Login

russian armor

Ægion's Balance and Rework

11 Mar 2017, 17:20 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

This mod does use the GCS Preview also.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=881371991

Currently in game, I do not like the pacing and balancing of the game between. This mod primary changes teching, balance, and a bit of experimental changes while changing the end game out come. Currently I have not touched any of the doctrines. Note I tried to make the fuel costs about on par with each other, if I made an oversight please let me know. If you have any comments, please post down below.

Soviets

T0 Regimental Field Headquarters

-Combat engineers
-Conscripts
-Commissar 300 Manpower

T1 Special Rifle Command 200 Manpower, 30 Fuel

-M-42 Light At Gun
-Sniper
-Scout Car
-Red Army Troops 300 Manpower
These are Penals renamed and reskined to use the Guards with out cape

T2 Support Weapon Kampaneya 200 Manpower, 30 Fuel

-Zis AT gun
-Maximums HGM
-Mortar
-Penal Battalion (Osttruppen Clone) 200 manpower
no AT grenades but can throw Molotovs and merge

T3 and T4 are the same but they do not require each other to build. Now it is an option to go for light vehicles or mediums. Requires T2

Partisan SMGs
can now be upgraded to STG 44s for 100 munitions to make their late game scaling better.
Now Cost 240 to spawn from 210

Conscript
Smg package now changes the ui symbol

Shocks
cost reduced from 390 to 360
vet 1 ability changed from trip flare to Tactical Assault
added an SVT upgrade to transform from a close range squad to a mid range squad.

Katyusha Rockets
Heavy cover damage from 1 to .5 to help prevent clumped up wipes

KV-1
Cost Reduced from 420, 140 to 350, 125

Maximim
-Altered the vet 1 ability
-New toggle mode: Assault mode
-Arc is 60 degrees
-No suppression
-more accuracy

Conscripts
Due to the slightly under performance in comparison to the new factions:
-RA changed from 1.087 to 1. This may be too much, will change if needed.

Combat Engineers
All of the newer faction engineers are inherently strong so to bring the combat engineers in line some changes were made so it can do more than just support in very minor ways.
-RA changed from 1 to .91
-cost change from 170 to 240
-Mosin naganet rifles now match Guards model's
-Flamethrower now requires Molotoves.

Overall the Faction has changed the least. The soivet faction revolves around cheap conscripts and call ins to specialized their army such as shocks, guards, and the IS 2.

Ostheer

T0 Kampfgruppe Headquarters

-Ostruppen 200 manpower
-Pioneers

T1 Infanterie Kompanie 200 manpower 30 fuel

-Grenadiers
-Mortar
-Mg 42
-Sniper (requires battlephase 1)
-Panzergrenadiers (requires battlephase 1)
-Pak 40 (requires battlephase 1)

-Infantry Armor Upgrade
150 manpower, 35 fuel
Pioneers, Grenadiers, Panzergrenadiers, Assault Grenadiers, and Stormtroopers gain 20 Health and .1 Armor. NOT Ostruppen

-Infantry Weapons
150 manpower, 15 fuel
Unlocks flamer, panzerfausts, G43s, and rifle grenades.

T2 Leichte Mechanized Kompanie 200 manpower, 60 Fuel

-222 Scout Car
-251 Halftrack
-250 open transport, 150 Manpower
can be upgraded with a Mortar for 200 manpower

-Puma (requires battlephase 1)
-Panzerwerfer (requires battlephase 3)

T3 Support Armor Korps 100 manpower 75 fuel
(requires battlephase 2)

-Ostwind
-Stug
-Panzer 4
-Panther (requires battlephase 3)
-Brummbär (requires battlephase 3)

Stormtroopers can no longer upgrade to the panzerscheck but can now throw a satchel charge to destroy caches.

Tactical Assault is now a Vet 1 ability for Assault Grenadiers and Stormtroopers.

Artillery officer updated
Call in cost increased from 240 to 270
Gained one additional body guard.
Affected by shared veterancy
Now vets up to vet 5
-vet 4 gains sprint
-vet 5 the aura is now permanent instead of an ability

Tiger Ace Reworked
No longer drains manpower and fuel
cost changed from 800, 0 to 700, 245
Starts at vet 0 and has up to 5 levels of veterancy

Pioneers
All of the newer faction engineers are inherently strong so to bring the combat engineers in line some changes were made so it can do more than just support in very minor ways.
-cost change from 200 to 240

JU-87 loiter is now replaced with a Strafe
Swapped positions with LMG 42 and G43
Osttruppen and Osttruppen reserves are now a LMG 34 upgrade for Osttruppen
Puma dispatch is now Hull down.

