Login

russian armor

Ostwind' suppression through bulletin

24 Mar 2017, 14:29 PM

So the Wehrmacht's Ostwind gains a small amount of suppression through the bulletin called "Massacre". However, how "small"? Like, it's quite good for a suppression gained from a bulletin. Probably around the amount of suppression of the MG34 or the Vickers, maybe? Can someone give me the stats and the comparison with other MGs?

P/s: To be honest, this is easily the most powerful and most useful bulletin amongst all other one... It literally provides extra utility for an unit!‎
24 Mar 2017, 14:33 PM

From my experience, the Ostwind can suppress an enemy unit outside cover in 2-3 bursts, depending on whether you're moving or not.

Using the bulletin requires a decent amount of effort, as you need to ensure that your Ostwind is facing the enemy squad at all times. The downside here is that you cannot control the target of the MG. Thus, if you're facing a blob the MG might end up changing targets with each burst.

Luckily, if you're facing a blob, it means your Ostwind will get tons of kills.

10/10 would use again.

Combine with hull down for the lulz.
24 Mar 2017, 14:48 PM

It can only suppress a single squad so it not like a HMGs that can suppress multiple.

Suppression applied 0.007, hmg-42 has 0.012 but one has to compare ROF.
24 Mar 2017, 15:32 PM

Combine with hull down for the lulz.

It had happened to me in a recent 1v1... Definitely gonna do it again! Like, a literal strategy : Go Festung Armour for Pak 43 + Panzer Tactician + Hull-down the Ostwind at main fighting ground. A 50-range hull-downed Ostwind that can suppress incoming infantries and shred them to pieces. However, still, what is the statistic though? ‎
24 Mar 2017, 16:21 PM
Senior Editor Badge

It had happened to me in a recent 1v1... Definitely gonna do it again! Like, a literal strategy : Go Festung Armour for Pak 43 + Panzer Tactician + Hull-down the Ostwind at main fighting ground. A 50-range hull-downed Ostwind that can suppress incoming infantries and shred them to pieces. However, still, what is the statistic though? ‎

See u in Nuremberg after the war m8
24 Mar 2017, 17:07 PM

See u in Nuremberg after the war m8

You'll never catch me alive :P :bananadance:
24 Mar 2017, 18:37 PM

1. Compare to other bullitens its no fetish but still useless.
2. Back in the day when it was possible to use 3 of bullitens Hulll MG of Ostwind was rellably suppressing infantry similar to current HMG34 with arc of Maxims.

Didn't find it usefullness coz Ostwind weak by itself as unit.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS