Thread title fixed
19 Mar 2017, 10:35 AM

Thread title fixed

Ah, what was bad this time ? :facepalm:
19 Mar 2017, 10:43 AM

I welcome all changes you suggested to Emplacements
19 Mar 2017, 12:18 PM
Donator 11

Well I think we can compare emplacements to the tiger ace, it is op but you can only build one despite it's penalties.

Who would build a tiger ace?

There are many important differences between TA and the pit. First of all TA is doctrinal while the pit is non-doc. That means that after limiting you will see exactly one pit per brit in every game you play, while in case of ace it is in one, not even often used, commander. Furthermore the TA is 17 CP which means about 90% of matches are going to end before it even becomes available. And finally, getting TA is a decision that has both pros and cons to it - you are going to suffer huge penalties and in fact if you don't manage to kill half of your opponents army at first attack, it won't be worth it. If you happen to be snared while at half health, its usually neither good in combat nor worth repairing... So yeah, the TA is definitely not a no-brainer. On the other hand, on smaller maps, the pit may be impossible to counter.

Another thing is though that the strategy that hector uses and described in his guide works becouse of how good cromwell is, not only the pit.
19 Mar 2017, 13:30 PM

I like the idea mentioned to reduce healing or making it unable to be repaired while being braced and i think brace should cost a little munitions.

I disagree with the crippling damage increase afterwards ... Not that I'm in favor of sim city but that's a bit much.
19 Mar 2017, 13:41 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Ah, what was bad this time ? :facepalm:

Hector´s Sggestion on how to fix Brace
:romeoMug:
19 Mar 2017, 13:44 PM

:romeoMug:

OMG I can´t even type :faint:
19 Mar 2017, 13:58 PM

Simply remove brace.

I don't get why brits should have everything. We had already the pak43, soviet and ost arty and they don't have broken brace.

19 Mar 2017, 14:01 PM
Donator 11

Simply remove brace.

I don't get why brits should have everything. We had already the pak43, soviet and ost arty and they don't have broken brace.

And they are useless. It's good that relic decided on a mechanic that allows the existance of emplacements - why would you add them if nobody is going to use them? Its all about making it ballanced, not removing it.
19 Mar 2017, 14:07 PM

Simply remove brace.

Then why is no one using them ?

I think lowering pak 43 damage, so it doesn´t 2 shot mediums while giving it brace will be good start.

Also ml20, lehft and b4 needs to survive offmap artillery with sliver of weapon health - crew will die and weapon will be almost dead, diing to any source of incoming fire, if it´s not repaired by engineers
19 Mar 2017, 14:09 PM

And they are useless. It's good that relic decided on a mechanic that allows the existance of emplacements - why would you add them if nobody is going to use them? Its all about making it ballanced, not removing it.

So add to the others too unless is useless; and for fuck sake remove (as said) the free repair.

With the time that relic now takes to balance/makes patches there should be an option to ban/veto the brits because they will never be balanced in some way; too many broken shit (land mattress. comets, crommwells ecc)
19 Mar 2017, 14:11 PM

So add to the others too unless is useless; and for fuck sake remove (as said) the free repair.

With the time that relic now takes to balance/makes patches there should be an option to ban/veto the brits because they will never be balanced in some way; too many broken shit (land mattress. comets, crommwells ecc)

Please calm yourself. Words like "for fuck sake" or "too much broken shit" aren´t going to help this discussion or move it somewhere positively.
19 Mar 2017, 14:13 PM

Please calm yourself. Words like "for fuck sake" or "too much broken shit" aren´t going to help this discussion or move it somewhere positively.

Is the sad reality ;)
19 Mar 2017, 14:14 PM

Is the sad reality ;)

Maybe yes, maybe not, but please, try to write in good manner. No one will listen do you, when you act like little crybaby.

Please note, that I´m just trying to help you. If you start b*tching on .org forums, thread will turn into fanboy wars. And fanboys wars often lead to bans ...
19 Mar 2017, 14:16 PM

Then why is no one using them ?

Speak for 1v1. 3v3+ up it's LeFH-on every game. Though, yes. Pak43s are a bit of a rarity. Pak43's used to be more common for the OKW emplacement commander. However OKW gets more leverage with LeFH + FlakHQ rather than with Pak43 + FlakHQ in the Calliope meta.

The primary reason artillery isn't fielded in other modes is the prohibitive MP cost (just offset FU to MP).

The reason why you only see LeFHs and not ML20/B4 is because you have no-brainer commanders (for the affected modes) that have abilities (e.g., Stuka-Dive-Bomb) that have been buffed to no-brainer levels.
19 Mar 2017, 14:30 PM
Donator 11

Speak for 1v1. 3v3+ up it's LeFH-on every game. Though, yes. Pak43s are a bit of a rarity. Pak43's used to be more common for the OKW emplacement commander. However OKW gets more leverage with LeFH + FlakHQ rather than with Pak43 + FlakHQ in the Calliope meta.

The primary reason artillery isn't fielded in other modes is the prohibitive MP cost (just offset FU to MP).

The reason why you only see LeFHs and not ML20/B4 is because you have no-brainer commanders (for the affected modes) that have abilities (e.g., Stuka-Dive-Bomb) that have been buffed to no-brainer levels.

The reason why you can see lefh more often is becouse the best allied commanders have no point and click to one shot off maps. At the same time stuka dive bomb is in meta in team games. If soviet commanders were ballanced and more FAB commanders were in use, lefh would by as rare as ml20.
19 Mar 2017, 15:23 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Who would build them then ? Having sitting duck that bleed you 50 munnition every time something attacks it isn´t something you want to build

Ever play COH1? We got by without such abilities just fine.
19 Mar 2017, 17:22 PM

The reason why you can see lefh more often is becouse the best allied commanders have no point and click to one shot off maps. At the same time stuka dive bomb is in meta in team games. If soviet commanders were ballanced and more FAB commanders were in use, lefh would by as rare as ml20.

That's what I meant. When you're playing pre-arranged as allies, you -always- have a Soviet player going Combined Arms or something like that. When you examine that commander in isolation, it looks solid, but kind of underwhelming.

Contrast this one to Jaeger Armor commander, which is one of the must commanders, regardless of whether you're going lone-wolf with rand-dumbs, or setting up a premade team.
19 Mar 2017, 17:42 PM
Donator 11

That's what I meant. When you're playing pre-arranged as allies, you -always- have a Soviet player going Combined Arms or something like that. When you examine that commander in isolation, it looks solid, but kind of underwhelming.

Contrast this one to Jaeger Armor commander, which is one of the must commanders, regardless of whether you're going lone-wolf with rand-dumbs, or setting up a premade team.

exactly, still it just prooves the point that they are not worth it as a unit, its only the current meta that makes some of them somewhat viable.
24 Mar 2017, 18:37 PM

I love all these ideas "Brace" is the most broken ability in the game and is totally rediculous. Why don't relic do something about it ?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★