With the change up in teching up, choices can be made. Skip T1 for light vehicles, and then skip t3 for Panzerwerfers and use pumas for AT. There can be more strategies and choice to be made now.

USF

T0 Barracks

-Riflemen
-Rear Echelon
-Ambulance

T1 Lieutenant 300 Manpower, 30 Fuel

-Lieutenant (first one is still free)
-Mortar
-50 cal HMG
-Pak Howitzer (requires weapon racks)
-AT Gun (requires weapon racks)
-Utility Car (requires weapon racks)

T2 Captain 300 Manpower 60 Fuel
(requires Lieutenant)

-Captain (first one is still free)
-Stuart
-M15 AA Halftrack
-M8 Scott

T3 Major 300 Manpower, 150 Fuel
(requires Lieutenant)

-Sherman
-Jackson

Officers reworked
Lieutenant
-no longer has the Thompson or BAR
-Gained On me
-can upgrade to 2 1919 Lmgs for 150 munitions making into a non doctrine elite infantry

Captain
-no longer has the Thompson
-can upgrade to 2 1919 Lmgs for 150 munitions making into a non doctrine elite infantry
-lost On me and Supervise
-Gained the Majors real and fake arty

Major
-One man squad now.
-Now costs 200 manpower
-Gained Supervise
-lost real and fake arty
-5 levels of Veterancy
-at vet 4: able to call in a vet 2 rifleman
-at vet 5: promoted to Colonel and able to call in a non doctrinal Pershing.

Shermans can now be upgraded to a 105mm and/or bulldozer upgrades.

Rear Echelon
-Repair speed now equals the soviet's

Rifleman
-RA from .97 to 1

Forward Observers and 1919 weapon rack now replaced with Scoped rifles for 25 munitions each. This gives more of a difference between the 1919 and BARs.

Airborne
-Pathfinders reworked
Now at 0cp
Alternative to Rifleman
Gain the Scoped rifles with veterancy
RA to .91
260 mp
-Paradrop AT gun is now 100 munitions from 270 manpower
-Paradrop MG is now 75 munitions from 260 manpower
-Rocket Loiter is now a Strafe 120 Munitions

Recon Support
-Paradrop combat group now is paradrop paratroopers
-IR pathfinders are now a 2 man sniper unit
-Greyhound can now switch between ammo types. AP and Canister shot. Canister shot damage decreased from
80 to 40.

Mechanize
-M3 dispatch group is now a Greyhound dispatch

Heavy Cav
-Pershing AOE damage now equals to the Tiger Tank

Armor
-The doctrinal Bulldozer is replaced with the Easy Eight.
-Elite Vehicle Crews now give access to Shermans and Jacksons with five levels of veterancy.

USF received a big shake up to tech and help make the uncommon doctrine more usable. Now USF can receive all of their support weapons allowing more defensive place to happen.

OKW

T0 Command Headquarters

-Sturmpioneers
-Volksgrenadier
-Kubel

T1 Battlegroup Headquarters

-Lieg
-251 IR halftrack
-MG 34
-Raketenwerfer
-Flak Halftrack (requires Medics, and Infantry Weapons)
-Obersoldaten (requires Medics)

-Infantry Weapons
150 manpower, 15 fuel
Unlocks the Flamegrenades, Panzerfausts, LMG 34s, MP40s, MP 44s, and Panzerschecks

T2 Mechanized Regiment Headquarters
(requires T1)

-Panzer 2
-Puma
-Stuka zus Bus
-Opel Blitz (200 manpower)

T3 Schwerer Panzer Headquarters
(requires T1)

-Panzer 4
-Panther
-Jagdpanzer

Volks
-Cost from 250 to 260

-Sturmpios
-Repair speed now equals the soviet's

Fallschirmjager are now dropped in.

With Obersoldaten now available much early on there is now an alternative upgrade for Volksgenadier that may evenally replace the STG Package. Volksgenadier may now upgrade to 5 MP 40s and gain use of smoke grenades, sprint, and tactical assault. This will help differentiate Volks and Obers in late game damage. Addionaly the starting sturmpioneer squad is now volksgrenadier.

British

T0 Field Headquarters

-Infantry Sections
-Royal Engineers
-Universal Carrier
-Medics

T1 Platoon Command Post 200 manpower 30 Fuel
-Vickers HMG
-6 lbs AT gun
-Mortar, equal to the USF Mortar
-Sniper (Requires anvil)
-Assault Commandos (requires hammer) 350 manpower
5 man squad, armed with semi automatic rifles
-AEC (requires hammer)

Now in this building Hammer OR Anvil is researched.

Hammer will allow usage of the Assault Commandos, AEC, and Comet
Anvil will allow usage of Mg emplacements, 17 Lbs AT Guns, 5 man squads, Sextons, and Churchills

T3 Company Command Post 200 manpower, 135 Fuel.

-Cromwell
-Centaur
-Firefly
-Comet (requires hammer)
-Churchill (Requires anvil)
-Sexton (Requires anvil)

Comets and Churchills can no longer throw grenades
Churchill's smoke no longer slows them down. Additionally their vet 1 adds a pintle mount to increase anti-infantry.

Tactical Support
-Recovery operations now cost 250 manpower and only spawns one squad of Engineers

Royal Artillery
-Valentines are now 5 cp from 6
-Valentines now can switch ammo types from AP to HE
-Valentines Vet 1 ability is now the recon mode. Previous Vet 1 ability removed.
-Sextons are no longer Doctrinal
-Sexton call replace with a 25lb emplacement

Advance Emplacements
-Now enables the useage of mortar pits and bofors
-Precision barrage replace with a 25lb emplacement

Infantry sections are 260 manpower but now have a received accuracy of .9 from .8
Royal engineers are 240 manpower but now have a received accuracy of .9 from .8

The UKF are now more reliant on the decision of Hammer or Anvil. Both give game defining touches to the UKF style.

All democharges are changed and are the same.
They do 70 damage
Severe suppression
Force a retreat after 5 seconds

All Infiltration units now have a yellow flare dropped 10 second delay before spawning. Garrsoning a unit in the building we prevent the on field spawn and spawned unit to comes off map. This will enalbe counter play to infiltration units

HMG 42, HMG 34, Dshk, and M2B Ap rounds has been changed. No longer a timed event. Now they load in one Mag/Box of AP rounds and will change back to original rounds upon reloading.

If I miss any edits please let me know. After working on this for so long, things start to get a bit blurry.
12 Mar 2017, 17:18 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Updated

Reworked the soviet teching to be more like the live version with some tweaks

Added Sherman upgrades

Fallschirmjagers are now dropped in.

other minor fixes
13 Mar 2017, 11:05 AM

The mod looks nice.
21 Mar 2017, 13:29 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Updated

All Infiltration units now have a yellow flare dropped 10 second delay before spawning. Garrsoning a unit in the building we prevent the on field spawn and spawned unit to comes off map. This will enalbe counter play to infiltration units

HMG 42, HMG 34, Dshk, and M2B Ap rounds has been changed. No longer a timed event. Now they load in one Mag/Box of AP rounds and will change back to original rounds upon reloading.

Minor/Major fixes has been made.
21 Mar 2017, 15:07 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

All Infiltration units now have a yellow flare dropped 10 second delay before spawning. Garrsoning a unit in the building we prevent the on field spawn and spawned unit to comes off map. This will enalbe counter play to infiltration units.

Wow. That is an excellent change, actually. Love that idea.
30 Mar 2017, 21:35 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Updated

Ostheer

Artillery officer updated
Call in cost increased from 240 to 270
Gained one additional body guard.
Affected by shared veterancy
Now vets up to vet 5
-vet 4 gains sprint
-vet 5 the aura is now permanent instead of an ability

Tiger Ace Reworked
No longer drains manpower and fuel
cost changed from 800, 0 to 700, 245
Starts at vet 0 and has up to 5 levels of veterancy

Swapped positions with LMG 42 and G43. This will help prevent the A move style

USF

Officers reworked
Lieutenant
-no longer has the Thompson or BAR
-Gained On me
-can upgrade to 2 1919 Lmgs for 150 munitions making into a non doctrine elite infantry. Since they do not have the levels of veterancy for received accuracy like rifleman they should be fine, but let me know if I need to tone them down a bit
The Lieutenant can now more than support the infantry can just more than fire support with the ability of On me

Captain
-no longer has the Thompson
-can upgrade to 2 1919 Lmgs for 150 munitions making into a non doctrine elite infantry. Since they do not have the levels of veterancy for received accuracy like rifleman they should be fine, but let me know if I need to tone them down a bit
-lost On me and Supervise
-Gained the Majors real and fake arty
Since the Captain is now more a side tech, adjusting the captain to have more field support while his other abilities are diverted to the officers.

