassing the axis mediums? What are you refering to? I don't know about you, but my favourite medium tank from the 640hp class is the OKW P4. That thing is a nightmare for the allies once he reaches vet4(granted he survives).

And how can you just call those heavy tank destroyers a design flaw? Are we now supposed to ignore them and act like they do not exist? How is your opinion helpful to form a consent?

Oh and btw, it's not like "allies" have mark target - there are 3 precisely 3 commanders from the Soviet faction that can use it. I might as well refer to "axis" having stuka bombs whenever anyone complains about op "allied" infantry.
2 Apr 2017, 15:11 PM

It kinda limits your choice of commander because brits and usf lack good anti-infantry-spam vehicles in their stock arsenal.

Are you fucking kidding me? Have you ever compared the performance of the Centaur to that of the Ostwind?! Seriously, statements like this (and there's more from you over the course of this thread) make me seriously doubt your understanding of the game.
2 Apr 2017, 15:18 PM

Are you fucking kidding me? Have you ever compared the performance of the Centaur to that of the Ostwind?! Seriously, statements like this (and there's more from you over the course of this thread) make me seriously doubt your understanding of the game.

I knew someone had to come up with this and tell us about the great and mighty Centaur. Let me enlight you about the actual purpose of the Centaur.

If it's not being chased down by vet hungry Stugs or Püppchen, it is spending it's time being repaired so you don't lose it when the enemy starts the next hunt on it. You might as well put a big sign on it: "Go after me! I'm free vet!"
PAGES (4)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 81

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment