Login

russian armor

Remove "Main Gun destroyed"

aaa
28 Feb 2017, 12:53 PM

As I understand this triggers occasionaly when tank is below ~ 25% hp. This gives a solid advantage for high hp tanks vs mediums.
Objectively in most 1v1 games aliles have no heavies at all.
When they fixed that previously they replaced 1 rng with another one. Worse version of it. In late game assualt scenario small meduim tanks hp is effectively lowered to 75% of its nominal hp.
As I remember even for IS2 main gun destroed means nothing and easily avoidable while for t3476 its a death sentence. Most axis tanks are is2 like or bigger so they dont suffer from it.
I think removing "gun destroyed" perfectly make sense and was said by several sane 1v1 players.

Not this just an RNG but it is a serious balance issue, that gives solid unintended advantage for axis.
28 Feb 2017, 13:17 PM

Is this critical damage only applies on allies vehicles ? lol
28 Feb 2017, 13:38 PM

not sure if bad bait or just nice person allied fanboy MingLee
28 Feb 2017, 14:35 PM

Actually if it gives a solid advantage that is to Soviets due to PTRS that fires faster with 100% accuracy and deflection damage, that increases the changes of causing all sorts of critical.
28 Feb 2017, 15:34 PM
Donator 11

Not to mention that out of control shoots that can destroy your tank right after you took opponent vehicle down to 0% hp. Or at least make it like 5% accuracy i mean come on.
28 Feb 2017, 15:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2017, 15:34 PMWalther
Not to mention that out of control shoots that can destroy your tank right after you took opponent vehicle down to 0% hp. Or at least make it like 5% accuracy i mean come on.

But those moments are hilarious!
28 Feb 2017, 15:59 PM

It is unclear what your first post means. Are you saying there is a bug that causes gun destroyed only for Axis tanks? I can tell you the loss of a main gun is actually worse for heavies because it takes longer to get them back in the fight, while mediums can be repaired faster and can contribute piece meal if a push is imminent.

Try rephrasing your post.
aaa
28 Feb 2017, 17:36 PM

It is unclear what your first post means. Are you saying there is a bug that causes gun destroyed only for Axis tanks? I can tell you the loss of a main gun is actually worse for heavies because it takes longer to get them back in the fight, while mediums can be repaired faster and can contribute piece meal if a push is imminent.

Try rephrasing your post.

1. I dont know what can be said clearer in the first post.
2. I totally disagree with this.
When there is a game at stake repair speed becomes irrelevant.
I highly doubt that mediums equvalent of KT (3 mediums or smth) get faster rep than 1 KT. While they get this MGD a lot faster. Even in 1 shot by some units.
Repair speed is separate issue i dont want to mix it in there.

This espessialy issue at late game all-in scenario, when you dive in and should kill his KT but 2 tanks out of 3 gets this MGD. Even if 1.
28 Feb 2017, 18:53 PM

It's generally a good idea to tighten a noose around your neck, provided you know what a noose is and how to tighten it or even tie it, if not go check on how to do that in wikiHow, hang it somewhere, climb on a chair, and jump from it.

The stupid from you will forever leave this planet afterwards.
28 Feb 2017, 18:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2017, 17:36 PMaaa

1. I dont know what can be said clearer in the first post.
2. I totally disagree with this.
When there is a game at stake repair speed becomes irrelevant.
I highly doubt that mediums equvalent of KT (3 mediums or smth) get faster rep than 1 KT. While they get this MGD a lot faster. Even in 1 shot by some units.
Repair speed is separate issue i dont want to mix it in there.

This espessialy issue at late game all-in scenario, when you dive in and should kill his KT but 2 tanks out of 3 gets this MGD. Even if 1.

Your first post makes little sense. It doesn't appear to have a point.

You can disagree with me if you want, but repairing a tank with less health is faster than a tank with more health so it really doesn't matter since my point still stands.

Part of the issue here is that your post is unclear and it is hard to understand what you want to discuss. For instance: "In late game assualt scenario small meduim tanks hp is effectively lowered..."