Major
-One man squad now.
-Now costs 200 manpower
-Gained Supervise
-lost real and fake arty
-5 levels of Veterancy
-at vet 4: able to call in a vet 2 rifleman
Now the Major now is more of back line support and with enough veterancy he can call in more heavier support but being a lone man makes this squad prime for assassination.

Forward Observers and 1919 weapon rack now replaced with Scoped rifles for 25 munitions each. This gives more of a difference between the 1919 and BARs. Additionally these units gain sight range when behind cover.
31 Mar 2017, 14:19 PM

I think that with those changes, the USF infantry roster might actually start making sense. Especially the officers, that is.
2 Apr 2017, 22:59 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

New Update

Added in most updates from the GCS preview

Soviets

In related to the thread: https://www.coh2.org/topic/60123/contest-new-maxim-vet1-ability
This is my answer in action.
Maximim
-Altered the vet 1 ability
-New toggle mode: Assault mode
-Arc is 60 degrees
-No suppression
-more accuracy

USF

Due to the thread here: https://www.coh2.org/topic/60062/airborne-company
My answer since pathfinders compete with riflemen in the same role, I made them an early game alternative. In comparison, grens will still win at long range while the pathfinders will win at close range in the beginning.

Airborne
Pathfinders reworked
-Now at 0cp
-Alternative to Rifleman
-Gain the Scoped rifles with veterancy
-RA to .91
-260 mp

Armor
-Elite Vehicle Crews now give access to Shermans and Jacksons with five levels of veterancy and removes the Thompson upgrade.

UKF
The sexton is a bit more of a heavier artillery piece. While lower impact compared other factions non doctrinal arty, they at least have some. the 25lb emplacement will enable doctrinal heavy non MLRS artillery for fire support. The bofor is moved to avance emplacement in order to make room for a weaking area denial MG emplacement. I would like to add the mortar pit and bofors to the Royal Engineers load out but that would probably replace the very weak flame mortar. Something for the future perhaps.

MG emplacement added to anvil

Royal Artillery
-Sextons are no longer Doctrinal
-Sexton call replace with a 25lb emplacement

Advance Emplacements
-Now enables the usage of mortar pits and bofors
-Precision barrage replace with a 25lb emplacement
3 Apr 2017, 02:25 AM

Satisfying, although it may be necessary to increase the cost. At 15 ammo it'd be a no brainer to always have incendiary rounds loaded. Also, when does the cooldown timer begin?

Updated

Haha. At first I thought this devalued the heavy cav commander, but I suppose it really would be a nice reward for getting a single major to vet 5. And the counterplay is pretty obvious.

Interesting mod. I wouldn't mind seeing some of this in a future patch.
3 Apr 2017, 04:04 AM

no buffs for obers and falls usf infantry just mowes them down they are supposed to be the best...a damage buff for both will do good
3 Apr 2017, 09:41 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

no buffs for obers and falls usf infantry just mowes them down they are supposed to be the best...a damage buff for both will do good

Obers comes out of T1 plus medics, falls no longer need a building. I recreated a thread to change falls but people did not like my idea.
3 Apr 2017, 10:44 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Satisfying, although it may be necessary to increase the cost. At 15 ammo it'd be a no brainer to always have incendiary rounds loaded. Also, when does the cooldown timer begin?

Yeah, most likely 15 mun is too low. 30 maybe good. Currently the cooldown starts when the rounds are first loaded but I can most likely change that to after the reload of the weapon.
3 Apr 2017, 15:01 PM

Obers comes out of T1 plus medics, falls no longer need a building. I recreated a thread to change falls but people did not like my idea.

do it its your idea people might like it wehn you implement it,,,and obers i think should be the best infantry so maybe make them t4 and return their og lmg damage so they dont get overrun by standard infy
3 Apr 2017, 16:23 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

do it its your idea people might like it wehn you implement it,,,and obers i think should be the best infantry so maybe make them t4 and return their og lmg damage so they dont get overrun by standard infy

Have near unkillable infantry. No
4 Apr 2017, 08:30 AM

Have near unkillable infantry. No

no..??

they were just fine after the third or second nerf obers got but further nerfs made them underpowered...2 bren tommies vs vet 3 obers and obers lose what is the okw asnwer to this one is general purpose and other is dedicated expensive late arriving anti infy unit doesn't feel fair to me...same with falls (although its their vet sucks tbh)
4 Apr 2017, 12:15 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

no..??

they were just fine after the third or second nerf obers got but further nerfs made them underpowered...2 bren tommies vs vet 3 obers and obers lose what is the okw asnwer to this one is general purpose and other is dedicated expensive late arriving anti infy unit doesn't feel fair to me...same with falls (although its their vet sucks tbh)

There problem right now is timing, not strength. Since now they can come out so much earlier they do not have to face vet three units. The opponent does not have a full load out on their units . Thus can gain veterancy much earlier so they can continue to scale into the late game like all other infantry.

However, I am working on a anti-tank package for them.
4 Apr 2017, 15:39 PM

There problem right now is timing, not strength. Since now they can come out so much earlier they do not have to face vet three units. The opponent does not have a full load out on their units . Thus can gain veterancy much earlier so they can continue to scale into the late game like all other infantry.

However, I am working on a anti-tank package for them.

ok i get it but what about them being elite more expensive dedicated anti infy unit vs losing to tomies wiht 2 brens or 2 bar rilfe mid range..?? that not right too same with falls
7 Apr 2017, 01:02 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

New Update

Engineers
Due to how enigneers power level gapped between the orginal and DLC were, I decided to even them out.
- Now all have the same repair rate of the Pioneers and Combat engineers

Combat Engineers
-cost change from 170 to 240
-Mosin naganet rifles now match Guards model's
-Flamethrower now requires Molotoves.

Pioneers
-cost change from 200 to 240

Soviets

Conscripts
Due to the slightly under performance in comparison to the new factions:
-RA changed from 1.087 to 1. This may be too much, will change if needed.

Ostheer

Since now with scaling and timing changed the free teching items are now require an upgrade.
-Infantry Weapons
150 manpower, 15 fuel
Unlocks flamer, panzerfausts, G43s, and rifle grenades.

JU-87 loiter is now replaced with a Strafe due to the over preforing nature of this ablity.
Osttruppen and Osttruppen reserves are now a LMG 34 upgrade, equal to an LMG 42 when in cover, for Osttruppen due to this ability being obsolete
Puma dispatch is now Hull Down due to this ability being obsolete.

USF

Rifleman
Due to the slight overperforming nature of riflemen, a minor tweak is needed.
-RA from .97 to 1

P47 Rocket Loiter is now replaced with a Rocket Strafe.

OKW

Volks
Due to the slight overperforming nature of Volks,a minor tweak is needed.
-Cost from 250 to 260

Obers
New anti-tank package
-4 PzB AT rifles
-reduced anti infantry damage to increase damage vs vehicles.
-100 munitions

Since now with scaling and timing changed the free teching items are now require an upgrade.
-Infantry Weapons
150 manpower, 15 fuel
Unlocks the Flamegrenades, Panzerfausts, LMG 34s, MP40s, MP 44s, and Panzerschecks

7 Apr 2017, 13:10 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

-Infantry Armor Upgrade
150 manpower, 35 fuel
Pioneers, Grenadiers, Panzergrenadiers, Assault Grenadiers, and Stormtroopers gain 20 Health and .1 Armor. NOT Ostruppen

Giving additional health to infantry models is a huge change, since most weapons are standardized to deal a multiple of 80 damage. I honestly don't think that is a good idea. How about giving some squads a fifth man via an upgrade or veterancy?
7 Apr 2017, 13:50 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Giving additional health to infantry models is a huge change, since most weapons are standardized to deal a multiple of 80 damage. I honestly don't think that is a good idea. How about giving some squads a fifth man via an upgrade or veterancy?

I am trying to make it so they generally have 25% more health like the five man squad upgrade with out the extra dps from a fifth man. Five men is actually way too much of a power creep for these squads. Perahaps a general armor upgrade would probably be better. Enough armor with RNG allowing for approximately 20% more health.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★