What does that mean? Assault scenario? Effectively lower?

Or: "...while for t3476 its a death sentence."

The loss of a gun on a T34 is a death sentence? This is not true in any sense. If a T34 loses its main gun it is completely free to reverse. Destroyed engine is a death sentence. What are you saying?
28 Feb 2017, 19:56 PM

I think he just means that Main Gun Crits disproportionately affect Mediums because they have lower HP ergo they are more likely to go below 25% Health and get the critical.

What I don't understand is the whole "Most Axis Tanks are IS2-like therefore it's an advantage for Axis" logic I guess Axis players only build Tigers and KTs now? Nevermind the glaring fact that Comet and Pershing is pretty much the meta for Allies now and T85 w/ Mark Target is the great equalizer for Soviets.
28 Feb 2017, 20:02 PM
Donator 11

Firstly this is for sure not a ballance issue. Secondly, if you think that there are too many crits in coh2, try coh1 :D
28 Feb 2017, 20:08 PM

Firstly this is for sure not a ballance issue. Secondly, if you think that there are too many crits in coh2, try coh1 :D

But is fun to play with random stuff happening.This way it doesn't feel that you have the same battles.I find really bad the RNG balance,like one team(player) has more than twice bad luck than the other team(player) and that's what i have unbalanced.If WFA and UKF get repair nerf,then it will be balanced to have "main gun destroyed" for all armies.
28 Feb 2017, 20:12 PM
Donator 11

But is fun to play with random stuff happening.This way it doesn't feel that you have the same battles.I find really bad the RNG balance,like one team(player) has more than twice bad luck than the other team(player) and that's what i have unbalanced.If WFA and UKF get repair nerf,then it will be balanced to have "main gun destroyed" for all armies.

I fully agree with you, coh is more interesting than other rts games becouse rng means the game is all about risk management, rather than simple calculation.

This is very easy to show in the case of vehicle abandon. Thanks to that system, both sides enganged in tank fight must have additional forces needed to destroy the tank if it goes abandoned. If they forget about this, they may pay the hefty price of handing tank to opponent or not really destroying the tank they wanted.
28 Feb 2017, 20:30 PM

Funniest is when your zook blob just runs up to a Panther and melts its health and gives it a main gun crit lol.
28 Feb 2017, 20:41 PM

Funniest is when your zook blob just runs up to a Panther and melts its health and gives it a main gun crit lol.

Or when panther driver over zook blob with blitzkrieg, ruining your day :hansSTUG:
28 Feb 2017, 21:21 PM

Or when panther driver over zook blob with blitzkrieg, ruining your day :hansSTUG:

Haven't really ever had that happen to me, seen a gif of it once though. Did crush a blob with a p4 once with blitzkrieg. Then again, I crushed so much shit with m10s and cromwells and comets, it's fun.
1 Mar 2017, 12:31 PM

Haven't really ever had that happen to me, seen a gif of it once though. Did crush a blob with a p4 once with blitzkrieg. Then again, I crushed so much shit with m10s and cromwells and comets, it's fun.

Crushing things with comets ? are you madman ? Why would you do that when you have 70 range infantry vaporiser (20 munny phosporus). Also comet is expensive for risking it.
1 Mar 2017, 12:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2017, 12:53 PMaaa

[...]

As I remember even for IS2 main gun destroed means nothing and easily avoidable while for t3476 its a death sentence. Most axis tanks are is2 like or bigger so they dont suffer from it.
I think removing "gun destroyed" perfectly make sense and was said by several sane 1v1 players.

Not this just an RNG but it is a serious balance issue, that gives solid unintended advantage for axis.

Actually, T-34 is the only tank that can do at least something with its main gun destroyed.
1 Mar 2017, 12:48 PM
Patrion 310

Actually, T-34 is the only tank that can do at least something with its main gun destroyed.

Or Not

https://clips.twitch.tv/ImpartialCharmingCardCopyThis

:p
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment